OT: 110th Obsequious Banter Thread: Giving 110% and more

What is the maximum effort?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
For the people that have purchased a new car, did you buy into any of the additional coverage the dealer tried selling you; paint and fabric protection, complete protection, extra warranty?
I dont, but they aren't without value. Just a numbers game. Just know that their cost for those items are significantly lower than what they initially offer you. They often start way high so you end up thinking you got a great deal, but you can buy this stuff from third parties after the fact too. (generally cheaper before your factory warranty expires) . Also depends what youre buying. You're spending the money now on a possible repair 5-10 years down the line.

Personally I enjoy adding a bit of risk to the deal, but I also dont mind doing some of the work myself.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

How does some 20 year old National Guard member have access to top level US military intelligence?

My bad apparently '21'

The discord it was initially released by him onto was called "Thug Shaker Central" and a collection of gun crazy white supremacists.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I dont, but they aren't without value. Just a numbers game. Just know that their cost for those items are significantly lower than what they initially offer you. They often start way high so you end up thinking you got a great deal, but you can buy this stuff from third parties after the fact too. (generally cheaper before your factory warranty expires) . Also depends what youre buying. You're spending the money now on a possible repair 5-10 years down the line.

Personally I enjoy adding a bit of risk to the deal, but I also dont mind doing some of the work myself.
The dealer I bought my car from was offering the top protection plan for 10 years/100k miles for $3,672. My cousin-in-law owns quite a few local dealerships, so I reached out to him and he can get me a very similar plan for $1,000 less, so I'll go through him, if I decide to get it

Reactions: BernieParent

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

How does some 20 year old National Guard member have access to top level US military intelligence?

My bad apparently '21'

The discord it was initially released by him onto was called "Thug Shaker Central" and a collection of gun crazy white supremacists.

Note to self: don't share national secrets online for "the lulz"

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia

My bad apparently '21'

Reminds me of an article I read where the military brass has said that they are worried about these types increasingly infilitrating or comprising a larger share of the military ranks. That and fat people... Basically, an internal insurgency. Not surprising....chickens coming home to roost after decades of exporting hate and bigotry overseas with certain military "adventures."

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I shared some secrets with @Magua and then he stopped playing with me :(

tumblr_okym0cbWUD1u84e71o1_500.gifv

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia

They are lucky they are both young because serious medical conditions could dogpile on them later on. Many Americans that fall into debt actually fall into major debt this way and not because they are profilgate spenders or complete financial illiterates like them. Once again, this country needs to educate the society in financial literacy and basic civics.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
They are lucky they are both young because serious medical conditions could dogpile on them later on. Many Americans that fall into debt actually fall into major debt this way and not because they are profilgate spenders or complete financial illiterates like them. Once again, this country needs to educate the society in financial literacy and basic civics.
We have not seen the crippling medical debt yet (typically) in the youngest age groups. Housing prices have inflated like 150% Since 1970 and the income to price ratio is large too. If you are spending 40% of earnings ect on rent/mortgage, I think it's easy to see how people get into these sort of financial traps. The class divide is only growing.

Not to say THESE people didn't waste it all on trips/booze/food, ect

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
We have not seen the crippling medical debt yet (typically) in the youngest age groups. Housing prices have inflated like 150% Since 1970 and the income to price ratio is large too. If you are spending 40% of earnings ect on rent/mortgage, I think it's easy to see how people get into these sort of financial traps. The class divide is only growing.

It doesn't sound like they have kids either....tack on about 300k per child on avg until they are out on their own which is also extending longer. American cost of living doesn't help either because we promote a toll booth economy of "economic rents." We get blown away by many other developed nations in this regard...

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
IRS, I paid my taxes and accepted a very measly return. Don’t come after me, bro

“Acting within your means” is to accept that you shouldn’t seek an advanced degree, buy a home, make babies, or get severely sick/injured.

Why move to a major American city, especially one in the NE, and complain about street noise when the weather's nice?
Bikes, ATVs, Cars with loud engines, stereos and speakers. Ambient noise of the city. I love it.
These transplants slay me.
Because f*** cars. I love cities, but they’re waaaay louder than they should be. That ambient noise might be damaging your hearing

• Haha
Reactions: DancingPanther

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

If it's food and booze it isn't wasted, unless the food is broccoli, tomatoes, chicken salad, eggs, pancakes, and pears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln