Confirmed with Link: 1st round - #5OA - D Noah Hanifin - Boston College

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
“I’m just a hard-working guy,” Hanifin said. “I come from Boston, which is a blue-collar town. My parents are extremely hard-working people who made a lot of sacrifices to help me get here. I’m going to take those characteristics to Carolina.”

Fit the model.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
every time i read this i want to cry

A dynamic two-way defenseman that has no holes in his game. An exceptionally strong skater who isn't afraid to take the puck himself and move it up-ice. The confidence that he has in his abilities lets him thrive under heightened competitive levels. The skilled defenseman's undeniably high level of hockey sense is showcased whenever he touches the puck in the offensive zone. Defensively, he is aggressive, constantly pushing for puck possession and a quick transition to offense, but at the same time steadfast, reliable, and patient. He is poised beyond his years and mature in his decision making. All-in-all, Noah Hanifin is the ideal all-around defenseman that leaves no area of his game untended. (Curtis Joe, EP 2015)

Noah Hanifin is a star in the making. A true two-way player that coaches want to leave on the ice as long as they have juice left. His game is reminiscent to that of the NHL player Drew Doughty: a truly versatile defenseman and a catalyst for positive happenings at both ends of the ice. - [EP]

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Tony MacDonald aka Director of Amateur Scouting said this in his interview on Hanifin.

"His game is at a point where going back to college isn't going to improve his game. I think he is beyond that at this point in time."

Sounds like MacDonald doesn't want him to go back to college lol.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I am so damn glad this worked out for us.

Seriously. Edmonton and Buffalo had their time to celebrate when the lottery results were announced, but tonight, I don't think there's a fanbase that's as unanimously psyched as we are.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
And just think, 3 seasons ago we were icing guys like Bobby Sanguinetti, Jamie McBain, and Joe Corvo for the 3rd or 4th time. We've come a long way boys.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
but but but... he'll never sign here. Stupid Canes, should have never passed on Boston's offer of 3 mid firsts instead of getting a franchise changing player :sarcasm:

Not a part. Apart. Means he doesn't plan to sign. Get a clue Dave.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad