1/26/05 NHL & NHLPA labor talk Game Day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crows*

Fan just said that the "owners will accept the players last proposal with the 24 percent rollback" then" come back with a hard cap of 50 million and 40 million tax, plus a "franchise player" exempt from the cap.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
This just in:

The Coyotes and Ducks have ordered equipment, and the Coyotes told their players to be ready for training camp by next week!

...Sorry...had to inject some levity into the situation :joker:

zamboni

Apr 25, 2003
Visit site
Fan just said that the "owners will accept the players last proposal with the 24 percent rollback" then" come back with a hard cap of 50 million and 40 million tax, plus a "franchise player" exempt from the cap.

50 mill NOT including the "franchise player"? Doesn't that seem a bit high?

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
One of the major yellow pages paper in Finland just put on their website that the lock out continues. Quite frankly I think the "news" is bs but nevertheless it's there. It's in finnish though.

Source

Most important things according to this:
- Bettman and Goodenow weren't there
- The talks have resumed in an informal manner
- No new proposals have been made
- Daly has been quoted: We're in a critical situation because time is running out.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Padawan said:
One of the major yellow pages paper in Finland just put on their website that the lock out continues. Quite frankly I think the "news" is bs but nevertheless it's there. It's in finnish though.

Source

- Daly has been quoted: We're in a critical situation because time is running out.

It seems a little hard to swallow because nothing has been released here in North America, even by the major sports news services. I suppose it's more of the same for now...hurry up and wait.

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
nomorekids said:
It seems a little hard to swallow because nothing has been released here in North America, even by the major sports news services. I suppose it's more of the same for now...hurry up and wait.
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. The source itself isn't even 100% credible and and this was just in a "sports telegram"-section.

Leafer4Life

Go Leafs Go!
Oct 4, 2002
Owen Sound,Ontario
www.facebook.com
nomorekids said:

I agree. If this were true, sportsnet, tsn, the score, etc, would be reporting it, and they aren't.......... :shakehead

kerrly

May 16, 2004
Regina
zamboni said:
50 mill NOT including the "franchise player"? Doesn't that seem a bit high?

I agree. I can see 40 million plus a franchise player that does not count toward the cap, but 50 million is too high.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
kerrly said:
I agree. I can see 40 million plus a franchise player that does not count toward the cap, but 50 million is too high.

I beleive 40-50 million would be subject to a $1 luxury tax. ( Possibly $2 ) Pay 60 mill, for 50, can't see many owners doing that.

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Well, according to Ecklund's latest, they have reached a deal in principle and will announce it. There is no set time to the announcement though. The deal in principle will allow teams to get back together and work out the minor issues during training camp.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Padawan said:

Source

This sounds like it should have been posted last week...

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
LPHabsFan said:
Well, according to Ecklund's latest, they have reached a deal in principle and will announce it. There is no set time to the announcement though. The deal in principle will allow teams to get back together and work out the minor issues during training camp.

Really?!

Eklund is saying that?!

Well then, what are we waiting for?! Let's crack out the finest bottle of champale we can find and get to celebratin' !!

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
LPHabsFan said:

We should all wait until a credible source comfirms his speculation.

IdiotsPickedMyName*

i have 6 hours of university class tomorrow but if theres a deal announced tonight im going out and getting hammered

Anyone else got plans if the lockout gets ended ;)

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
pjbth said:
i have 6 hours of university class tomorrow but if theres a deal announced tonight im going out and getting hammered

careful..that's how i felt last week. don't get ahead of yourself as far as your hopes go. we still don't have anything to celebrate.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
pjbth said:

I like your plan, sans the 'going out' part.

I'll just crack open the Crown Royal and drink it with a straw. After that, I'll play it by ear. :cheers:

B-MEL

Mar 25, 2002
La Habra, CA
Visit site
Go Flames Go said:
They are trying to get the players to accept the cap in any form and they have resisted so far. Its looks terrible on the part of the NHL and NHLPA that they are not even meeting, so they just do this to share war stories.

I actually heard they are playing NHL 2005 on PlayStation 2.

Who ever wins makes the new CBA!!

IdiotsPickedMyName*

nomorekids said:
careful..that's how i felt last week. don't get ahead of yourself as far as your hopes go. we still don't have anything to celebrate.

oh trust me i still feel like im watching my best friend get open heart surgery. I'm just saying i need to get some booze :help:

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
Travelin Man said:
I actually heard they are playing NHL 2005 on PlayStation 2.

Who ever wins makes the new CBA!!

That's about as good of an idea as I've seen here :D

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
EJ Hradek on ESPNews says that Lou Lamorillo is in the meeting today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad