Pre-Game Talk: Zzzzz - We only play 2 games this week

What are your feelings about only playing 2 games this week?

• Total voters

Reasonable Oil Fan

Oct 7, 2022
In the Real World
I'm torn about this.
On one hand, it seems like things have clicked recently and I want to keep the ball rolling.
On the other, at this time of year, it is a good opportunity to rest some bumps and bruises, get a bit of R&R and a couple of good focused practices in.
I'm gonna be positive because I feel more confident about things and say they keep the ball rolling so a lighter schedule right now is a good thing.

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
Caught the end of the Blue Jackets - Flames game.

The Blue Jackets defense is Eakins swarm level terrible. If the Flames had anybody who could finish that would have been a 6-3 or 7-3 game.

Tomorrow is a real test. This is a team the Oiler can and should dominate. Time to show that killer instinct.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Booking something in Mexico as we speak. Xcaret, supposed to be pretty stellar. Damn pricy though, f***
Just got back from Bahia Principe, got a great deal that was $800 or so less than the comparables. Flew direct with ACV and had no flight or baggage issues. Enjoy your break!

Reactions: nally

Biltmore

Next Year...
Oct 22, 2015
FnFv_tzaUAMM64d
Boob squeezing one out?

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Hopefully we come out against the BJs the same way we did the Sharks and Ducks at the start of this streak.... workman like performance where we just run them over

I fully expect they'll get a PP or two and Laine will blast one home. I say final score 7-3 Oil

Dr Awesome

Yak in the city
Sep 24, 2008
British Columbia
The NHL:

"We cannot afford the disruption to our schedules to allow our players to go a play in an international best-on-best tournament for 14 days that all hockey fans worldwide have been craving the last 10 years".

Also the NHL:

"We're going to schedule only 2 games in total over a 16 day period for a team to allow a big enough gap in the schedule to encourage our best players to participate in a meaningless all-star game that no one cares about."
Fair. But it’s also opportunity for anyone with negging injuries to heal up. That’s idea I like to tell myself anyways

Reactions: Gordy Elbows

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Freezing rain in North East Saskatchewan made ~50% of my body violently touch snow. Mused about whether growing up playing hockey teaches you to instinctively fall on ice without breaking something.
That’s all we get here now. One day is +10, next day it freezes and everything is a mess and very dangerous driving. I’d rather snow. I hate winter

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Booking something in Mexico as we speak. Xcaret, supposed to be pretty stellar. Damn pricy though, f***
I leave for mexico tomorrow morning, hitting up some of the xcaret parks this weekend, looks like alot of fun.

Dieseloil

Jul 31, 2016
Been there a few times, in Vallarta right now. Huatulco is The Spot, or rather a ways up the coast from there.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
I hate it. Have a week trip to Big White starting on Sat and the only game is Saturday... Completely f***s my apres ski traditions.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Tage and Kucherov and Letang (probably missing others) all got 4 points last night I think or around that. McDavid is due. lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad