16 contracts ending this summer - who to re-sign?

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
UFAs
Alfredsson
Latendresse
Regin
Gonchar Maybe
Lundin
Benoit
Jessiman
Lawson

RFAs
Condra
Hoffman
Wiercioch
Da Costa

Cowick
Borowiecki
Dziurzynski Maybe
Caporusso

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
Are there any prospects that we should be signing in addition? Maybe, Dzingel, Costello, and Aneloski for now.

So say we have to drop 8 players from the above list to make room. Easy: Cowick, Dziurzynski, Caporusso, Jessiman, Lundin, Regin, Latendresse, Benoit, Lawson, (Alfredsson), (Gonchar)

Alfredson ONLY if he retires. He has played well enough this year and can still contribute as a leader/mentor.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Are there any prospects that we should be signing in addition? Maybe, Dzingel, Costello, and Aneloski for now.

This summer is the deadline to sign Aneloski, Fransoo and Peltz. Given their current situation, I don't think they'll sign any of them, especially not Peltz.

Dzingel and Costello are still eligible to return to college next year.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
UFAs
Alfredsson YES
Latendresse YES
Regin NO :'(
Gonchar NO
Lundin NO
Benoit YES
Jessiman MAYBE
Lawson MAYBE

RFAs
Condra YES
Hoffman YES
Wiercioch YES
Da Costa MAYBE
Cowick YES
Borowiecki YES (I don't like him but he's good in Bingo right?)
Dziurzynski YES
Caporusso NO

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Anyone who has to second guess signing Condra doesn't know what they are talking about.

Condra is a spectacular bottom 6 forward. Gives his best every shift and is a phenomenal PKer.

He has been one of our most consistent forwards all year. This year and last year.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
Anyone who has to second guess signing Condra doesn't know what they are talking about.

Condra is a spectacular bottom 6 forward. Gives his best every shift and is a phenomenal PKer.

He has been one of our most consistent forwards all year. This year and last year.

This!!

How could anyone want to get rid of this guy for nothing? He is a perfect low cost bottom 6er who shows up every night and does his job... Is awesome on the PK...

Sign him... No doubt

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
He's Chris Kelly 2.0. And just like Kelly he can round out the top-6 if there's any injuries.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
UFAs
Alfredsson Yes
Latendresse Yes
Regin Nope
Gonchar Nope
Lundin Nope
Benoit Maybe
Jessiman Nope
Lawson Nope

RFAs
Condra Yes
Hoffman Yes
Wiercioch Yes
Da Costa Trade
Cowick No
Borowiecki Yes
Dziurzynski Yes
Caporusso No

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
UFAs
Alfredsson Yes
Latendresse Yes
Regin No
Gonchar Yes - 1-to-2 year deal to bridge Ceci
Lundin No
Benoit I'd like to see him back as the 7th, but ultimately think he'll be a "50 contract" numbers victim
Jessiman No
Lawson No

RFAs
Condra Yes
Hoffman Yes
Wiercioch Yes
Da Costa Yes
Cowick No
Borowiecki Yes
Dziurzynski Not a huge fan, but Yes
Caporusso Aw hell no

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
UFAs
Alfredsson - Re-Sign - This one needs no explanation.
Latendresse - Try to Re-Sign - Latendresse adds secondary scoring and has shown good chemistry with Zibanejad and Silfverberg. He'll probably be affordable, too.
Regin - Let Walk - Regin has played out his time in Ottawa. He had an interesting playoff run against Pittsburgh and played well for Denmark in the WC during that summer, but the rest of his time in Ottawa has been marred by injuries and an inability to contribute when in the lineup.
Gonchar - Try to Re-Sign, or Replace with a Top-4 - Gonchar has played well enough to warrant a 1 year contract. His breakout ability complements MacLean's system nicely, and he's shown he has the ability to log heavy minutes if Karlsson goes down for a short period of time. If he either demands too long a term or wants to finish his career elsewhere, concentrate efforts on bringing in a comparable player to flush out our top-4.
Lundin - Let Walk - We don't have much use for Lundin after this season. I think we gave him a shot, and it's time to move on.
Benoit - Let Walk - I hate to say it, but I think Benoit should be given a chance to test the market a la Carkner. He's served his time in the AHL and has showcased his talent. We've got enough depth in the farm to make him an expendable asset, and I'm sure he wants a shot to be an NHL regular, rather than just a #7.
Jessiman - Replace - Jessiman's a serviceable player, I'm not privy to Binghamton's needs for next season, but I think he's fairly replaceable. Bingo seems to turnover its veteran forwards fairly often, so I can see him leaving.
Lawson - Re-Sign - We need an AHL goaltender, now that Lehner has been promoted to full-time back-up. His numbers are good enough to be the man in Binghamton (.937 SV% and a GAA that's just above 2.00).

RFAs
Condra - Re-Sign - Condra's an important depth piece. He kills penalties, has great defensive abilities, and can generate scoring chances by being aggressive around the blueline.
Hoffman - Re-Sign - He's young, he's shown some promise at becoming a speedy, smart bottom-6er. Seems like a no-brainer to qualify him.
Wiercioch - Re-Sign - Has played well in the top-4 this season. He's ready for a promotion to the big club.
Da Costa - Re-Sign - He's young enough and good enough to be a significant contributor in the AHL. I think he's lost out on the numbers game in the NHL, and he may become trade bait because of that.
Cowick - Release - Cowick is an adequate player in the AHL. He's got little NHL potential and may be moved on so the organization can get a look at other prospects.
Borowiecki - Re-Sign - A year removed from the organization's first call-up, Borocop has been jumped by Gryba and Wiercioch. He's still got the potential to become a solid bottom-pairing defensive defenceman, and is a leader in Binghamton.
Dziurzynski - Re-Sign - He adds grit and skill to Binghamton's lineup. While he won't be a stud in the NHL, he's worth keeping around for now for depth purposes.
Caporusso - Release - He hasn't done much to improve his likelihood of making the NHL. Can see him signing an AHL contract.

Last edited:

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
UFAs
Alfredsson Yes
Latendresse Yes
Regin No
Gonchar No
Lundin No
Benoit Yes
Jessiman Yes
Lawson Yes

RFAs
Condra I think he gets pushed out, so no
Hoffman Yes
Wiercioch Yes
Da Costa Yes
Cowick
Borowiecki Yes
Dziurzynski
Caporusso

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
:laugh: at people not wanting to resign cowick. he has been spectacular in bingo this year.

ufa's
alfie - yes
latendresse - yes
regin - :(
gonchar - yes
lundin - no
benoit - yes
jessiman - no
lawson - yes

rfa's
condra - yes
hoffman - yes
wiercioch - yes
da costa - yes
cowick - yes
boro - yes
dd - yes
cap - no

12/16 retained.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Can Bingo (not Ottawa) sign a goalie without it counting towards the 50 contract limit.

MusicTeacher:

Yes Binghamton can sign a goaltender to an AHL contract.

Marc Cheverie is on an AHL contract in fact he is the 4th goalie in the system right now..

Goalie Andrew Hammond has signed an ELC which starts next yr with Ottawa, so I guess next yr he will be the 4th goaltender in the system.....

WhiteLight*

:laugh: at people not wanting to resign cowick. he has been spectacular in bingo this year.

ufa's
alfie - yes
latendresse - yes
regin - :(
gonchar - yes
lundin - no
benoit - yes
jessiman - no
lawson - yes

rfa's
condra - yes
hoffman - yes
wiercioch - yes
da costa - yes
cowick - yes
boro - yes
dd - yes
cap - no

12/16 retained.

This, with the exception of Benoit. Would not re-sign. If anyone is willing to give him a shot in the NHL, then go ahead but it shouldn't be here.

I would also trade Da Costa

240boy

Feb 21, 2013
Kingston
UFAs
Alfredsson-Most obviously yes if he wants to play
Latendresse- If we can get him for the right price
Regin- Time to let him explore so no
Gonchar- Depends on price
Lundin- **** no. All the best of luck but doesnt work in a Sens uniform
Benoit- Would make a great 7th D man so yes.
Jessiman- No
Lawson- Maybe

RFAs
Condra- Yes if the price is right
Hoffman- Yes. has a promising future
Wiercioch- Yes without a doubt
Da Costa- No trade for something else
Cowick- Maybe.
Borowiecki Yes. Develop him in Bingo for another year or 2 as a future Phillips replacement
Dziurzynski- Dont think we need him anymore no that we have Kassian.
Caporusso- Maybe

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
UFAs
Alfredsson - As long as Alfie wants to play there will always be a spot on the team
Latendresse - He wouldn't play a top-nine role next year if everyone was healthy, gone
Gonchar - Depends entirely on Gonchar, I would hope Murray tries to bring him back
Regin - I haven't turned on him as much as others have, but he has no future here
Lundin - Fairly useless here, doubt the organization brings him back
Benoit - I think he'll end up moving to greener pastures, where he's guaranteed a spot
Jessiman - Won't be re-signed, Bingo will be fine with guys like DD, Cowick and Kramer
Lawson - He'll likely move on, as he deserves a shot to at least compete for a backup spot

RFAs
Condra - Yes, would be bad asset management to let him walk, also great PKer
Hoffman - Yes, organization is clearly very high on him
Wiercioch - Obviously yes, kid has been great since he came up
Da Costa - Traded, he's a nice trade chip for us, and he deserves NHL time (not here)
Cowick - Yes, could come down to him or DD though, could be gone
Borowiecki - Yes, pretty obvious that the org is high on him
Dziurzynski - Yes, he brings a different element than most guys
Caporusso - Nope, another casualty

Conacher - Spezza - Michalek
Greening - Turris - Alfredsson
Silfverberg - Zibby - Condra
Kassian/JOB - Smith - Neil
Kassian/JOB

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Gonchar
Wiercioch - Phillips
Boro/UFA

Anderson
Lehner

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
UFAs
Alfredsson - up to him if he wants to come back for another year, if he wants to of course re-sign him
Latendresse - let go, don't like his game besides his goal scoring touch, Stone could do a better job in his role as soon as next season
Regin - let go, 0 goals this season, he's obviously finished as an NHL player on this team
Gonchar - if he wants to play another year or two by all means re-sign him
Lundin - let go, thought he'd do well here but it hasn't worked out, time to try our luck with another depth defenseman next season
Benoit - re-sign as a 7th defenseman

RFAs
Condra - re-sign, perfect footsoldier and an excellent PKer
Hoffman - re-sign, has a lot of potential
Wiercioch - re-sign, has a lot of potential
Da Costa - re-sign, has ton of skill, just needs to improve all around game
Cowick - re-sign, has showed a lot in Bingo this year
Borowiecki - re-sign, huge mean streak and is has tremendous character, he'll be an NHLer
Dziurzynski - re-sign, could be a decent 4th liner in the future
Caporusso - let go, his career has been over since 08/09

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
UFAs
Alfredsson - yes of course if he wants to
Latendresse - try to upgrade but re-sign otherwise
Regin - unfortunately ran out of opportunities and room on the roster
Gonchar - try to upgrade but re-sign otherwise
Lundin - no
Benoit - he probably won't want to re-sign here anyway. Will find top 6 job elsewhere.
Jessiman - no
Lawson - not sure...

RFAs
Condra - yes, of course
Hoffman - yes, of course
Wiercioch - DUH!
Da Costa - #freedacosta trade him. Kaigorodov got us Mike Comrie.
Cowick - yes
Borowiecki - yes of course
Dziurzynski - meh
Caporusso - no

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
UFAs
Alfredsson Yes
Latendresse Yes
Regin No
Gonchar Yes - 1-to-2 year deal to bridge Ceci
Lundin No
Benoit I'd like to see him back as the 7th, but ultimately think he'll be a "50 contract" numbers victim
Jessiman No
Lawson No

RFAs
Condra Yes
Hoffman Yes
Wiercioch Yes
Da Costa Yes
Cowick No
Borowiecki Yes
Dziurzynski Not a huge fan, but Yes
Caporusso Aw hell no

This, but I wouldn't mind shopping Da Costa, Boro, and Dizzy at the draft

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
to be resigned for next yr.....

UFAs
Alfredsson yes if he wants to play another yr or more up to Alfie
Latendresse yes if will take good contract if not bye...
Regin nope
Gonchar yes if we can sign him for 1 yr or 2 max
Lundin nope
Benoit yes great depth player & leader
Jessiman nope he can be replaced
Lawson see who else they can sign as #3 goalie as he was signed as 4th goalie for this yr

RFAs
Condra yes
Hoffman yes
Wiercioch yes
Da Costa yes then trade him
Cowick yes busts his rear good depth player growing into a leader also
Borowiecki yes
Dziurzynski Yes I like DD so I am biased on DD......
Caporusso nope borderline echl ahl player

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
UFAs
Alfredsson YES
Latendresse NO
Regin NO
Gonchar YES (if reasonable price)
Lundin NO
Benoit YES
Jessiman YES
Lawson YES

RFAs
Condra YES
Hoffman YES
Wiercioch YES
Da Costa TRADE
Cowick YES
Borowiecki YES
Dziurzynski YES
Caporusso NO

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

We only get 50 pro contracts.

Who gets left out to keep Cowick in Bingo? 4 years ago "keeping Cowick" is a no-brainer. Right now though, with our depth, he's on the fringe. Maybe he can sign an AHL-only deal that keeps him on the Baby-Sens while not contributing to our pro-contract limit?

I'm all for exploring ways to keep Cowick here. I just don't think it's gong to be as easy as you think.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
Alfredsson: I'm hoping he retires but if he wants to play we sign him.
Latendresse: NO
Regin: No, obviously
Gonchar: Yes. One year max or let him walk
Lundin: NO
Benoit Yes
Jessiman: No
Lawson: Yes

Resign all the RFAs except Caporusso

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad