OT: 117th Obsequious Banter Thread: National Cookie Day is celebrated in December

What is your favorite cookie or two...make it top four? [Select up to four]

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Thinking about dropping my Comcast cable but keeping internet with them - and getting youtube tv.

I only care about sports. Anyone have any advice? My cable is delayed compared to my friends anyway - sometimes 30 seconds.

Little nervous to do it - but interested. I live in South Jersey.

I think my internet would be $90 a month plus $75 for Youtube TV. My cable bill is like $225 right now...wild

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Thinking about dropping my Comcast cable but keeping internet with them - and getting youtube tv.

I only care about sports. Anyone have any advice? My cable is delayed compared to my friends anyway - sometimes 30 seconds.

I think my internet would be $90 a month plus $75 for Youtube TV. My cable bill is like $225 right now...wild

I did the same thing about 6 months ago - only issue I've had is that NHL Network isn't available.

I believe there's a section of YouTube TVs website to confirm the channels (regional) you'll get as well

The YouTube TV app is also much better with watching live and recorded TV outside your house. I travel a couple of times a year and through the app you're able to watch your "home" channels. On Comcast, many of those channels and recordings have to be watched in network.

Reactions: usahockey22flyers

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia

I use a kick ass IPTV service....get everything in the world....and depending on length of subscription/option....pay like 20 bucks on avg a month. Been doing IPTV for years now. If they get shut down ..just use another. Current one all time best...been about 3 years. I have no scruples about it. What is illegal is the prices the so called above board streaming services or cable companies charge. Eff them....they get enough of my money from broadband and cell services. Usury is what they practice....almost worse than cancer.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Pretty much just general info and tips on travel, etc.

What i got back was:

Check out some of the other islands, dont just stay on the main.
If youre able/up for it, hike Pico - highest point in Portugal
Main Island - abandoned hotel
Definitely do the salt water hot springs.

If theres anything else you want specifics on, let me know.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
I did the same thing about 6 months ago - only issue I've had is that NHL Network isn't available.

I believe there's a section of YouTube TVs website to confirm the channels (regional) you'll get as well

The YouTube TV app is also much better with watching live and recorded TV outside your house. I travel a couple of times a year and through the app you're able to watch your "home" channels. On Comcast, many of those channels and recordings have to be watched in network.

Can I watch YouTube TV on my laptop?

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.

I recently did the same, but I went with Hulu Live TV+ as it has all of the channels I was getting with Comcast plus Disney+ and ESPN+, which has a ton of options for watching sports.

I split my time between two residences, so I've got internet at both and the Hulu Live TV+ works at both locations. Instead of paying around $400 total for cable and internet at both, I pay about $200 total. $80 for Hulu, $35 for internet a one place and about $85 for internet at the other. Has worked out great.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I ate wagyu and lamb lollipops tonight

20240117_200819.jpg
20240117_200828.jpg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Big fan of YT TV. Once football ends I suspend it for six months, which runs out right as football begins again. Saves hundreds of dollars. I also have ESPN+ which does a ton to cover the sports hole.

Reactions: usahockey22flyers

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
None of the "protagonists" come off well in that film.

Close Encounters is on TCM right now. Richard Dreyfuss’ kids can’t even do basic fractions and have never seen Pinocchio. I was too judgmental for criticizing him leaving his family.

Also, Melinda Dillon’s 3 year old son somehow outraced her over the course of ~3 miles, with only a 100 yard head-start, to a major highway. Concerning lack of urgency on her part. Why is the door even unlocked? Barry was safer with the aliens.

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
Close Encounters is on TCM right now. Richard Dreyfuss’ kids can’t even do basic fractions and have never seen Pinocchio. I was too judgmental for criticizing him leaving his family.

Also, Melinda Dillon’s 3 year old son somehow outraced her over the course of ~3 miles, with only a 100 yard head-start, to a major highway. Concerning lack of urgency on her part. Why is the door even unlocked? Barry was safer with the aliens.

I watch this movie at least once per month, sometimes more. Everything up to the mashed potatoes scene. Then, I fast-forward to when he sees Devil's Tower on TV and let it play out. The whole screeching Teri Garr (who I actually like) stuff is like sledding down the street and hitting a bare spot.

Best part, for me, is the whole air traffic control conversation at the beginning.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

I'm literally watching this right now with all of my human eyes. I forgot about her kid running into the woods and she's just like "hey" and watching the obvious thing unfold from the window.

Lawrence of Arabia was on before. Have you seen it? It's a out Lawrence of Arabia.

• Wow
Reactions: Magua
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad