GDT: 2/4/2013 - Wild@Yotes - 8:00 PM CST - FS-N, FS-WI

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Players are also starting to get tired of Yeo's overly defencively system and dump the puck offense?

Billy Mays Here*

Blame Tippett all you want for playing the trap, but the man gets results. Imagine how much better the Wild would potentially be had we hired Tippett instead of this Richards and Yeo nonsense. If he can do all that with a poor Phoenix team. . . . . .

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
Blame Tippett all you want for playing the trap, but the man gets results. Imagine how much better the Wild would potentially be had we hired Tippett instead of this Richards and Yeo nonsense. If he can do all that with a poor Phoenix team. . . . . .

Stanley cup :sarcasm:

SwimToTheMoon

Wild fan in WPG
Sep 5, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Won't be satisfied until they put Seto on the first line alongside Koivu and Parise. I wanna see what he can do there because putting him on the 4th line isn't going to help matters at all.

I don't mind that idea, but he's gotta earn himself that spot. He has to have another game or 2 like today to be promoted. He can't go back to his old ways.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I can recall A LOT of fans desperate to get away from that kind of system though. It's a case of "be careful what ya wish for."

saywut

Jun 11, 2009

Every system works if you have the right players and they buy into it.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
I don't want to be that guy, but we could have had Hitchcock.

I still have faith in Yeo though. He has a lot of new pieces to figure out, but he NEEDS results soon.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
At this point, I'm really hoping the leaders will step up in the locker room.
Possibly, but they too haven't been good in the past few games. So do they have credibility? Will others listen to them?

It'd be nice to see someone start cracking skulls in that room.

Billy Mays Here*

I can recall A LOT of fans desperate to get away from that kind of system though. It's a case of "be careful what ya wish for."

Let's see here. . . . . consistent playoff team that doesn't play an "exciting" style. . . . or. . . . . . a team stuck in mediocrity for all eternity. Hmmm. . . . . tough choice.

OpRedDawn*

If we need players to only skate north / south and grind teams down, why even bother drafting guys like Granlund?

countrygentleman

The Kaptain Says ARR
Jan 14, 2010
Minnesota
Koivu can't lead a dog on a leash. He won't ever lead this team past a first round exit. Good player, intense player, but that doesn't translate to a good leader who inspires and gets the most from each player.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Let's see here. . . . . consistent playoff team that doesn't play an "exciting" style. . . . or. . . . . . a team stuck in mediocrity for all eternity. Hmmm. . . . . tough choice.
Hey...I'm not saying I was all for changing up the system. But during those years, you also have to remember that we were stuck in the sand. Got swept in one playoff appearance while getting knocked out in the first round again the following year. And THEN after that, missed the playoffs entirely. We weren't really a consistant playoff team with that system AND the best coach for using that system.

Billy Mays Here*

There's "mail it in for Mackinnon" but what's the phrase for Seth Jones? Not willing to go that far yet but this team better wake the **** up or else Fletcher will trade them for more grinders and over-the-hill veterans.

Billy Mays Here*

Koivu can't lead a dog on a leash. He won't ever lead this team past a 9th place finish. Good player, intense player, but that doesn't translate to a good leader who inspires and gets the most from each player.

ftfy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad