GDT: 10/9/17 - 7:30PM EDT - Washington vs Tampa Bay

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Say what?

Lack of effort, lack of forecheck, lack of discipline. It goes on and on.

Look I've been pointing the finger at the players and not Cooper for 2 years now over these things. I've practically written books about player issues in his defense. It's time for them to put up or shut up before I advocate that we find a coach who WILL fix these issue.

I don't care if I was right all along. I care that we are wasting the prime of Hedman, Stamkos, Kucherov, Johnson, Palat, Vasy, Killorn, Sergachev and I'm not gonna sit by and say "Oh it's okay guys" while this continues for a third year in a row while we are rested, healthy, drama free and with a locker room with all the leaders present.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Haha...worried yet ends with "luckily there's still 79 games to see if things change."

We'd be lucky if it takes 79 games, considering last time took over 200. But you were one of those guys who thought Stamkos was "fine" during 2015-2017 though.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
We'd be lucky if it takes 79 games, considering last time took over 200. But you were one of those guys who thought Stamkos was "fine" during 2015-2017 though.
You're the expert here - I'm just an average fan. What do I know.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
If they can get a win tomorrow against Pittsburgh and look good doing it going to start believing it will be a good season.

Looking good doing it is quite a subjective term. Not many teams beat the Penguins convincingly. It's gonna be a grind no matter what. I am feeling more confident knowing that Point is playing so well

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
If they can get a win tomorrow against Pittsburgh and look good doing it going to start believing it will be a good season.
Getting points is important, but I still remember Boucher's last season where we started 6-1 and then finished near the bottom of the league.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Looking good doing it is quite a subjective term. Not many teams beat the Penguins convincingly. It's gonna be a grind no matter what. I am feeling more confident knowing that Point is playing so well

Tampa took them to 7 games a couple of years ago by beating the crap out of their players. So whatever works , right? Lol

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Pens play the Caps tonight right? Rivalry game there. That should work to our advantage.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Getting points is important, but I still remember Boucher's last season where we started 6-1 and then finished near the bottom of the league.

Yeah it's too early. Maybe 10 or 15 games in get a better idea where Tampa stands.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Pens play the Caps tonight right? Rivalry game there. That should work to our advantage.

Absolutely it should. We should be licking our chops at the idea of facing a team on a back-to-back on the road like this. You're can't get more advantages against Pens than we are tomorrow night. Fingers crossed that they get worn out.

You hate to call the 4th game of the year a "must win" but this Lightning team has a very long way to go before getting back to the team that went to the SCF and quite frankly there's no reason for us to lose tomorrow.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

God how we looked unstoppable. Even one of the talking heads at TSN had to get on twitter saying "Woah look out for the Lightning" when we were laying yet another 5 goal smackdown on someone. I think it was either the Florida or Winnipeg game.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Absolutely it should. We should be licking our chops at the idea of facing a team on a back-to-back on the road like this. You're can't get more advantages against Pens than we are tomorrow night. Fingers crossed that they get worn out.

You hate to call the 4th game of the year a "must win" but this Lightning team has a very long way to go before getting back to the team that went to the SCF and quite frankly there's no reason for us to lose tomorrow.

I think of it more like a "must look good" than a "must win." Give me a shot advantage and a possession advantage and I'll be happy.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
God how we looked unstoppable. Even one of the talking heads at TSN had to get on twitter saying "Woah look out for the Lightning" when we were laying yet another 5 goal smackdown on someone. I think it was either the Florida or Winnipeg game.

We were such opportunistic scorers back then. Teddy was still useful, Vinny was awesome in those first 7 games, and then he broke his foot. Which was about the time all hell broke loose.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I think of it more like a "must look good" than a "must win." Give me a shot advantage and a possession advantage and I'll be happy.

I'm not so worried about possession and shot advantage as I am about the quality of those chances. If we win 3-1 in a back and forth game but happen to be outshot 33-24 because the Pens spent all night launching low percentage perimeter chances that had no shot of going in along with a PP advantage then I'm not really going to care. I just don't want to see us win 3-1 despite the fact we would get hemmed into our zone for 5 minutes at a time and outshot 2:1 and Vasilevskiy's saves are taking up 3 of the top 10 evening highlights.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
We were such opportunistic scorers back then. Teddy was still useful, Vinny was awesome in those first 7 games, and then he broke his foot. Which was about the time all hell broke loose.

Teddy was so good during that stretch. It's a little over-simplified to say that there's always that one guy where you can say "So he goes, so goes the team" but Purcell was one of the truest cases I've seen in a long time. Same for Palat.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Teddy was so good during that stretch. It's a little over-simplified to say that there's always that one guy where you can say "So he goes, so goes the team" but Purcell was one of the truest cases I've seen in a long time. Same for Palat.

Wasn't like that in Teddy's final years. We were pretty good in spite of him.

Definitely true for Palat right now. Once again, he's on our hottest ES line (at least from the eye test).

I think, in general, we've had a lot of solid individual performances so far, while the team as a unit has been a very mixed bag.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Wasn't like that in Teddy's final years. We were pretty good in spite of him.

Definitely true for Palat right now. Once again, he's on our hottest ES line (at least from the eye test).

I think, in general, we've had a lot of solid individual performances so far, while the team as a unit has been a very mixed bag.

I can't remember how many games we won where he was awful. At least half the time. But on nights when he was on we seemed like we were on the verge of unstoppable. It's just too bad it didn't happen too often. And I'd agree with the eye test. Palat looks like his old self again and I've been thoroughly impressed with hi and Point. As for the mixed bag I'm hoping last night means that Killorn is gonna get on his monthly hot streak. He scores once and then they come in bunches. But once it stops. Oh man... let's just say I wish my bed and couch had a spin option so I could turn away

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad