16 contracts ending this summer - who to re-sign?

WhiteLight*

I dont expect Latendresse to be as good as Holmstrom but Latendresse goes to the dirty areas every shift and has the ability to play a same role on the PP, just not as good.

The PP is garbage and Latendresse is a big part of that. Last game they even took him off and put Greening on the top unit.

He's supposed to be that big body in front of the net but doesn't do it.

He goes to the dirty areas at times at even strength but most of the time he's too slow getting there. He really isn't much of a net presence.

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
UFAs
Alfredsson Who knows.
Latendresse Yes
Regin No
Gonchar If he wants but it would have to be cheaper.
Lundin No
Benoit No room on blueline. Get contract elsewhere.
Jessiman Bingo
Lawson Yes

RFAs
Condra Yes, needs to improve though.
Hoffman Yes
Wiercioch Yes
Da Costa Yes
Cowick Yes bingo only
Borowiecki Yes
Dziurzynski Yes
Caporusso No

cdavis*

Latendresse absolutely and Condra absolutely not? Ok there bub

No need to be a sarcastic pr1ck.

Latendresse has almost the same amount of points in almost half the games Condra has played.

Condra is constantly frustrating, doesn't produce, rarely comes out of a battle with the puck, never gets his shots off, is, in my opinion, completely overrated by Senators fans. From what I've seen in every game this season, he isn't nearly as good defensively as people say. He's also nowhere near as strong as Latendresse.

Latendresse is bigger, gets shots off when no one else is shooting, he often comes out with the puck at the boards and he gets like three breakaways per game (in which he actually gets the shot off) despite his slowish skating. With the smack sens fans talk about Latendresse, it's an impossibility for him not to be underrated.

My belief is that Latendresse and Condra are just on two completely different levels. I think Condra belongs in the AHL.

I also think Condra should be scratched before Latendresse and O'Brien.

What is it that makes you think Condra is such an important asset?

Last edited by a moderator:

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Erik Condra wears #22, and he looks like this:

i

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

Latendresse has almost the same amount of points in almost half the games Condra has played.

Condra is constantly frustrating, doesn't produce, rarely comes out of a battle with the puck, never gets his shots off, is, in my opinion, completely overrated by Senators fans. From what I've seen in every game this season, he isn't nearly as good defensively as people say. He's also nowhere near as strong as Latendresse.

Latendresse is bigger, gets shots off when no one else is shooting, he often comes out with the puck at the boards and he gets like three breakaways per game (in which he actually gets the shot off) despite his slowish skating. With the smack sens fans talk about Latendresse, it's an impossibility for him not to be underrated.

My belief is that Latendresse and Condra are just on two completely different levels. I think Condra belongs in the AHL.

Intangibles

cdavis*

Intangibles

Answering "intangibles" to a question because you can't answer it is quite redundant.

Condra is average at best when it comes to penalty killing. Again, another reason why he is overrated.

It's quite pathetic how arseholes on here like to dismiss other peoples' opinions, meanwhile, not backing up their opinions with any facts.

Powdered Toast Man

Is he a ham?
Nov 22, 2005
Answering "intangibles" to a question because you can't answer it is quite redundant.

Condra is average at best when it comes to penalty killing. Again, another reason why he is overrated.

Of course, our #1 penalty killing forward has nothing to do with the fact we have the second best penalty kill in the league.

Oh look, facts.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
meanwhile, not backing up their opinions with any facts.
Condra is very good at reading plays. He's in the right spots on defense and he can carry the puck out and into the offensive zone. Sure he doesn't produce or get good shot off, but if he did, then he'd be a top 6 forward. He'll come cheap and he's an ideal bottom 6 forward.

There's no point in bringing up Lats as a comparison. He's a different player who is expected to be a top 6 forward. However, his past and recent injuries have not allowed him to get him up to speed so signing him is a matter of doing the row risk high reward experiment again. I wouldn't mind.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

It's quite pathetic how arseholes on here like to dismiss other peoples' opinions, meanwhile, not backing up their opinions with any facts.

You're a grumpy little one aren't you

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa

okay, let's look at your post where you described why you don't like condra

Condra is constantly frustrating, (note: fact for you) doesn't produce, rarely comes out of a battle with the puck, never gets his shots off, is, in my opinion, completely overrated by Senators fans. From what I've seen in every game this season, he isn't nearly as good defensively as people say. He's also nowhere near as strong as Latendresse.

key:
bold equals fact
italics equals either opinion, or something that you have not backed up with facts, and is merely observation which could very well be biased or incomplete.

what you did here is dismiss other people's opinion with little fact. opinions are not fact. if you had video evidence in which we could observe what you are saying (complete and unbiased video), or some sort of record of puck battle wins, or could tell when the team is not shooting and when it is, or the amount of breakaways per game each player gets, total body strength records, or had some sort of proof that he is not as good defensively as people say, or were a reputable source, then you could get away with saying what you did as fact. as you are now, you've done nothing more than present your opinion as fact and take other people's opinion as false information. in conclusion, the last section of the first post i quoted is a category you are fitting in right now. i hope you learned something from this post, i hope you mature and grow as a person, and i hope you will become better than someone who calls himself an "arsehole"

cdavis*

okay, let's look at your post where you described why you don't like condra

key:
bold equals fact
italics equals either opinion, or something that you have not backed up with facts, and is merely observation which could very well be biased or incomplete.

what you did here is dismiss other people's opinion with little fact. opinions are not fact. if you had video evidence in which we could observe what you are saying (complete and unbiased video), or some sort of record of puck battle wins, or could tell when the team is not shooting and when it is, or the amount of breakaways per game each player gets, total body strength records, or had some sort of proof that he is not as good defensively as people say, or were a reputable source, then you could get away with saying what you did as fact. as you are now, you've done nothing more than present your opinion as fact and take other people's opinion as false information. in conclusion, the last section of the first post i quoted is a category you are fitting in right now. i hope you learned something from this post, i hope you mature and grow as a person, and i hope you will become better than someone who calls himself an "arsehole"

I don't believe I ever claimed all my statements to be fact I simply said that I did indeed include facts, whereas the people contending my opinion were not supplying facts or points whatsoever.

I don't need your little pot of gold chocolate-like legend to find my way around your gap-filled rant. I also never took or claimed others' opinions as false, I just challenged them to provide some facts behind their arguments and defended myself from two, now three sarcastic elitists.

Just watch a hockey game or two, you'll see what I mean. Tonight's game has a totally different outcome if Latendresse isn't setting up that game winner. When is the last time Condra ever came forward and did something like that? Condra has 2 points in his last 19, Latendresse has 8.

In conclusion, I hope you improve your hockey-watching and stat-researching skills. Craig Davis need not mature because he as mature as can be, poopy biatch. Thanks for inviting me to your version of Oprah's Lifeclass.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
I don't believe I ever claimed all my statements to be fact I simply said that I did indeed include facts, whereas the people contending my opinion were not supplying facts or points whatsoever.

no, you didn't claim everything you said was fact. you didn't claim anything you said was fact. when some people responded with their opinion (he has intangibles for example), you shot them down for not having any facts. in response, i went to your "proof" or reasoning response and pointed out that you indeed didn't have facts that supported your arguments. you had facts, but none of them supported your position. only your opinion did. and i'd doing to you what you did to someone else. call them out for not having facts that support their argument.

I don't need your little pot of gold chocolate-like legend to find my way around your gap-filled rant. I also never took or claimed others' opinions as false, I just challenged them to provide some facts behind their arguments and defended myself from two, now three sarcastic elitists.

you challenged them to do something you failed to do, then got pissed at them for doing what you did.

Just watch a hockey game or two, you'll see what I mean. Tonight's game has a totally different outcome if Latendresse isn't setting up that game winner. When is the last time Condra ever came forward and did something like that? Condra has 2 points in his last 19, Latendresse has 8.

we have a misunderstanding here. i like latendresse. i want to resign him. where we disagree is you not wanting to resign condra. you not only do not want to sign him, you think he is a bad player, which is strange because most other people disagree with you. i'm not saying the majority is always right, but when you're discussing something with people that are just as knowledgeable as you, and observe the subject as much as you do, and you are in the minority for an opinion, you better be able to back it up. so far all you have is "condra is average at best at penalty killing." and "he's not that great of a defensive player". it's fine to say that, but you have an uphill battle that you need to bring the big guns for (ie you have to SHOW us that condra is not that great in those areas of his game, not just say he isn't).

In conclusion, I hope you improve your hockey-watching and stat-researching skills. Craig Davis need not mature because he as mature as can be, poopy biatch. Thanks for inviting me to your version of Oprah's Lifeclass.

condra isn't here to score, he's here to be an excellent defensive player and be an energy guy, and he is great in that roll. that is the paradigm. the onus is on you to prove otherwise.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Of course, our #1 penalty killing forward has nothing to do with the fact we have the second best penalty kill in the league.

Oh look, facts.

Yup! Condra is a good player. Like Kelly was. I don't think quite as good. But close. Also on the PK. Alfie is still our best PK forward. Had been since he started doing it in maybe 2005. It is so much like takeaway maybe? Either way... No one competes to steal the puck like him. Silfverberg looks like maybe he is Alfie2.0 on the PK maybe?

Condra and Greening are very effective players. Until they are literally pushed past 11th and 12th on the depth chart they are cheap and very effective. Why move them if they are so cheap and effective?

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Teams need players like Condra. He does not cost a fortune so he makes it easier to manage the cap. He does not score a ton, but he is pretty safe on the ice. Chewing up some minutes without costing your teams excessive goals against is a good thing. I put his PK skills as his third best quality behind these other two, although most commentators put it up at number 1.

If we had to pick between them due to limited roster spots, I would keep Condra and let Greening go.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Teams need players like Condra. He does not cost a fortune so he makes it easier to manage the cap. He does not score a ton, but he is pretty safe on the ice. Chewing up some minutes without costing your teams excessive goals against is a good thing. I put his PK skills as his third best quality behind these other two, although most commentators put it up at number 1.

If we had to pick between them due to limited roster spots, I would keep Condra and let Greening go.

The lack of players like Condra is why Edmonton continues to miss the playoffs with a great offensive core of forwards. Just as much as not having good D-men.

John Holmes*

Condra is a smart player and he's good for pk duty, but scoring chances die on his stick.

If you accept that he's a 4th line role player / checker, you're fine. If you're expecting offense out of him, you're going to be disappointed.

He's a good guy to have around, but he's expendable. At least Chris Kelly played center and had some sort of hands.

sensrulz

Nov 12, 2009
Condra is a smart player and he's good for pk duty, but scoring chances die on his stick.

If you accept that he's a 4th line role player / checker, you're fine. If you're expecting offense out of him, you're going to be disappointed.

He's a good guy to have around, but he's expendable. At least Chris Kelly played center and had some sort of hands.

HaHa Stone cold hands Kelly ;), he is better than Condra and had a career year last year but I'd be very surprised if sees 39 points again. By the way he is 1 goal shy of his 100th. Yes I'd rather have him than Condra but not at 3 mil. As others have said he's cheap, is a smart player and is worth having around at 600K and I don't think it would take much to keep him here.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
UFAs
Alfredsson It's up to him
Latendresse Yes
Regin No
Gonchar Maybe.. yes if term and price is right
Lundin No
Benoit 2 way contract for depth as an emergency call-up only
Jessiman Maybe on 2 way but 50/50 on that
Lawson "Maybe" but depends on the progress of 2 drafted kids. If 1 makes the jump to the AHL then "No"

RFAs
Condra Yes - short leash.
Hoffman Yes - possible 2 way
Wiercioch Yes 1 way
Da Costa Yes - 2 way
Cowick Yes 2 way
Borowiecki Yes 2 way
Dziurzynski Yes 2 way
Caporusso No

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland