• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
I just wanna say, last night I was DJ'ing at this club and went into an impromptu disco set. "Ain't No Stopping Us Now" by McFadden and Whitehead should be our goal song.

It's a Philly act, a singalong song and just way better than what we currently have.

Would also accept "Here I Come" by The Roots

"Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now," was used as a theme song by the Phillies in 1979. It was in practically every commercial for the team and the pre-game shows.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
IMG_2542.jpeg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
No table saw? If so set the blade to half it’s depth, run it once one way then turn over and run it the other way, using a push stick

No table saw. I can't clamp it to my Workmate in a way that lets me do the things I want safely.

I've since learned anyway that the battery on my saw is shot so I basically get a five inch head start then handsaw finish. In this galling 103 degree heat.

• Haha
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
No table saw. I can't clamp it to my Workmate in a way that lets me do the things I want safely.

I've since learned anyway that the battery on my saw is shot so I basically get a five inch head start then handsaw finish. In this galling 103 degree heat.
Clamp and Japanese pull saw. Can get one cheap on Amazon

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
@ajgoal My Dad’s laptop died. I just snagged him an old i7 ThinkPad T480 for ~$250 since it’s popular with the Linux crowd. He wants Windows, but those people like hardware that lasts. Will report back when I get it in.

Everyone safely stitched up by now?

Thank you for asking!

Thankfully yes. Most likely a ruptured abscess. We got there at 9:15 AM. Didn't see a doc until about 3. Just got the call he was ready to go at 7. It's about a 40 minute drive. I'm here now. "Let me just check if the nurse is done his chart, and we'll call you up."

I get they are understaffed and maybe busier than usual, but come on. I just got back from a town that definitely operates on "Island Time" but this place puts them to shame. Seeing some folks leave in tears without their loved ones made me grateful I at least get to bring mine home, but it made the waiting that much worse.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
Lol I'm not waiting for that. I want this done.

I do need one of those though. I've got a Euro/US style fine woodworking saw which is amazing for precise work, I should get a Japanese style.

Can you clamp the piece you want to cut flush with the top of a table/flat surface? That way your circular saw has a wider surface to rest on.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It’s 2000lbs. Best I can do is 0% of the way

This is why America is dying. Your kind of "won't-do" attitude.

The good news is that I got the rest of the cutting done just now. Guess the battery just needed some exercise. The annoying news is that I had to go as far as it would with the clamp, then I had to handsaw a few inches, then I could finish with electrical wonder. The best news is after some eyeballing I don't think I'll have to halve the thickness after all. That was probably going to be a nuisance without a real rip saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA