Rumor: “Canucks working the Phones, Trying to make a trade” — Dhaliwal

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
We have an excess of D at the moment and will need to trade one of them soon for a winger or prospect, Harris, Xhekaj, Norlinder, Barron are all close to ready to play, couple that with Matheson, Savard, Guhle, Kovacevic on the big Club, wideman under contract for one more year we're full with Hutson and Reinbacher on the way.

It sounds like your looking for a quality pairing with Hughes which is more a stay at home, could see Kovacevic being a good fit.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
I thought that's what Hronek was for.

b56b4998-188a-4fa2-9a8e-09564e627e5e_text.gif

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
There’s this guy by the name of Chris Tanev who Hughes has played with and had very strong chemistry with.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005

Last time he said this was a week ago roughly, days later Canucks traded for Casey De’Smith.

Canucks looking badly for somebody on the right side to play with Quinn Hughes who has been dynamite in the preseason, basically alone lol
Here comes the big Ben Chiarot for Conor Garland trade!!! Lol. Don’t know how much he’ll help the right side, but he can play both!!

In all seriousness though… Detroit has to be trying to trade either Chiarot or Maatta over the next few days, as Edvinsson has earned his spot. My guess is, it’s Maatta they’ll move..

That’s a player nobody should be surprised if he ends up in Vancouver.

Maatta did help Hronek a ton last year. They’d have to move someone else to the right side but we’ve seen it 1000 times over the years. Cole can play the right side without a hiccup.

Would Maatta for Garland surprise anyone?? It shouldn’t. It makes the Canucks blue line better than it is today, and that’s what matters the most. He’s the perfect partner for Hronek. If people look back at their numbers before the pair was broken up last December, they were a top 10 pair in the league.

I’d try to get Maatta for something other than Garland, but not sure what that would be. Could it be Maatta for Myers and Podkolzin? Something like that? Then Detroit would just send Myers down. I’d keep an eye on Maatta to the Canucks in some form.

BluesyShoes

Unregistered User
Dec 11, 2010
I personally think it is for a 2nd line winger for Miller. I wouldn't be surprised if they do Myers, Hoglander, and a 2nd for Jason Zucker and a depth dman. I'm not a trade guy so my value is probably off, but I really think that is what it is about.

• Haha
Reactions: EP to Kuzmenko

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
You don’t need a true top pairing defenceman to play as a 1RD, you should know that by having Nurse as a top pairing guy :laugh:. A guy like Luke Schenn was perfect for that roll, they just need to be defensively sound and capable of playing big minutes. Tyler Myers and Juulsen on the right side set the bar pretty low for a “top RD”
Are you not the guy that claims Nurse is a #4?

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
“They’ve got work to do with this roster”

LOLOLOLOL
Canucks are that kid that tells their mom they have a massive school project due the day of and haven’t even started

I’m already anticipating more draft capital heading out the door because this organization is really really stupid in constructing a team and going about trades in doing that.

Last edited:

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
I know the Sens just got rid of him but Lassi Thompson has been incredible for the Ducks.

Ducks just aint got the room for ole Lassi but I think he'd do real well for your Canucks.
Ole Lassi lol

“They’ve got work to do with this roster”

LOLOLOLOL
Canucks are that kid that tells their mom they have a massive school project due the day of and haven’t even started

I’m already anticipating more draft capital heading out the door because this organization is really really stupid in constructing a team.
More draft capital because the Canucks don’t have prospects worth anything to get what they want. No one is going to take Hoglander and give Vancouver a top 4 RHD.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
I don’t understand. How are they going to add a top 4 D, shed around $2M, and not trade one of their top paid players? It would seem to require trading with one of the 8 teams that have over $2M in cap (SJS, CBJ, ANA, BUF, DET, NSH, AZ, CHI) while giving up a 1st/top prospect and a player like Boeser for a cheap young expendable top 4 D. Options are limited if not nonexistent at this point.

Reactions: Stickpucker

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Oloffson + Jokiharju + UPL

For

Hoglander + Desmith
They juuust signed Desmith so its super unlikely that he gets moved.
Hoggy for Joki is something the Canucks SHOULD 100% consider if this ever poppped up in RL. Hoggy looks like he's a few goals worth of confidence away from breaking out but Joki would sure help the RD. Canucks would have to add

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I think the Canucks are going to try to move Podkolzin; if he plays another half of a season he will need waivers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad