OT: 118th Obsequious Banter Thread: February is the month of food days

What are your favorite food(s) celebrated by a special day in February? (Choose up to three)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Remember chacha? You could text a question and someone would text the answer back. It was also on browsers and became an app once smartphones became a thing, but I only ever used the text version.

Reactions: Fire Tortorella

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
No pager
No MySpace

And I did use my disc man with a tape cassette outlet to play cd’s In my car with a tape player

Oh man. Remember the thing where you could play your iPod in the car by tuning to a radio station?

It's funny reading this pay phone/pager conversation right now, because I recently decided to go through my backlog of shows I want to watch, and I'm halfway through season 2 of The Wire. Crazy seeing digital cameras for the first time (again)

l2YWAH5AmzhRgeXTi.gif

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Oh man. Remember the thing where you could play your iPod in the car by tuning to a radio station?

It's funny reading this pay phone/pager conversation right now, because I recently decided to go through my backlog of shows I want to watch, and I'm halfway through season 2 of The Wire. Crazy seeing digital cameras for the first time (again)

View attachment 838017
I always had the iPod radio thing lmao. That was hilarious when i was sitting in traffic and was competing with multiple people for the same empty radio stations

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019

View attachment 838017

I still do the latter with my old 94 ranger. Only has about 130k miles. Guess I’m old. Using my smart phone though so making strides. My truck does have a CD player and I go to local music/ consignment shops and by cheap cds of classical music especially

Edit: meant former.... I’ll connect my music via radio station to my truck stereo

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Back in the day, you had a limited number of hours to access the Internet each month via the AOL discs. You had to monitor your usage.

Then, there were the chat rooms...

Oh man, I can't even count the number of those 3.5in floppies and CDs I received from them in the mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad