GDT: 2/4/2013 - Wild@Yotes - 8:00 PM CST - FS-N, FS-WI

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Koivu can't lead a dog on a leash. He won't ever lead this team past a first round exit. Good player, intense player, but that doesn't translate to a good leader who inspires and gets the most from each player.

Koivu lead finland to gold. He's a legit leader. Yeo on the other hand.... not so much

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
orJ2Z2N.gif

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
Indeed he does. I don't see anything happening this year, but next season will be a different story.

If he makes it until next season. I would be surprised if they keep him around, if we don't start winning soon.

For the record, I sure hope Yeo does turn it around, I still like him as a coach, and only with the best for him and the Wild. But, he has to make something happen soon.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Guess what? Washington, even with they're god awful season so far, has still scored more goals than us.

Who cares about just goals. What about wins? I care more about the W's than this team hitting 4 goals a game. People need to stop expecting Chicago like offense with this team. For one, all four lines are filled with new players now. Every D pairing is pushing it still too. There is no chemistry going outside of Koivu-Parise-Heater. It has been 9 games, and how many practices?? Not making excuses, but I'm not expecting a Stanley Cup this year. No one should. Waaaay too many players have to get settled in.

UMD05

Hobey Baker Champs
Mar 5, 2010
St. Paul, MN
We were two pipes away from a lot of people here talking about how it looks like the team is on the right track.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
:laugh: Reward failure? Great plan!

Well, it certainly isn't something that shouldn't be tried I think. At this point, there needs to be some shakeups to get this team to wake the hell up. Too many lazy clears, passes. Not enough shots at the point from Dmen who should be taking those shots. I swear it's almost like the plan of attack on the PP is "pass it till Parise gets open."

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
We were two pipes away from a lot of people here talking about how it looks like the team is on the right track.

Hell more than that. The issue is: some people are expecting 40 SOG and netting 4+ goals a night. It is an expectation that shouldn't even be expected from anyone who knows how hard it is to just pick up and play with new linemates and to also learn a completely different system. Some players can make it look easy, some it takes some time to learn it.

Wildfish

Jul 13, 2011
Siberia, ND
what is this Coyle looked great crap? everyone has been complaining about Granlund and Coyle didn't look any better than Granlund looked in his first couple games.

Coyle looked way better in this one game than Granlund has in many. Granlund looked way better in this one game playing on the wing than he has in many at center IMO.

Billy Mays Here*

Heatley needs to be taken off the top line ASAP because he's got it way too easy there. All he does is stand in front of the net and waits for the puck to come to him. He doesn't do **** defensively and it's always either Koivu or Parise leading the rush into the offensive zone. At least the Heater of last year did more than just stand around.

Wildfish

Jul 13, 2011
Siberia, ND
Well, it certainly isn't something that shouldn't be tried I think. At this point, there needs to be some shakeups to get this team to wake the hell up. Too many lazy clears, passes. Not enough shots at the point from Dmen who should be taking those shots. I swear it's almost like the plan of attack on the PP is "pass it till Parise gets open."

If you're going to break up the 1st Line, there are several much better options than Seto IMO. PMB or Coyle instead of Heatley for starters. Or even baby jesus.

Billy Mays Here*

If you're going to break up the 1st Line, there are several much better options than Seto IMO. PMB or Coyle instead of Heatley for starters. Or even baby jesus.

So your plan for a struggling Seto is to continue to give him sheltered minutes with poor line-mates? Seto has always thrived with a talented center and Granlund isn't it. Seto put up 19 goals with Koivu last season, playing injured, and missing 13 games.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
There's "mail it in for Mackinnon" but what's the phrase for Seth Jones? Not willing to go that far yet but this team better wake the **** up or else Fletcher will trade them for more grinders and over-the-hill veterans.

I think I heard "Bomb for Seth Jones' mom"

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
On the bright side, Brodin played a nearly flawless game tonight. Holy christ that kid is good.

Soooooo dreamy.

Everyone, just drop the negatives from this game. We'll be complaining until after the Vancouver game if this keeps up. Look at the positives! Brodin looks great! Parise is awesome! Mitchell is a beast!

Just...don't be so down on the team. This team has talent. Things will turn around soon :)

Piffles

Jul 4, 2012
GIFfing at ~100 posts. You are learning quite fast. Starting to fit in real well here. A few tin-foil hat comments, a couple cat pictures and you'll be an esteemed member. Keep it up. :thumbu:

This ain't my first rodeo. :laugh:

I didn't know what else to do, any legitimate response would just feed what appears to be a troll.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Soooooo dreamy.

Everyone, just drop the negatives from this game. We'll be complaining until after the Vancouver game if this keeps up. Look at the positives! Brodin looks great! Parise is awesome! Mitchell is a beast!

Just...don't be so down on the team. This team has talent. Things will turn around soon :)

Quick, kill the optimist!

ytuBdY0.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad