Rumor: “Canucks working the Phones, Trying to make a trade” — Dhaliwal

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
One of the 1970 expansion brothers will have to sacrifice their team to allow the other to rise. It’s the only way one of us can finally win the cup. I’m so happy our honorable Canuck fans have volunteered finally.

Jokiharju and UPL for Demko and EP. Shake on it 🤝🏻

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I know the Sens just got rid of him but Lassi Thompson has been incredible for the Ducks.

Ducks just aint got the room for ole Lassi but I think he'd do real well for your Canucks.

The Ducks also can't trade Lassi at the moment. So...

Id give you David Savard

Tbh, if it came with a side of dumping Tyler Myers the other way, i'd think about doing it. But that extra year is just...ugh. Would have to figure out a better way to offset that.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Vancouver has nothing to horse trade with to get a top or even a middle pair RHD.

Podkolzin? Hoglander? barely any value. Even together they dont buy you anything close to that.
Canucks have more than enough assets for a middle/top pairing RD, it’s the clearing cap part that’ll be the issue

• Haha
Reactions: Pierce Hawthorne

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
I know the Sens just got rid of him but Lassi Thompson has been incredible for the Ducks.

Ducks just aint got the room for ole Lassi but I think he'd do real well for your Canucks.
Went to the current Lassi thread to see how “incredible” he looks with the Ducks…

Looks absolutely lost out there, two brutal turnovers tonight

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Canucks have more than enough assets for a middle/top pairing RD, it’s the clearing cap part that’ll be the issue
Well none of their players would return a top pairing RD except Pettersson or Hughes.

I guess they could trade away some more first round picks. That would seem prudent.

• Haha
Reactions: viceroy and dwarf

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Well none of their players would return a top pairing RD except Pettersson or Hughes.

I guess they could trade away some more first round picks. That would seem prudent.
You don’t need a true top pairing defenceman to play as a 1RD, you should know that by having Nurse as a top pairing guy :laugh:. A guy like Luke Schenn was perfect for that roll, they just need to be defensively sound and capable of playing big minutes. Tyler Myers and Juulsen on the right side set the bar pretty low for a “top RD”

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Is this because the two ambiguously sided Dmen we signed, turns out we aren't playing EITHER on the right? Yeah, I'm a little angsty about it.
First world problems when you think of it.

Please, someone...

Give us your tired, your poor
Your huddled RHD yearning to breathe free
The wretched refuse of your teeming team
Send these the RHD tempest-tost to me
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!
LOL BRILLANT!!!!

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
You don’t need a true top pairing defenceman to play as a 1RD, you should know that by having Nurse as a top pairing guy :laugh:. A guy like Luke Schenn was perfect for that roll, they just need to be defensively sound and capable of playing big minutes. Tyler Myers and Juulsen on the right side set the bar pretty low for a “top RD”
I'd hope that we'd knock on SJ's door and see if they could pick up Rutta for cheap. One of our pricey wings OR Myers + Rathbone (PP QB candidate) + another middling pick or prospect as sweetener.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad