OT: 115th Obsequious Banter Thread: 115 Minutes of Fame

Who did "Fame" best?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
My brain is fried, but we need to continue this conversation. A razor sharp and well setup plane is an absolute joy and one of the most satisfying tools to use. I got a Stanley ( no.whatever...don't remember right now) off Ebay years ago and this happened. Father's day present for my pop.

View attachment 740849
Show me how to set up the blade depth and angle, and how to use them and I’ll give you a dollar next time I see you

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Cat is home now. What a night. 7pm get the call. He's ready to go. Get there around 8. "Let me check"

8:30- "For Sawyer?" I go up to the counter and pay. "I'll let them know in back. Nurse will bring him out"

9- nurse finally brings him out, explains meds, I'm out.

10 minutes from home Kitten calls. "Bring him in the front door. There's a swarm of murder hornets outside the side door. I just let Mya out, don't know how I'll get her back in." I tell her to let the dog out the side gate and through the front door. She texts, "There's bees nests out front too!"

I'm about 5 minutes away now, forming my plan. Driving on the highway I see the biggest shooting star I've ever seen. So low on the horizon and lasting so long, that I could see a shape to it, and a greenish glow. Almost thought I was watching a plane crash. Or aliens. Any other time I would marvel at seeing this awesome phenomenon, but the day I'm having I'm expecting to come home to a crater in my backyard.

Get home. Leave cat in the car while I inspect the bee situation. They're swarming around our light above the door. Assume they aren't aggressive, but not taking chances. Grab the spray which is on the porch rail. Psssss. Basically empty, but I get a few. Ask her if we have more. She cracks the screen door and hands out a new can. I get the rest, and bring the cat in.

Now I just have to deal with a conehead for a few weeks. But the Phillies won, so...
#Forthejuju

View attachment 740847View attachment 740848
The cat is going to pay you back for putting that on your head.

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Guys this is an emergency does anyone or anyone's missus grow plants from seeds. My little pepper plant has 2 leaves in it and has been growing in a peat mound in a "greenhouse" just under a plastic lid and I was going to move him to a pot but when I took his lid off he wilted (didn't die) in less than a day :( so his lid is back on now and he's chillin. Do I pot him? Will he wilt? I don't know what to do

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Guys this is an emergency does anyone or anyone's missus grow plants from seeds. My little pepper plant has 2 leaves in it and has been growing in a peat mound in a "greenhouse" just under a plastic lid and I was going to move him to a pot but when I took his lid off he wilted (didn't die) in less than a day :( so his lid is back on now and he's chillin. Do I pot him? Will he wilt? I don't know what to do

Texted my wife, but she’s busy for a few hours. Will report back when she frees up.

• Love
Reactions: DancingPanther

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Texted my wife, but she’s busy for a few hours. Will report back when she frees up.
Thanks Jojo

I feel like he wilted bc his peat mound dried up but now I'm super nervous. My intuition tells me if I transfer to a pot and water the potting mix so it's damp he'll do ok. But my heart is scared

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
He's trying his best

1000001345.jpg

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Attached

She also said if that's a salt lamp, turn it on more often. It needs to dry out a bit.
What does Mrs. Whale have to say about this contraption. Transplant to pot with soil + feeding, then dome. Greenhouse style

1000001347.jpg

Last edited:

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia

This was pretty great. As an early teenager I had a healthy fascination with WWII naval warships--mostly the Kreigsmarine vs. the Royal Navy, but also in the Pacific. Even then I would chuckle thinking about how each time the axis would crank out a class of super-battleship, we and the Brits simply allocated a bunch of resources to sink them asap. Big fleet actions to counter them, but in each case an abundance of torpedo planes got the job done.

Lesson learned after trying things the ship-to ship way, which cost England the HMS Hood sadly.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
This was pretty great. As an early teenager I had a healthy fascination with WWII naval warships--mostly the Kreigsmarine vs. the Royal Navy, but also in the Pacific. Even then I would chuckle thinking about how each time the axis would crank out a class of super-battleship, we and the Brits simply allocated a bunch of resources to sink them asap. Big fleet actions to counter them, but in each case an abundance of torpedo planes got the job done.

Lesson learned after trying things the ship-to ship way, which cost England the HMS Hood sadly.
The old school movie Sink the Bismarck is in absolute legend status

Reactions: sigma six

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
For all of my fantasy hockey people out there, I'm in a 32 Team Dynasty League. I decided to go super young and just see how young kids I like around the league do. This is my roster going into the season:

F:
C. Atkinson
J. Berggren
S. Couturier
T. Foerster
J. Guadreau
R. Hintz
T. Jeannot
L. Reichel
M. Rossi
J. Slafkovsky
T. Stutzle
N. Robertson
T. Terry
A. Texier

D:
M. Heiskanen
D. Jiricek
O. Power
I. Provorov
B. Schneider
V. Soderstrom
J. Valimaki
C. York

G:
T. Demko
E. Merzlikens

Prospects:
C. Barlow
O. Bonk
S. Farrell
A. Gajan
S. Honzek
M. Lamoureux
A. Lombardi
J. Lutz
S. Mukhamadullin
D. Reinbacher
F. Nordberg
G. Sawchyn
D. Simashev
G. Trikozov
S. Wright

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

You people did not have a good run with battlecruisers

• Wow
Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I

I planted seeds in this bed in June. Cucumbers in the front row far left and snow peas 2nd from right, front row are producing. Back row is all tomatoes I think, haven't gotten any from them yet but they're growing well. That said, I have absolutely no idea what you should do. Sunlight and water. Fertizer. Human sacrifice. Whatever works.

tempImageUl3rCY.jpg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I

I planted seeds in this bed in June. Cucumbers in the front row far left and snow peas 2nd from right, front row are producing. Back row is all tomatoes I think, haven't gotten any from them yet but they're growing well. That said, I have absolutely no idea what you should do. Sunlight and water. Fertizer. Human sacrifice. Whatever works.

View attachment 740973

Screenshot_20230905-083846.png

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Let's play the Chuck Fletcher game..

I'm 2 and 3 degrees from Clarke in two completely different ways, and 2 degrees from Danny Boy, so I guess that makes me 3 from Fletcher? I'm sure someone here, i.e. a season-ticket holder or two, has that beaten.

Is that what you meant?

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I'm 2 and 3 degrees from Clarke in two completely different ways, and 2 degrees from Danny Boy, so I guess that makes me 3 from Fletcher? I'm sure someone here, i.e. a season-ticket holder or two, has that beaten.

Is that what you meant?
Yes, curious as to how people can connect to Cuck and not Kevin Bacon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad