GDT: 10/9/17 - 7:30PM EDT - Washington vs Tampa Bay

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
3rd period onwards was great, depth players doing what they needed to do and star players showing up, chances we start next game with the same type of effort while not down 2 goals?

Next to none but at least we get to enjoy this for a couple of days.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
It feels good when Caps lose points, well done, Tampa - a great comeback win! :)

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Really good game. The better team won tonight. Point's goal for sure.

Ryan Callahan played a hell of a game.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
That was a gut-check win. The Lightning truly backed up what Stamkos said in the pre-game. It wasn't perfect but it was a well earned win. Still a lot of work to do but tonight was a step in the right direction.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
3rd period onwards was great, depth players doing what they needed to do and star players showing up, chances we start next game with the same type of effort while not down 2 goals?

Stamkos is getting more and more lethal each game. Last season he didn't break out till ~game 5.

Kucherov & Point - wtf? Kuch I expected but jeez kid, way to step up.

This team is going to be insanely deadly over the coming weeks.

If you're the other team who the f#!@ do you pick to guard?

Stammer? Kucherov? Point? Johnson? Gourde? Palat? The list just never stops...

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Well that surprised a lot of us I'm sure. What a game by Kucherov. Stamkos on the other hand looks worried to shoot and looks horrible doing so. Needs to fix that ASAP. Point looks better every game.

That Kunitz, Paquette and Callahan line was incredible. I'd gladly enjoy watching those hits every night.

Now if only they can do this for 60 minutes...starting next game...

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I think we have to keep rolling with 11F and 7D. All the lines started clicking in that third period. The fourth line has to stay together and you can rotate someone good with Johnson and Killorn.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah, of all the good things tonight, maybe the most promising is how effective our 4th line was. Callahan was outstanding.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It's almost incredible because this was a tale of two games. Sloppy to start, down 2 goals, try to battle back and a silly penalty takes us down 3-1. Then suddenly we took control and never let go. For a moment it felt like the old days with Point playing the role of Tyler Johnson

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I think we have to keep rolling with 11F and 7D. All the lines started clicking in that third period. The fourth line has to stay together and you can rotate someone good with Johnson and Killorn.
I just don't see the point of Koekkoek frankly.

Edit: And I see Coop/Bowness agree. 3 minutes ToI.

Sear91

Jun 26, 2007
Tampa
Fantastic game! After the first we really turned it on. I think that 3rd period power play was the best one I've seen from the Lightning in years. Shooting gallery for the entire PP+. Wow.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Klutcherov is back !!!!!!!!!! Vasy kept them in it to make the comeback possible. Point is playing great. I thought Palat and Stralman had good games.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Oh and Callahan was fantastic. I think it's official that he's back and as good as ever now. I'm amazed how he hasn't appeared to have lost a step yet after all he's been through

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I just don't see the point of Koekkoek frankly.

Edit: And I see Coop/Bowness agree. 3 minutes ToI.

I don't even care who the 7th dman is or put Dumont in to take some important faceoffs. Callahan on the fourth line and a rotating winger for Killorn-Johnson is what I want to see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad