OT: 111th Obsequious Banter Thread: If threads were floors, this would be the tallest building in America

What is your favorite summertime fruit?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
From my front porch last night. Today doesn't seem quite as bad visually but I can smell it now

And there is still a whole host of f***ing imbeciles who "deny" climate change. We have a neighbor who comes over and cuts the back part of our property three or so times every summer. They then bale the cut grass and take them away, because we don't need them for anything and they can use them for feed or sell them (and we get a huge area of our grass cut for free). They usually get 9 bales per cut. They just did it last week, and they got 2 bales.

Doomed.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Looks like the smoke effects have worked their way into Philly. Woke up this morning and as soon as I went into my backyard could smell and taste a bit of it and despite pretty crisp temps the haze is very pronounced.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Looks like the smoke effects have worked their way into Philly. Woke up this morning and as soon as I went into my backyard could smell and taste a bit of it and despite pretty crisp temps the haze is very pronounced.
It sucks...keep clearing my throat and doing the annoying cough thing. My lungs are sensitive. I probably need to move to the Swiss Alps if I hope to live into my 80's. Living in the city with polluted air and now climate change induced wild fire smoke is setting me up to go out like my dad.....ugh.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Well, an 8 mile run takes probably roughly between an hour and an hour an a half, so according to my math, based off Colin McCarthy's tweet, it's only like smoking half a cig, so you should be fine.
I think that’s in New York, with added pollution.

Totally understandable. My range seems to be anywhere between 3 and 24 km.
The other day I did 5k, intending to do more, so I would hope to do 7-8 miles, on a great day I can get to 11.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
And there is still a whole host of f***ing imbeciles who "deny" climate change. We have a neighbor who comes over and cuts the back part of our property three or so times every summer. They then bale the cut grass and take them away, because we don't need them for anything and they can use them for feed or sell them (and we get a huge area of our grass cut for free). They usually get 9 bales per cut. They just did it last week, and they got 2 bales.

Doomed.
My new house has a field like that. I talked to someone who wants to bale it up but I think he'll wait until fall.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
My new house has a field like that. I talked to someone who wants to bale it up but I think he'll wait until fall.

One of the problems with that is that the long grass gives a lot of room for ticks, which can hop animals and onto your awesome dogs.

I have an awesome raccoon who eats the leftover cat food every night now. Adorable as f***.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Deciding if I want to bother going to the Phillies game tomorrow night. I didn't notice it really during the day today but Sunday night I was having a bit of trouble with the fires in South Jersey burning.

Not sure it's worth sitting through that.

Yeah if I'm outside at all I spend ten minutes hacking a lung up after

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad