1/26/05 NHL & NHLPA labor talk Game Day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerrly

May 16, 2004
Regina
Just heard on sportscentre update, the meeting has ended. The NHL released a comment, stating this and that they will meet again sometime this week, no further details, Lou Lamorello was there as a request by the NHLPA.

B-MEL

Mar 25, 2002
La Habra, CA
Visit site
The Fan590 in Toronto, says that they are still meeting and it's believed to be at the Sutton Hotel in Toronto, there are about 100 media members milling about.

Twine Seeking Missle

Go monkey go!!!
Dec 30, 2004
Suck-town
Crows said:
Meeting OVER> TSN REPORTS>

NHL has released this statement.

"we will meet again this week"

No further news.

IM SICK OF THIS ALREADY! " we will meet again this week"?? We are all waiting for some news after the meetings and thats what they give us? At least say if any progress was made so we can have something to hold on to other than whatever Eklund is saying.

Crows*

Travelin Man said:
The Fan590 in Toronto, says that they are still meeting and it's believed to be at the Sutton Hotel in Toronto, there are about 100 media members milling about.

UHHHH..... TSN < the score, sportsnet everyone .. the meeting is over. If you havn't heard.

Crows*

My guess is that they will be meeting on friday or saturday. If they met tommrow they would say tommrow. UNless they are meeting tommrow and are just deceiving us again. :shakehead

davidwii

Jan 20, 2005
Crows said:
My guess is that they will be meeting on friday or saturday. If they met tommrow they would say tommrow. UNless they are meeting tommrow and are just deceiving us again. :shakehead

Exactly...thats what they did last week. We will meet again and it ended up being tomorrow. Well, why don't they just say that. If they can't even be honest about what day their meeting on, then we cannot trust anything until we see a CBA, signed in blood and DNA tested and approved.

I understand though alot of this might be for purposes of privacy, but you've got two countries with people on the edge of their seats waiting for some sort of conclusion. Its not like people are just gonna say...ohhhh, sometime this week...guess we'll wait around to see when they tell us!!!!!

Idiots!!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes the remind me of used car salesmen. Their always lieing....and expect everyone they talk too to just believe them...

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
I'm not surprised this isn't wrapped up yet, but I sincerely hope the stupid rhetoric and grandstanding is done with. Just roll up the sleeves and get this done.

If it is, then I would consider that a good sign.

Crows*

jtuzzi21 said:
Holy **** Glen Healy is a ****ing moron. :banghead:

Again I agree. Healy is a joke. It's so obvious he's helping the NHLPA porpoganda machine... it's a joke.

SergeiKost99

Mar 12, 2004
canada
Crows said:
UHHHH..... TSN < the score, sportsnet everyone .. the meeting is over. If you havn't heard.

i hope u meant to have it TSN > then all the other ones because they r. I would trust TSN over sportsnet or the score any day

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
I wonder if this is what happens at their metings:
Linden: I'm hungry lets order some food
Owner: Yeah I agree. By the way how are the fish biting up north
4 hours later...
Owner: ...and then I told my wife I'm going to a buisness meeting when actually I'm going to the super bowl. Can you believe that!!!
Linden: Oops it looks like time's up. Let's meet again this week. How does that sound?
Everyone agrees.
And so another meeting ends with the only decision made to meet again and have a good time.

Reilly311

OilerFan4Life said:
I know TSN had changed there main headline to talks ended, but why does it say "still talking"???

I think the title "talks ended" sounds misleading. It could sound to some as it "they aren't talking anymore, the NHL is screwed". "still talking" says "well, they're still talking, but people have to go home and sleep".

:)

EHCler

May 9, 2003
Visit site
Meet later this weeks means in my opinion yes we have a deal in principle but we just need to get the deal agreed by their members and officials. Without agreement of Gary Bettman and Bob Goodenow you can not sign the deal off.

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
EHCler said:
Meet later this weeks means in my opinion yes we have a deal in principle but we just need to get the deal agreed by their members and officials. Without agreement of Gary Bettman and Bob Goodenow you can not sign the deal off.
you got it.....................................................hope so :handclap:

Lionel Hutz

Apr 13, 2004
Locking the Lounge??
EHCler said:

In my opinion your jumping the gun, alot.

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
EHCler said:
The owners can sign a deal without Bettmans approval provided they have 75% ownership on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad