OT: 10,000 Pt XLI - Formerly Duke Phillips' House of Chicken & Waffles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Painful Quandary

Mar 22, 2015
California
I probably missed the boat on this, but Gordon Biersch's Chum (the Sharks-themed beer) is quite good. Tried it when I was back in San Jose for Thanksgiving.

... and then I found it for $5.99/6 pk at a place in Vegas. :highclap:

That's a great price, way less than what I paid for it at Bev Mo.

Instant Rayman

Feb 10, 2007
Edmonton
So what's the rule on shipping wine from San Jose to Canada? Specifically Alberta? Is it even allowed? After doing brief research online I think it's posibble with like Fed Ex or something, but then others are telling me it's illegal. Has anyone ever had experience with this? I kind of want to get something shipped here before Christmas but it's been tough!

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Also check Canadian customs. I know that as US citizen I can bring in 1-2 bottles back to US without duty.

Usually similar restrictions shipping stuff back.

If you're shipping a case, there might be duty due. Might be easier to ship from winery.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Been working now for a few weeks as a server admin/engineer for a hospital now and goddamn I had no idea how many people try to break into the network on a daily basis. Finally got my ID badge too though so now I no longer have to page security everytime I need to get into the building since I work grave.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Obligatory reminder that HF policy forbids untagged spoiler talk. Public revealing of spoilers for anything (like, pertinently, the new Star Wars) can result in significant discipline including an immediate 30-day ban.

I don't want to do that to anyone, so I'm begging everyone to be extra super careful about what they post if they insist on talking about Star Wars or anything else that might trigger people with severe spoiler aversions.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
That's a great price, way less than what I paid for it at Bev Mo.

Turns out that I got beers on sale from 2016. The 2017 batch is much fresher and more aromatic.

Got meself a new laptop the other day. GTX 1060 3gb, i7-7700hq, rgb backlit keyboard...this thing rips my mind in half.

Sick. I wonder when I can justify getting a new laptop to myself. My current one is only 2 years old or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad