1/26/05 NHL & NHLPA labor talk Game Day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

X0ssbar

Who knows what to believe anymore:

"While another meeting is planned, hockey fans shouldn't get their hopes up. A source close to the talks said he was not very optimistic after Wednesday's meeting.

The issue, of course, continues to be the league's insistence on a salary cap and the union's determination to avoid one."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=112635&hubName=nhl

"No progress! That's as blunt as one source inside the negotiation was in describing to Sportsnet Wednesday's meeting between the NHL and NHLPA.

The key issues remain the same with the NHL's unrelenting stance on a hard salary cap league-wide the main obstacle. The source says many ideas have been thrown around, however, this latest round of discussions in Toronto didn't offer anything that might bridge the philosophical gap between the two sides."

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp?content=20050126_122859_2272

At some point you have to figure the posturing is over, especially given the 11th hour these talks are in. With that said these comments aren't very encouraging.

I'm still going to remain optimistic until I see the "season cancelled" headline.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
I think this is the first time that no one, of both parts, has said something negative, like "we're not closer than we were before" or things like that.

My optimistic side thinks that a deal will be signed tomorrow. But I'm probably dreaming.

Go Flames Go*

Way to many sources and all this crap. Last week they said progress this week no progress. What the hell do they do for the 5 hours? This makes me even more confident in my stance that there will not be hockey for 2 years.

MarkZackKarl

Jun 29, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
People: Stop being so gullible!!! There are ALWAYS going to be conflicting reports after every meeting. Some pro-season, some negative. It will continue to be like this until they reach a deal. In the mean time, think for yourself and try and deduct what YOU believe makes the most sense of the events to come. If you think that having a lockout for a thousand years (Go Flames Go for example) is a certainty and that's the only way the league can live or hockey will die forever, then believe that, but don't base your opinions on the ebbs and flows of the media, it doesn't look good on you if you can only formulate an opinion based on what the media is telling you...

Phil333

Dec 26, 2003
New York City
markov` said:
I think this is the first time that no one, of both parts, has said something negative, like "we're not closer than we were before" or things like that.

My optimistic side thinks that a deal will be signed tomorrow. But I'm probably dreaming.

I want to dream with you.

Crows*

Go Flames Go said:
Way to many sources and all this crap. Last week they said progress this week no progress. What the hell do they do for the 5 hours? This makes me even more confident in my stance that there will not be hockey for 2 years.

You just contradicted yourself though.

"what the hell do they do for 5 hours... this makes me even more confident in my stance that there will not be hockey for 2 years"

EXACTLY.. WHY THE HELL WOULD THEY BE MEETING FOR 5 hours.. playing cards?? I don't think so.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
Go Flames Go said:

I can't wait until hockey starts up again, and you shut your mouth about these two years that there won't be hockey.

Go Flames Go*

What news has come out that makes you people so optomistic there will be NHL hockey?

Go Flames Go*

^^^ I think this person needs to get some warning points or be banned for trolling 1.

Crows*

Go Flames Go said:
^^^ I think this person needs to get some warning points or be banned for trolling 1.

OilerFan4Life is simply stating fact.

1.Carolina
2.Washington
3.Buffalo
4.Minnesota (third round)
5.anaheim
6.CALGARY

Go Flames Go*

No you are purposely starting a problem son. I don't want to make any further coments on a AHL team like the Edmonton Oilers.

Go Flames Go*

LOL @ All these nerdz thinking Uncle Sutter and the Flames will miss the playoffs. Maybe you need to look at your own team, which we have owend for the past 2 years. We will be back in the playoffs I gaurntee it.

Go Flames Go*

^ Yes it was, stating facts that are not true about the Flames.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Go Flames Go said:
LOL @ All these nerdz thinking Uncle Sutter and the Flames will miss the playoffs. Maybe you need to look at your own team, which we have owend for the past 2 years. We will be back in the playoffs I gaurntee it.

Calling people nerdz is ludicrous. Stop this rattling. HF is a respected board, if you wanna talk trash lets go to calgarypuck.com

Go Flames Go*

OKay lets just stop it here, there is no need for this Calgary vs Edmonton **** here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad