OT: 2012-13 Lockout Discussion Part XI: The "Please make it stop" edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMcDonagh

New York Rangers Cup
Jul 4, 2007
Long Island, NY
So..today started with mediation and then the NHL went to the NHLPA's hotel to negotiate. A former player tweets lockout over.. But its not? Or what? I would think a former player would be a credible source. No more news?

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
So..today started with mediation and then the NHL went to the NHLPA's hotel to negotiate. A former player tweets lockout over.. But its not? Or what? I would think a former player would be a credible source. No more news?

O'neill was just messing with people

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
But the NHL is the ones unwilling to negotiate... :laugh:

What's so funny about that? Players dropped their demand from 70 to 65 yet the league repeatedly stood firm stating they wouldn't go higher than the 60 they started out with. Now it appears they might finally be willing to budge a bit. So yeah, the league was really not very willing to negotiate, at least as far as the 13/14 cap is concerned. Hopefully now the players either take 63 or they agree to split the difference at 64 and call it a day.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Maybe I take a game too seriously, but it's a seriously disgusting thing to play with people's feelings and tweet that the lockout is over.

Wingsfan2965*

Dec 30, 2011
Nick Kypreos on Sportsnet. NHL is offering a $63M cap for 13-14. NHLPA is asking for $65M.

What's so funny about that? Players dropped their demand from 70 to 65 yet the league repeatedly stood firm stating they wouldn't go higher than the 60 they started out with. Now it appears they might finally be willing to budge a bit. So yeah, the league was really not very willing to negotiate, at least as far as the 13/14 cap is concerned. Hopefully now the players either take 63 or they agree to split the difference at 64 and call it a day.

Seeing as how there's zero need for $70M with a buyout (Two of them now) there's not much need for it...

No need for $65M either, they're just getting nit-picky now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad