• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
If it's food and booze it isn't wasted, unless the food is broccoli, tomatoes, chicken salad, eggs, pancakes, and pears.

Allow me to add mushrooms, peppers, all spicy things, lima beans, avocado, yogurt, sweet potatoes, sparkling water, and pumpkin spice things.

For the record, I love all the above things you mentioned.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Anyone here a regular road cyclist?

Looking for a new bike and it is just zero fun because of my dimensions...

79cm inseam at 180cm tall... so yeh...
my torso really calls for a 56 but my legs? I can maybe get away with a 54 (usually ride a 53-54) but it is a small squeeze and no fun to get on and off anywhere but on flat aha without potentially bruised testicles... but a 52 generally leaves me cramped even with saddle back, bars forward.

Without a custom frame, anyone have similar dimensions and know bike companies that run longer top-tubes vs stem with a slightly lower bar-height to get a good position? I have heard Willier kind of do, some Giant as well... but opinions online in forums all over the place really. Asked a lot of friends who work in cycling and as my measurements are to the extreme (basically a 6'2 torso with 5'7 legs or so aha!) they are mostly stumped. I am quite "ankley" though... so my saddle height I can get away with about 71 at least, which helps slightly.

And asking HFboards about all kinds of topics usually works to some degree. Ofc I could just go to a high end shop and try 50 different bikes aha... but CBA with that.

Reactions: wankstifier

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
The low six figures aint going to do shit for you nowadays. If you want to retire by 50, you need to probably make at least 300k a year
Which, I would guess is like between top 10 - 5% of household incomes. I read like 25% is considered "upper middle class", and I was seeing numbers like 150k for that threshold.

I really think that's pretty inaccurate....or I'm actually just poor.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Anyone here a regular road cyclist?

Looking for a new bike and it is just zero fun because of my dimensions...

79cm inseam at 180cm tall... so yeh...
my torso really calls for a 56 but my legs? I can maybe get away with a 54 (usually ride a 53-54) but it is a small squeeze and no fun to get on and off anywhere but on flat aha without potentially bruised testicles... but a 52 generally leaves me cramped even with saddle back, bars forward.

Without a custom frame, anyone have similar dimensions and know bike companies that run longer top-tubes vs stem with a slightly lower bar-height to get a good position? I have heard Willier kind of do, some Giant as well... but opinions online in forums all over the place really. Asked a lot of friends who work in cycling and as my measurements are to the extreme (basically a 6'2 torso with 5'7 legs or so aha!) they are mostly stumped. I am quite "ankley" though... so my saddle height I can get away with about 71 at least, which helps slightly.

And asking HFboards about all kinds of topics usually works to some degree. Ofc I could just go to a high end shop and try 50 different bikes aha... but CBA with that.

Well, I'm kind of the other body type- longish legs for my hight. I have a Wilier Cento1 Air and it fits me beautifully. I don't remember the dimensions offhand. You can always "stretch" the top with a longer stem and increasing the setback of the saddle (some seat posts have the saddle mounting bracket set back more than others). I also have an older (2002) Look carbon frame and that has a somewhat longer top tube. It was a little too stretched out for me so I got a shorter stem, which worked.

But a good bike shop can use a fit kit to give you recommendations for frame geometry.

Reactions: Appleyard

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Which, I would guess is like between top 10 - 5% of household incomes. I read like 25% is considered "upper middle class", and I was seeing numbers like 150k for that threshold.

I really think that's pretty inaccurate....or I'm actually just poor.
I'd say that those numbers are probably pretty inaccurate, or haven't been updated in quite a few years

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Well, I'm kind of the other body type- longish legs for my hight. I have a Wilier Cento1 Air and it fits me beautifully. I don't remember the dimensions offhand. You can always "stretch" the top with a longer stem and increasing the setback of the saddle (some seat posts have the saddle mounting bracket set back more than others). I also have an older (2002) Look carbon frame and that has a somewhat longer top tube. It was a little too stretched out for me so I got a shorter stem, which worked.

But a good bike shop can use a fit kit to give you recommendations for frame geometry.

Yeh, even setting back saddle and having as long a stem as possible and having handlebars forward on a 52 is still cramped though... which is really what I should ride I guess for my legs. As hard to make up that much of a difference without drastically altering weight balance.

to make things worse my span is 183cm.

Just wish there was a 52 with a ~56 top bar aha. Without paying thousands for a custom frame.

Will have a look at some of the Look frames then.

I used to work for Cycling UK and most people there were even at a loss sans custom frame. Just such an abnormal gap. Great for swimming but not so good for Cycling aha.

If I was actually racing or doing regular long rides where never had to stop at weekend and could afford ~3 bikes or something... I would not worry at all about my standover height and probably ride a 54 or even 56 on longer rides and have my saddle at probably 71-72 as I have ran that and does not feel cramped even though could have a bit more length, but yeh... a 54 can be a slight nuisance when have to stop start and a 56, well, if have to stop have to basically jump off lmao.

I ride shorter crank arms and that helps a bit...

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
So I hear Kitten scream like a banshee from our living room. Turns out Nefi went snake hunting again, but this time she brought it in the house. I thought he went under the fridge which would have sucked, but h poked his head out and I was able to snag him. These cats and their snake obsession :laugh:

Resized_20230414_170049.jpeg

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Yeh, even setting back saddle and having as long a stem as possible and having handlebars forward on a 52 is still cramped though... which is really what I should ride I guess for my legs. As hard to make up that much of a difference without drastically altering weight balance.

to make things worse my span is 183cm.

Just wish there was a 52 with a ~56 top bar aha. Without paying thousands for a custom frame.

Will have a look at some of the Look frames then.

I used to work for Cycling UK and most people there were even at a loss sans custom frame. Just such an abnormal gap. Great for swimming but not so good for Cycling aha.

If I was actually racing or doing regular long rides where never had to stop at weekend and could afford ~3 bikes or something... I would not worry at all about my standover height and probably ride a 54 or even 56 on longer rides and have my saddle at probably 71-72 as I have ran that and does not feel cramped even though could have a bit more length, but yeh... a 54 can be a slight nuisance when have to stop start and a 56, well, if have to stop have to basically jump off lmao.

I ride shorter crank arms and that helps a bit...
Well, you could always go for a Wahoo Kickr smart bike. I have one and it's awesome. Of course you can't ride it outdoors... :(

Reactions: Appleyard

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Reactions: achdumeingute
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad