Who did "Fame" best?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Had to go to my uncle's to figure out why his Internet wasn't working. Comcast lol. Unplugged shit and plugged it back in and it didn't work. Arbitrarily try to reset it through the Comcast website while figuring his account login and somehow it works now? Okay I'll take that. Hopefully it doesn't go out next weekend again.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
Burning Man is a constant discussion in our group chat. 50% of the DJs go every year, or at least try to.

The other half think it's absolutely ridiculous. There isn't enough money to get me to go to Burning Man

In its early years I would have gone for the experience/story to tell, etc. Nowadays no frickin way. Kitten's boss has been going every year since, I think, the beginning. I think now it's more a tradition and see old friends kind of thing for him.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Had to go to my uncle's to figure out why his Internet wasn't working. Comcast lol. Unplugged shit and plugged it back in and it didn't work. Arbitrarily try to reset it through the Comcast website while figuring his account login and somehow it works now? Okay I'll take that. Hopefully it doesn't go out next weekend again.

Cable is weird and stupid and uncivilized.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Had a friend join me outside tonight
PXL_20230903_003406304.jpg
PXL_20230903_005719877.jpg

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Day one back from vacation and I'm sitting at the emergency vet. Cat is wounded. Not life threatening, but he will need some stitches for sure. Been here for hours and watching some other owners getting bad news. This sucks and I want to go home.
I’m sorry bud. Hope the stitches go smoothly

I always thought fire pits on decks were a huge no no. Does that pit stop embers somehow?

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
How do you like that fire pit? I've been thinking about getting one but haven't pulled the trigger.
It's pretty awesome. The thing rips. The wife got it for me as a birthday present back in June, but last night was the first night we used it. It's definitely going to be getting a lot of use this fall, I can tell you that. I didn't have much fire wood at my disposal, so I was waiting until the piece in there was almost out then id throw another piece or two on and within seconds the fire was ripping again. Depending on where you would put it, there's one that's bigger than that one.

I always thought fire pits on decks were a huge no no. Does that pit stop embers somehow?
Yeah, there's a ring you put around the top of the container that helps control the embers then there are two additional baskets you put on top to help as well. I only noticed a few embers escape last night. Obviously it only takes one, but I didn't feel it was unsafe

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Solo stoves are pretty safe but I still would be spooked. When you have it running hot there aren't really embers. Burns everything into a very fine ash.

I've spent my day figuring out how to remount all the attachments for my backyard gate. It's a townhouse so all our fences are connected. My neighbor shored up his sagging fence and I think in the process it pulled my back length of fence just enough so that the lock doesn't line up anymore, and I've gotta replace the latch anyhow. But some previous owner split the post pretty badly when they did this (likely to adjust for the fence f***ing sagging from the neighbor's side to begin with, ugh). I don't want to replace the post and I don't want to play too much with the split, so my plan is to use some scrap oak to make a panel that I'll attach and mount everything to ( and which I hope will hold the post together), if I can first determine the angles will allow the lock to still work with the added 1/2 inch of wood. Also I'll have to hand resaw the oak from 1 inch thick to 1/2 inch because I can't think of a reliable way to do that with a circular saw without an unacceptable risk of adding the ER to my to-do list.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Solo stoves are pretty safe but I still would be spooked. When you have it running hot there aren't really embers. Burns everything into a very fine ash.

I've spent my day figuring out how to remount all the attachments for my backyard gate. It's a townhouse so all our fences are connected. My neighbor shored up his sagging fence and I think in the process it pulled my back length of fence just enough so that the lock doesn't line up anymore, and I've gotta replace the latch anyhow. But some previous owner split the post pretty badly when they did this (likely to adjust for the fence f***ing sagging from the neighbor's side to begin with, ugh). I don't want to replace the post and I don't want to play too much with the split, so my plan is to use some scrap oak to make a panel that I'll attach and mount everything to ( and which I hope will hold the post together), if I can first determine the angles will allow the lock to still work with the added 1/2 inch of wood. Also I'll have to hand resaw the oak from 1 inch thick to 1/2 inch because I can't think of a reliable way to do that with a circular saw without an unacceptable risk of adding the ER to my to-do list.
No table saw? If so set the blade to half it’s depth, run it once one way then turn over and run it the other way, using a push stick

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
@ajgoal My Dad’s laptop died. I just snagged him an old i7 ThinkPad T480 for ~$250 since it’s popular with the Linux crowd. He wants Windows, but those people like hardware that lasts. Will report back when I get it in.

Day one back from vacation and I'm sitting at the emergency vet. Cat is wounded. Not life threatening, but he will need some stitches for sure. Been here for hours and watching some other owners getting bad news. This sucks and I want to go home.

Everyone safely stitched up by now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1