Rumor: “Canucks working the Phones, Trying to make a trade” — Dhaliwal

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Don’t think Canucks would be interested in Fabbro. They can just sign Bear in December.

This whole, "they can just sign Bear" thing is so exaggerated. They might do that...but they cannot afford to punt the first 3 months+ of the season on no defensive solution.

I don't know why the Canucks wouldn't be interested in Fabbro. If they can grab him for a reasonable price while shuffling cap the other way to make it work...he'd be a solid fit for what they really need.

A steady, experienced RHD who plays a smart reliable game and has logged plenty of minutes in that sort of scenario. Add in that he's a local guy, and more importantly...very cheap at $2.5M on the cap, and with RFA status making him more than just a pure rental...He'd absolutely be of interest.

Whether the price in trade makes sense or not, is another question. But there'd definitely be interest there.

Reactions: Peter Griffin

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
This whole, "they can just sign Bear" thing is so exaggerated. They might do that...but they cannot afford to punt the first 3 months+ of the season on no defensive solution.

I don't know why the Canucks wouldn't be interested in Fabbro. If they can grab him for a reasonable price while shuffling cap the other way to make it work...he'd be a solid fit for what they really need.

A steady, experienced RHD who plays a smart reliable game and has logged plenty of minutes in that sort of scenario. Add in that he's a local guy, and more importantly...very cheap at $2.5M on the cap, and with RFA status making him more than just a pure rental...He'd absolutely be of interest.

Whether the price in trade makes sense or not, is another question. But there'd definitely be interest there.
What would Nashville want for Fabbro? assume they want nothing to do with Garland, myers or Boeser.. what would appeal to them?

Does Beauvillier + Podkolzin hold appeal? Beauvillier is in the last year of his deal before hitting UFA.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Jokiharu, come on down. Your the next contestant on the Canucks price is right.

Reactions: elchud

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Don't actually know what a fair price for Fabbro would look like. Don't think we would be going for a pick as in that scenario we would just be better off keeping him.

Podkolzin's an interesting one. What's the deal with him? He could be of interest, as I don't think we have anyone in our pipeline quite like him.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
The Ducks also can't trade Lassi at the moment. So...

Tbh, if it came with a side of dumping Tyler Myers the other way, i'd think about doing it. But that extra year is just...ugh. Would have to figure out a better way to offset that.
but they claimed him, doesnt that mean he is available for them to trade? I figured the rule was if they waive Lassi within a month of claiming Ottawa can claim and demote

Reactions: ChopSuey

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Fabbro, carrier, or barrie would make some sense from nashville. Could take tyler myers back for cap purposes since he is owed very little in real money then some sort of picks/prospect package as payment for the player

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
What would Nashville want for Fabbro? assume they want nothing to do with Garland, myers or Boeser.. what would appeal to them?

Does Beauvillier + Podkolzin hold appeal? Beauvillier is in the last year of his deal before hitting UFA.
I dont think we are really in the market for a middle of the road winger since we are trying to get our young players in there. I guess it depends on what we think we could get for Beauvillier. We only have 1 retention spot left which complicates things if they plan of trading barrie down the road at some point this season.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
My guess is they’re inquiring about one of the guys that could end up on waivers, Dylan Coghlan or Brayden Pachal or potentially looking into a trade for a move established player that could become expendable like Dante Fabbro or Andrew Peeke. I doubt they’re in a position to make a move more significant than that.

Fabbro and Peeke are the two names that came to mind first for me too. At $2.5m and $2.75m aav either caphit shouldn't be too prohibitive.

Would have to be at least an even in/out cap trade so, not much. Something involving Beauvillier/Garland is probably what they could offer.

Fabbro only has one year term and Nashville has plenty of capspace, so theoretically they could retain 50% on Fabbro to bring his caphit down to $1.25m which should be easily manageable for Vancouver.

The question with that though is whether Nashville want to use a retention slot on him, and also if they actually want to help a team that has in recent seasons been battling head-to-head with them for a wildcard spot. Vancouver would really need to make it worth while for Nashville to give up a prized RHD along with retaining.

Canucks should rebuild

A savvy GM should be able to build a competitive team out of a roster that already has a young 1C, 1D, and 1G without needing to tear it all down in a rebuild.

Reactions: majormajor and Play

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I don't see us willing to burn the last retention spot on a guy like Fabbro, my guess is they are saving it for the trade deadline.

I don't think Trotz would care about trading him to Vancouver, the bigger question is the return, and if we are going to need to eat cap that ask is going to be higher.

Reactions: Richard88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad