GDT: 10/9/17 - 7:30PM EDT - Washington vs Tampa Bay

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Killorn will get his 15-20 goals, 35-45 points.

I'm really itching to see Point with Stamkos. And then putting Kucherov on a second line would make us really, really hard to defend. At least on paper.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Killorn will get his 15-20 goals, 35-45 points.

I'm really itching to see Point with Stamkos. And then putting Kucherov on a second line would make us really, really hard to defend. At least on paper.
Eh - I think Kucherov ruined that from happening with his interview over the summer. He wants to play with skill, and I think that top line is stuck together for now.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Eh - I think Kucherov ruined that from happening with his interview over the summer. He wants to play with skill, and I think that top line is stuck together for now.

I don't think he'd mind being with TKO again, against second pairings.

Even the year where TKO dominated, we didn't have Stamkos playing with a real playmaker. You have to think Point would create opportunities for Stamkos, whereas, with Kucherov, you just with both he and Stamkos would be a lot more selfish at ES.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Skill or just wanting to play with his bestie? I think it might've been you who alluded to it but Namestnikov is so much better at wing that it's not even funny. Your center cannot have tunnel vision. Either way if Vladdy stays engaged and productive like he has been then Killorn can stick on the bottom 6 and live there as a depth player instead of a primary player.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013

It would be a sad state of affairs if he could dictate the lines like that. Palat and Johnson are not chopped liver here. Stars all over the league would kill for those two. Kane gets Anisimov and Hartman, Tarasenko got Lehtera for a years, and now gets Stastny and Sobotka. Crosby is playing with Bryan f***ing Rust tonight. All over the league it looks this, and Kucherov wants to complain with getting Johnson and Palat? If I'm Cooper, I see all this breakaway-passing appease-the-captain bullshit and say "Sorry, but you two need to play on different lines at even strength." If he's such a team guy he shouldn't have an issue, and I don't think he would after reading some of the more recent interviews.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I mean - I know I'm not going to go out of my way to alienate my star player a year before he's due for a contract extension. And it's not like we're starved for scoring. Point has 7 points on what is technically the 3rd line with Palat. Why the rush to break that up, especially when it exposes Namestnikov from the one line where he doesn't look completely out of place?

We've had plenty of issues this short season so far, but we're hitting a lot of twine. Why is everyone rushing to the f***ing line blender?

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
At the same time, I really doubt Kucherov is talking about Johnson and Palat when he says he didn't play with enough skill last year.

As far as the blender goes, I just think we'd have more ES success by separating our two biggest shooters, especially since we have Point kicking around. He deserves to play with an elite shooter. It would make a lot of sense to see if him and Stamkos could work together. Maybe not immediately, but there will come a time when we need to shake things up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad