OT: 10,000 Pt XLI - Formerly Duke Phillips' House of Chicken & Waffles

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
Thanks guys. They're trying to place us elsewhere within the company but the more I think about it the more I feel like it's time to get out of California. It's too expensive to live here and I don't want to rent for the rest of my life.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Thanks guys. They're trying to place us elsewhere within the company but the more I think about it the more I feel like it's time to get out of California. It's too expensive to live here and I don't want to rent for the rest of my life.
Come to Vegas? You get NHL hockey. :)

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Why can't we have a good NHL video game? I know that EA has the exclusive rights to the games, so they really don't have to improve it since they're the only ones that can make a game...

Every other game (Madden, NBA 2K and MLB the Show) is so much better than the EA NHL franchise. I have all four, and I enjoy the NHL game the least by far.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Why can't we have a good NHL video game? I know that EA has the exclusive rights to the games, so they really don't have to improve it since they're the only ones that can make a game...

Every other game (Madden, NBA 2K and MLB the Show) is so much better than the EA NHL franchise. I have all four, and I enjoy the NHL game the least by far.
I tried but wasn't able to get into the EA NHL game. I would kill for a NHL game with oldschool controls, I'm not into the inaccessible simulation stuff.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Because EA cares more about gouging their customers with microtransactions and DLC than actually producing quality games.

The other sports games do it too, though. Madden (yes, I know that's an EA game too) has the Ultimate Team as well. MLB The Show has coins that you could purchase. And NBA 2K has VC that you can buy. Microtranscations are ruining video games, but the companies are laughing their way to the bank.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
The other sports games do it too, though. Madden (yes, I know that's an EA game too) has the Ultimate Team as well. MLB The Show has coins that you could purchase. And NBA 2K has VC that you can buy. Microtranscations are ruining video games, but the companies are laughing their way to the bank.

Yeah, NBA 2K18 in particular has received a ton of backlash over their out of control in game purchase system. Some people have gone as far as comparing it to gambling. Personally I don't have much of a problem with microtransactions as long as they're used in moderation and the cost of the base game is lowered in return. Paying $60 for what turns out to be less than half a game isn't a healthy business model.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
I tried but wasn't able to get into the EA NHL game. I would kill for a NHL game with oldschool controls, I'm not into the inaccessible simulation stuff.
Please no. EASHL and the skill-stick are the only good things they've done. And those were back in 09. :laugh:
I guess taking out the grinding and dumb boosts last year were good too.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Mad Ron's Prevues from Hell

Watch. Netflix. Now.

Holy ****, I'm screaming. :biglaugh:

It's so bad in a good way, The 40 trailers they play is freaking GOLD.bat least wait for the first trailer.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad