Soon.

CIh61JOXAAA0gIe.png:large

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time
Dec 10, 2007
Lower E. Side
distrokid.com
DaveG , tarheelhockey

Congrats, my friends. You got the 3rd best player in the draft and that combined with the Bruins' trades and picks (JAKUB ZBORIL who was ranked 14th before the draft was a fine pick) will have Carolina in the playoffs in 2 years and they will ;)

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
"To hear my name called by an organization that I wanted to play for was an honor." --Noah Hanifin

"I'm so excited to be a part of Hurricanes. I wish the season was starting next week" -- J. Wisniewski

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
BC fan here. Expectation is hanifin returns for his sophomore year but i have no idea what the hurricanes want here. I have to believe they're ok with another year of seasoning in college but some of you are prob connected.

GindyDraws

Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
I spaced out on him for a moment, but then remembered his Team USA stuff in the USHL...

He was a steal, that's for damn sure. Just trying to figure out, however, who would be the Porzingis of the NHL Draft this year.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Could Twitter's character limit have something to do with it?

Although if that were the case, the extra exclamation point would have been the first to go.

You are giving an 18 year old hockey player the benefit of the doubt with grammar? Hmmm. Bigger man than I.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
Congrats Canes fans on this pick, short of winning the lottery this was the best possible outcome for you guys imho. Though I like Marner very much I'm very disappointed we passed on Hanifin. No matter how good Marner becomes I'll cry tears of jealousy when Hanifin wins his first Norris...I should be fine for his next 4 or 5 though ;)

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
Congrats Canes fans on this pick, short of winning the lottery this was the best possible outcome for you guys imho. Though I like Marner very much I'm very disappointed we passed on Hanifin. No matter how good Marner becomes I'll cry tears of jealousy when Hanifin wins his first Norris...I should be fine for his next 4 or 5 though ;)

Ditto. I wanted Hanifin all the way with the 4th pick. I believe in this kid so much, his the real deal!

Jealous that you guys got him, congrats!

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
He's going to be a stud for you guys.

His transition game is unreal for a dman. Don't think I've seen a draft eligible dman as good as him when it comes to transitional play. It's a joy to watch him retrieve a puck, skate, and fire a perfect outlet pass to a forward in stride. He will automatically improve the Canes in that area the moment he steps on NHL ice.

I do have questions about his offensive game while he's in the offensive zone, but that could improve with time.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
"To hear my name called by an organization that I wanted to play for was an honor." --Noah Hanifin

"I'm so excited to be a part of Hurricanes. I wish the season was starting next week" -- J. Wisniewski

I have loved this team through their darkest days (05 and other seasons) but sometimes I just want to know what they're smoking/how satan doesnt burn them alive all joking memes aside.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
I have loved this team through their darkest days (05 and other seasons) but sometimes I just want to know what they're smoking/how satan doesnt burn them alive all joking memes aside.
wisniewski is likely legitimately happy because he's a good plymouth/compuware boy and was a healthy scratch in anaheim, whereas here he'll easily be playing 20 mins a night.

hanifin is just being nice. he probably wants to die

froze

Jul 1, 2011
Tony MacDonald aka Director of Amateur Scouting said this in his interview on Hanifin.

"His game is at a point where going back to college isn't going to improve his game. I think he is beyond that at this point in time."

Sounds like MacDonald doesn't want him to go back to college lol.

I don't think that throwing Hanifin into an NHL slot next year would be smart unless he turns out to be Ekblad good in camp. He needs a year or two until he is top-pairing in the NHL which is where he needs to be, not just on the team because he is good enough to be on the bottom pairing as a young D-man.

If Hanifin does not make huge impression at the camp, he should go back to BC or maybe skate a year in Charlotte. He needs to be top pairing in the NHL (or at least top four) and if he is not ready for that, he needs to play top minutes at BC or Charlotte rather than 8 minutes a night in Raleigh.

w e l o s t b o y s

Drawing Frog 8
Nov 21, 2009
London
I don't think that throwing Hanifin into an NHL slot next year would be smart unless he turns out to be Ekblad good in camp. He needs a year or two until he is top-pairing in the NHL which is where he needs to be, not just on the team because he is good enough to be on the bottom pairing as a young D-man.

If Hanifin does not make huge impression at the camp, he should go back to BC or maybe skate a year in Charlotte. He needs to be top pairing in the NHL (or at least top four) and if he is not ready for that, he needs to play top minutes at BC or Charlotte rather than 8 minutes a night in Raleigh.

didn't Ekblad get concussed at camp

i hope he doesn't turn out that kind of good

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014

Hanifin, right now, is a top-4 D on the Canes in terms of talent. Personally I think he is every bit as good as Ekblad was coming out of the CHL. While that type on NHL transition is more the exception rather than the rule, Hanifin has it in him.

There is no scenario where he gets 8 minutes a night. The Canes have proven with Fleury that they are willing to be patient if the situation dictates. Hanifin is either planted in the top-4 playing 15+ minutes a night or headed back to BC.

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
I would like him to get his 9 games and go to charlotte and get used to the long pro season and learn how to protect himself against men. If they aren't in the playoffs, he can come up at the end of the season again. I think they really limited Skinners potential by throwing him in with the wolves at 19. I don't want them to make the same mistake with Hanifin. IMHO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad