OT: 117th Obsequious Banter Thread: National Cookie Day is celebrated in December

What is your favorite cookie or two...make it top four? [Select up to four]

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Health insurance is a racket. Yes, I know a more common sense statement has never been uttered on here.

So HCette's company was bought last April or so by Jefferson so naturally Jefferson took over handling the insurance. This left us a few months into a pregnancy having to scramble to figure out our plan having new insurance along with trying to figure out Thatcher Venmo's last month of Speech Therapy.

Thatcher Venmo was born at Virtua Voorhees and HCette also used to work there so that was our preferred place to have Baby #2 along with it being our plan before the insurance change. Once the insurance changed we saw that having Baby #2 at Virtua wasn't an option without us putting a ton of money out of pocket and rolling the dice that we wouldn't have to pay five tons of money. So we turned our focus to Jefferson's hospitals in the areas that were supposed to come with having to spend $0 on the entire birth. We settled on driving 50 minutes away and going to Jefferson in Washington Township.

Back in November Baby #2 was born with absolutely no complications and HCette and Baby #2 were on their way home at like 30 hours post birth.

Fast forward to now and we get hit with a bill of $3000, $800, and another not yet a bill for $8k.

What are those bills for? Well one is for the pediatrician that baby #2 saw in the hospital. We were asked while at the hospital "which pediatrician do we want to see?" and we we responded saying we'll just see the house one because we don't live around there so we already have someone lined up. The other is for the anesthesiologist. Neither of those were considered Tier 1 doctors so it wasn't covered fully.

How is the HOUSE pediatrician and anesthesiologist at a Jefferson hospital not Tier 1? I'm sorry, I didn't know that I needed to check every single person that saw my wife and my baby as they came through the door.

I would have just went to Virtua if I knew this shit was going to happen.

Regarding speech therapy, he had been going for several months prior to the insurance change and when it changed over we were told that it was completely covered besides a co-pay. We get a bill that says differently so we call and explain the situation, they say we're right and they send it back in. A month or so later we get a thing in the mail showing that one of the three claims was covered but the other two were not. We call again and now we're told that Speech Therapy is only covered for reasons like having a Stroke and things like that but not for developmental reasons and actually the one claim that was paid out shouldn't have been. My wife and I have searched high and wide in the Explanation of Benefits and there is not a single differentiation anywhere between Speech Therapy. It just says Speech Therapy and it says it's covered.

I'm going to fight all of this and i'm going to eventually win but why the hell do we have to fight tooth and nail for every single thing when it comes to healthcare? That's a rhetorical question, I know the reason but god damn.

/rant

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Health insurance is a racket. Yes, I know a more common sense statement has never been uttered on here.

So HCette's company was bought last April or so by Jefferson so naturally Jefferson took over handling the insurance. This left us a few months into a pregnancy having to scramble to figure out our plan having new insurance along with trying to figure out Thatcher Venmo's last month of Speech Therapy.

Thatcher Venmo was born at Virtua Voorhees and HCette also used to work there so that was our preferred place to have Baby #2 along with it being our plan before the insurance change. Once the insurance changed we saw that having Baby #2 at Virtua wasn't an option without us putting a ton of money out of pocket and rolling the dice that we wouldn't have to pay five tons of money. So we turned our focus to Jefferson's hospitals in the areas that were supposed to come with having to spend $0 on the entire birth. We settled on driving 50 minutes away and going to Jefferson in Washington Township.

Back in November Baby #2 was born with absolutely no complications and HCette and Baby #2 were on their way home at like 30 hours post birth.

Fast forward to now and we get hit with a bill of $3000, $800, and another not yet a bill for $8k.

What are those bills for? Well one is for the pediatrician that baby #2 saw in the hospital. We were asked while at the hospital "which pediatrician do we want to see?" and we we responded saying we'll just see the house one because we don't live around there so we already have someone lined up. The other is for the anesthesiologist. Neither of those were considered Tier 1 doctors so it wasn't covered fully.

How is the HOUSE pediatrician and anesthesiologist at a Jefferson hospital not Tier 1? I'm sorry, I didn't know that I needed to check every single person that saw my wife and my baby as they came through the door.

Regarding speech therapy, he had been going for several months prior to the insurance change and when it changed over we were told that it was completely covered besides a co-pay. We get a bill that says differently so we call and explain the situation, they say we're right and they send it back in. A month or so later we get a thing in the mail showing that one of the three claims was covered but the other two were not. We call again and now we're told that Speech Therapy is only covered for reasons like having a Stroke and things like that but not for developmental reasons and actually the one claim that was paid out shouldn't have been. My wife and I have searched high and wide in the Explanation of Benefits and there is not a single differentiation anywhere between Speech Therapy. It just says Speech Therapy and it says it's covered.

I'm going to fight all of this and i'm going to eventually win but why the hell do we have to fight tooth and nail for every single thing when it comes to healthcare? That's a rhetorical question, I know the reason but god damn.

/rant

I work in the insurance industry (on the commercial side) but even I agree the way we do health insurance in this country makes no sense - specifically having it tie in with your employer.

Reactions: wankstifier

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

/rant

I just get hit with an additional $338 bill from Jefferson ER for the 4 stitches I got in my face due to a high-stick back in October. The first bill I got was for $443 and I thought that was the end of it. Nope, one bill from the doctor, one bill from the ER itself. Make it make sense.

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I just get hit with an additional $338 bill from Jefferson ER for the 4 stitches I got in my face due to a high-stick back in October. The first bill I got was for $443 and I thought that was the end of it. Nope, one bill from the doctor, one bill from the ER itself. Make it make sense.
Wear a cage!

Reactions: VladDrag

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
We're "still" fighting a bill for a certain procedure that some males get for Thatcher Venmo, who is now almost 3 1/2 years old.

We got a bill in the mail that said that it wasn't covered because it's a procedure that you can only get one of in a lifetime. Well, duh.

As it turns out the facility billing was paid out as the doctor billing and the since the facility billing was paid out they couldn't get paid. Yep, they f***ed up but we keep getting sent bills.

I say "still" because we haven't heard anything in like six months but that's usually how it works. I'll probably go home and see a bill.

• Wow
Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Wear a cage!

I switched to the full face shield after. Took a few games to adjust but all good now. I never did like cages. Only downside of the bubble is I have to unsnap the straps and lift it to drink water between shifts.

1704917499004.png

Reactions: VladDrag

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I would like to see the footage of it descending into water and then shooting out back into the sky at a crazy accelerated speed

The problem with this video and some others that have been put out by Corbell is though he claims they are the RAW video, some of the events he describes such as it descending into the water, hovering for 17 minutes and then coming back out at a 45 degree angle arent included. This is pretty cool to see, the fact that it has a payload for example and the translucent properties.

/rant

Don't even get me started. These people are the devil, the health care industry is such a complete sham. It should be illegal, these people need to go to jail.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
The problem with this video and some others that have been put out by Corbell is though he claims they are the RAW video, some of the events he describes such as it descending into the water, hovering for 17 minutes and then coming back out at a 45 degree angle arent included. This is pretty cool to see, the fact that it has a payload for example and the translucent properties.
Yeah that is what is annoying. These piecemeal releases don't help the "cause."

Reactions: Danko

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Healthscare in the US and regressive tax system are two major body slams to middle class americans...

PA among the 10 most regressive states...

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

/rant
American "health" "care"

I'm sorry you have to go through this

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I switched to the full face shield after. Took a few games to adjust but all good now. I never did like cages. Only downside of the bubble is I have to unsnap the straps and lift it to drink water between shifts.

View attachment 800319
Yeah, they are annoying, but they are worth it, especially in men's league. It's not you, it's the other 9 players around you that you have to watch out for. Half the guys have no care in the world and don't give a shit if they accidentally slice your face open

Reactions: Rebels57

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
My uncle told me about this incident. Still doesn't beat my mom's and aunt's experience in the town of San Marco Argentano, Calabria.

Reactions: Danko

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
Is that his profile pic on the doggie dating site "Bitchez.com?"

It is about to be his profile pic on "findmeanewhome.com" as he spent from a full hour from 5 am until now barking at a fox behind our place. Unacceptable behavior, especially since he made me wake up early and now he is asleep on the couch.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
My uncle told me about this incident. Still doesn't beat my mom's and aunt's experience in the town of San Marco Argentano, Calabria.

One of the incidents in project bluebook was investigated about a dogfight with a ufo over a football game in Fargo

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
now that ya got me going and there was already a dog post which put us even in subject matter today, i'll go one further...the uap closed doors meeting with the inspector general is tomorrow but don't expect much considering that many of the committee members don't have a clearance level to hear much of the information that matters.

Also looks like a new bill is being introduced related to UAP in the airspace Bipartisan lawmakers unveil legislation to close gap in UAP reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad