OT: 2012-13 Lockout Discussion Part XI: The "Please make it stop" edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Sounds too close to fail unless somebody gets pissed off and decides they've had it.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Do or die for both sides. Nut cutting time. If they screw this up now both sides look completely incompetent. A PR nightmare for players and owners.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
$63M is fine. They will have 2 amnesty buyouts. Redden is one. Rupp. It will be tight.

question, can buyouts start now? So Redden this yr then make a decision on Rupp next yr? I do agree Rupp is tight but I would want him on this yrs team since the cap wont be an issue till next yr really

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
Seeing as how there's zero need for $70M with a buyout (Two of them now) there's not much need for it...

No need for $65M either, they're just getting nit-picky now.

There is no need for something as low as $60m unless your intent is to break up teams. Its not an obligation to spend that high. If it causes the players to get more than 50%, money goes back to the owners. The pa isn't angling for more cash. Maybe they want to stay home instead of packing up their family. Take a run at a cup. This is impacting the upper echelon teams only, not a surprise players there would rather not be forced out over a bad transition.

Blueblood2

Nov 14, 2011
There is no need for something as low as $60m unless your intent is to break up teams. Its not an obligation to spend that high. If it causes the players to get more than 50%, money goes back to the owners. The pa isn't angling for more cash. Maybe they want to stay home instead of packing up their family. Take a run at a cup. This is impacting the upper echelon teams only, not a surprise players there would rather not be forced out over a bad transition.

Wings would have different posts if his team was in the same cap position as Rangers.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia

ahhhh the NHL probably stayed strong at 60 knowing they would give a higher cap in exchange for something else. Heck that's what I would of done. Make them think they are winning when the 63 number is really what they were OK with all along

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Larry Brooks @NYP_Brooksie
As I implied a few hours ago, simply splitting difference (if that) on remaining issues was not likely to cut it for PA. Much work ahead.

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
ahhhh the NHL probably stayed strong at 60 knowing they would give a higher cap in exchange for something else. Heck that's what I would of done. Make them think they are winning when the 63 number is really what they were OK with all along

Truth be told, the union bargained a lot away for what I would deem primarily franchise issues. The have indirect impacts on the players, but the teams should have hashed out transition caps, amnesty buyouts, ahl cap threshold, revenue sharing for God's sake...

turcotte8

Feb 15, 2008
NY
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Someone who I feel has "sense" of where things are just told me: "There's a bit of frenzy going on now that may not be entirely justified."

Person wasn't being negative, just noting there seems to be a runaway train of optimism that may be a little excessive. Food for thought.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice

Repeat, the CBA is not done. Just hearing that they've agreed on the number of years 10-years with opt out after Year 8.

PassShootScore

208 Row 18
May 30, 2010
Long Island
there are reports that they want to get this deal done real soon to play 50+ games but i dont see it. if Fehr has held out this long why wouldnt he wait till the last possible second to get a better deal?

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey

Truth be told, the union bargained a lot away for what I would deem primarily franchise issues. The have indirect impacts on the players, but the teams should have hashed out transition caps, amnesty buyouts, ahl cap threshold, revenue sharing for God's sake...

free0717

Apr 14, 2004
Old Bridge, NJ
I think this deal gets done tonite and the 2013-14 cap is 65M wit h a 44M bottom. Time to get this done. Bettmans just breaking chops but owners want Bettman to cut the S**t and get this done. Gary is just using that cap as a tactic to get something else like a smaller varience.

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
I think this deal gets done tonite and the 2013-14 cap is 65M wit h a 44M bottom. Time to get this done. Bettmans just breaking chops but owners want Bettman to cut the S**t and get this done. Gary is just using that cap as a tactic to get something else like a smaller varience.

Agreed. I think both sides are playing chicken.

IBleedNYRBlue

May 24, 2011
New Jersey
Honestly not even excited anymore for when they eventually get a deal done by the 11th.

Just lost all my interest for this year at the disgust of both sides. 48 games, meh, better than nothing, but they lost my interest. A 66 game start on X-Mas or w/e, would have really gotten me pumped like NBA did last year. Of course i'll be back if there is no season, but this whole dog and pony show just put a bad taste in my mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad