OT: 111th Obsequious Banter Thread: If threads were floors, this would be the tallest building in America

What is your favorite summertime fruit?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
My brother's friends' every day view:

Screen Shot 2023-06-07 at 2.45.14 PM.png

My brother's friends' view today:
Screen Shot 2023-06-07 at 2.45.03 PM.png

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
It's pretty bad outside right now...haze/fog/smoke clinging to the air...the air has that burning wood smell/"taste"...can't see the city skyline at all from my train station
Yea. It's gotten worse over the course of the day. Looking out the windows you can see the brownish tinge is even more prevalent than it was a few hours ago.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
I'm in Trenton and usually have a great view across the Delaware river from my office. This afternoon I can barely make out the other side in PA. Insane how quickly it moved in too. It wasn't that bad around noon, hazy but nothing too crazy, now it looks like the 4 horsemen should be arriving any minute.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
As that map indicated, it's definitely getting worse out the later in the day we get

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I have decided to go to the Phillies game tonight. When I’m inevitably complaining about how I feel on here don’t feel bad for me. Feel bad for Thatcher Venmo and HCette for having to deal with me.

Just to be clear, they’re staying home and I’m going with a buddy.

O/U on how long I last? 2.5 innings

Game might not even get played lol

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I have decided to go to the Phillies game tonight. When I’m inevitably complaining about how I feel on here don’t feel bad for me. Feel bad for Thatcher Venmo and HCette for having to deal with me.

Just to be clear, they’re staying home and I’m going with a buddy.

O/U on how long I last? 2.5 innings
If you can’t do the full 9 don’t bother. You’ll be fine. You’re sitting and drinking beer. The athletes will be feeling this tomorrow.

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Jeez how bad is it in the Philly area? It's hazy out here but you can't tell it's smoke, we just know it is from the news
It's gotten progressively worse as the day has gone on. When I was out around 7AM it was kinda hazy and you had the remnant of smell and little bit of taste on your mouth.

The past couple hours it's gotten darker out and it's a lot more noticeable. Like when I was a kid there was a bad housefire and coming back into the house like a week or two later and cleaning off stuff and getting that ashy/smoke smell.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
What's wild is the air quality here according to AccuWeather is similar to Philly's, but it's so....not the same. Maybe it's because I'm on a big ridge and I'm above the plume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad