Prospect Info: #162 LW Jesper Bratt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Not really, he had ppg in the SEL and came over at 22.

Bratt was .5 ppg in the Swedish 2nd league and came over at 19.
He comes to mind as another late pick (who happens to be Swedish) that plays a two-way game and blows people away. So yes really.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I agree with everything here. The in a few years from now people can be saying "Look at Bratt" when looking at the player compared to where was drafted is sooooo premature. Hopefully that's what in fact happens but this is really soon. Again, hopefully he keeps this up and maintains his level of play.
We haven’t had much to celebrate over the last few years. I’m going to celebrate this. No one is voting him into the Hall of fame yet. The fact that he looks like an NHL player already is incredible.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Anyone else notice him back off the Leafs a number of times last night? Like legit the kind of treatment dynamic star players get out there. One in particular he picked the puck up the puck near our blue line and made a quick cut with speed to rush the puck, and you could hear yelling from the Leafs on the sportsnet broadcast and they started backing into the zone and collapsing to his side. He still managed to beat a couple guys, get deep and establish zone possession.

Reactions: OmNomNom

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Anyone else notice him back off the Leafs a number of times last night? Like legit the kind of treatment dynamic star players get out there. One in particular he picked the puck up the puck near our blue line and made a quick cut with speed to rush the puck, and you could hear yelling from the Leafs on the sportsnet broadcast and they started backing into the zone and collapsing to his side. He still managed to beat a couple guys, get deep and establish zone possession.
would love to rewatch that if possible

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
What strikes me about him is the way he always seems to have an extra second or two with the puck as he looks around in the offensive zone. I’m not sure if he is doing somethkng subtle to create more space but he’s not getting swarmed on the boards or in the corners. It’s as if when he has the puck everyone else is moving at 9/10 speed.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
We haven’t had much to celebrate over the last few years. I’m going to celebrate this. No one is voting him into the Hall of fame yet. The fact that he looks like an NHL player already is incredible.

Again, I get it and I hope it lasts for 15 years. That's why I was hesitant to even post my original post. The word generational, comparing to Cup Winning multi year all stars, and the like is why I posted. I love what he's doing and would be blown away if he did it over the course of a career. At some point we've got to hit on a late round guy right?

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I agree, it seems to me like it's all been a mental thing with Bratt. Hopefully he can be consistent with his mindset.

Yup. I think he said in an interview that he started working with a sports psychologist this summer and that totally changed his mindset. Gave me a mental image of that scene from Office Space. :laugh:

He got hypnotized and now he's the 3rd best player from his draft class!

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
something something barbie doll rip off something something
Bratz_Logo_2001.jpg

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Again, I get it and I hope it lasts for 15 years. That's why I was hesitant to even post my original post. The word generational, comparing to Cup Winning multi year all stars, and the like is why I posted. I love what he's doing and would be blown away if he did it over the course of a career. At some point we've got to hit on a late round guy right?

These things are possibilities, though, and not exactly remote ones either. Bratt's got great instincts and great vision. The only things I have a question about are durability and his shot/shooting frequency.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Yup. I think he said in an interview that he started working with a sports psychologist this summer and that totally changed his mindset. Gave me a mental image of that scene from Office Space. :laugh:

He got hypnotized and now he's the 3rd best player from his draft class!
Supposed to be incredibly hard working as well. Seems the mental coach has really let him clean up how he works to go with how hard he already works.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I wonder what number he's going to wear? I saw a picture of him wearing #11 for Team Sweden...It's available

EDIT: Not available - That Boyle's number

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I wonder what number he's going to wear? I saw a picture of him wearing #11 for Team Sweden...It's available

EDIT: Not available - That Boyle's number
If he was going to switch I think it would be to #98 which is what he wore last year because of his birth year assumedly. Would be a cool number but seems to keep #63 for now just like Zacha with #37. Only Santini and Hischier have switched from their development camp number. McLeod doesn't have #9 available either so I wonder what number he'll go to

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Yea 63 fits him. It's unique and he has played well enough for it to stand out.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Yea 63 fits him. It's unique and he has played well enough for it to stand out.

I also think that if he pans out, it will be a spectacular story that the reason he wears #63 is because it was a crap, throwaway, high camp number, and he made the NHL anyway.

It's worth keeping #63 just to tell that story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad