OT: 117th Obsequious Banter Thread: National Cookie Day is celebrated in December

What is your favorite cookie or two...make it top four? [Select up to four]

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I'd like to avoid taking the wheel off but I may include that in the teachings.
7ca7018ecd1ebefa03f079b7d307b6390d650003.gif

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Was there some kind of law changed for calling about home sales via phone? I get the occasional letter or postcard about "are you interested in selling your home?", but since the start of 2024 I have gotten 6 calls about it.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia

The gene variants linked to MS were brought to Europe about 5,000 years ago by what are called the Yamnaya people -- livestock herders who migrated through Russia, Bulgaria and Romania to settle in North-Western Europe

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
So starting Sunday looks like we are going to get some rather frigid temps all week and Tues some snow is forecasted.....

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Good article.....sucks how exposed to chemicals we are. Another reason for the high incidences of cancer....probably one of the bigger ones...

Plastic chemicals linked to $249 billion in US health care costs in 2018 alone, study finds

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
Little C did an amazing job. Slept for a bit, then woke up and just happily sat there. She has little headphones on at first but after she woke up, those kind of came off, so we just kept them off. No screaming, no crying. She was awesome

She deserves whatever her favorite treat is.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
My cat would never do this! I refuse to believe it will eat my skull ....so soon at least. She is well fed!

But may have to consider a Lab...

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Welp, our company has officially been deemed ineligible to recompete for the contract we've been working on that expires in two months (we are now a big business and it's only open for small businesses), so now I get to spend my long weekend job hunting instead of relaxing. This is the only job I've known since I graduated from college five years ago so this really stings.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Welp, our company has officially been deemed ineligible to recompete for the contract we've been working on that expires in two months (we are now a big business and it's only open for small businesses), so now I get to spend my long weekend job hunting instead of relaxing. This is the only job I've known since I graduated from college five years ago so this really stings.
Sorry man. Kick to the nads for sure. My buddy got laid off in Dec from his job of 20+ years. To add insult to injury he had to train his replacement. Basically his seniority and expertise too costly for the new regime which brought in all new people. I hope you find equivalent if not better employment soon!

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
Sorry man. Kick to the nads for sure. My buddy got laid off in Dec from his job of 20+ years. To add insult to injury he had to train his replacement. Basically his seniority and expertise too costly for the new regime which brought in all new people. I hope you find equivalent if not better employment soon!

Happened to me with a very large international bank @15 years ago. They flew two guys from India out here for me to train them on my job. I was relocated to a position in another part of the company. Six months later, the same thing happened. Combined, they made less than me, in both instances. After the second go-round, I was laid off. A year later, all four replacements were gone.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
That sucks dude. Good luck with your search.
Shame busting packs open can’t be a day job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad