1/26/05 NHL & NHLPA labor talk Game Day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdiotsPickedMyName*

waffledave said:
Kypreos sure knows how to be discouraging...

i will second that but than again does Kypreos even know his @$$ from a hole in the ground with all those beatings he recieved in the NHL

(I just noticed that this site has a chat thats amazing)

Crows*

And the thing about crapurose being so negative. It's no surprise.

Glenn healey does the same thing.

They are ex players and they continue to be loyal to their old assosiation. I take no stock in what they have to say.

Crows*

On a different note:

I just recieved my 8th "RENEWAL NOTICE" FROM THE HOCKEY NEWS.

They've sent me 8 issues for free :lol: :lol: :lol: Until they stop sending me issues I aint gonna subscribe.

legardien91

Mar 9, 2004
Deerfield Beach, FL
go kim johnsson said:
EJ Hradek on ESPNews says that Lou Lamorillo is in the meeting today.
Notes from Hradek's spiel...

- Lou Lamoriello is in meeting today
- Talks still going on
- "Corporate pressure" to get things done
- Hybrid cap: luxury tax above some threshold, with some "high-water" mark
- Colin Campbell-led group talking minor rule changes simlutaneously

Basically he was saying there's a lot of small things going on currently which may lead one to believe there is a lot of optimism about getting something done for a shortened season this year, then a "relaunch" of the league down the line....

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I actually heard they are playing NHL 2005 on PlayStation 2.

Who ever wins makes the new CBA!!

Then it will surely be the owners cause you don't have to know hockey to be good at NHL 2005. Now if it was NHL 2K5, then I'd say it would be all players! :D

Crows*

leaflover said:

Well the league has been planning for a reluanch of the league for a while.

They have a new logo ready to go. And the New CBA along with new rules, shootout etc will be in place, along with many other rules. They have a massive marketting campaign in the works to blitz with.

Crows*

CBC caught bill daly walking into a Toronto hotel. CBC Had video asking about the meetings. No meat to it just regular stuff he was saying.

The score is also reporting that the NHLPA booked several Airport conference rooms. ODD.. smokescreen>?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Crows said:
Well the league has been planning for a reluanch of the league for a while.

They have a new logo ready to go. And the New CBA along with new rules, shootout etc will be in place, along with many other rules. They have a massive marketting campaign in the works to blitz with.

Thumbs down on a new logo...

SergeiKost99

Mar 12, 2004
canada
so whats going on here now...im *trying* to study for exams but i gottta follow this since it seems to get interesting...and btw who is this ecklund guy??if the lockout ends tonight i stop studying and watch Raptors vs Heat! :lol:

SharkGirl27

Jan 23, 2005
San Jose, CA
so are the meetings over for today? I just got home from work and haven't been able to get too many updates, can someone give a general synopsis of the days events up until this point?

Thanks

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
HabsFanFromPEI said:
so whats going on here now...im *trying* to study for exams but i gottta follow this since it seems to get interesting...and btw who is this ecklund guy??if the lockout ends tonight i stop studying and watch Raptors vs Heat! :lol:

The Raptors are going to get smoked. Shaq is gonna be out for blood since he had nothing against the Sixers.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
HABSoluteDMB11 said:
so are the meetings over for today? I just got home from work and haven't been able to get too many updates, can someone give a general synopsis of the days events up until this point?

Thanks
There hasn't been an indication by any news source that the talks have ended.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
"The two sides will likely announce signing a "Deal in Principle." This way the players and teams can set themselves in motion while some of the other lesser points are worked out. There is no saying this announcement will come today, but it will be a Deal in Principle. Not a Deal."
-Eklund
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ill beleive when I see it.

IdiotsPickedMyName*

HABSoluteDMB11 said:

Thanks

Basically were at the same point as we have been since the last meetings. Lots of rumours and talk with nothing specific from either side. They are supposedly still meeting at a hotel in toronto and are working out a deal involving a hybrid cap with a luxury tax starting around 35mil and a hard cap at 45-50 mil. Did i miss anything?

SergeiKost99

Mar 12, 2004
canada
nah raptors will win , bosh will put shaq in early foul trouble plus raptors r home, u know what the means. bring out the umbrellas chuck! book it!

but lets not turn this into a raptors vs heat thread ....sooooo the lockout is lasting very long there must be positive things coming

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
HABSoluteDMB11 said:

Thanks

As of right now talk are still going. Every assumes that though, no one is able to find where exactly the meeting is at.

Crows*

Meeting OVER> TSN REPORTS>

NHL has released this statement.

"we will meet again this week"

No further news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->