Pre-Game Talk: Zzzzz - We only play 2 games this week

What are your feelings about only playing 2 games this week?

• Total voters

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Way to go NHL schedule makers. Pack a bunch of games in early, then a week with only 2 games. Nice and balanced. :sarcasm:

Hopefully we can keep the momentum going against Columbus.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
1673220300567866.png

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I’d have to drive to Flagstaff to do either. Ain’t gonna happen. It’s a week to get to know your wife…amirite?

Slightly bigger than a hammer handle.

But still nice. Reminds of when guys like Manson, Buchberger, deBrusk and others bought snomachines and it was a regular outing for them to bang ditches north of Edmonton.

I said bang ditches you dirty minds.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
No time for snow over there. Only tears. Delicious tears.

I’m there right now visiting the in-laws and it was rain yesterday and gloom today. So, fitting in that sense

No, we didn’t go to last night’s game, but we’re going to their next one. Should be ‘interesting’. If they have a slow start under Tocchet the tears will be torrential (if they aren’t already)

Back to the Oilers. I don’t mind them having a lighter schedule and their break coming up, could be a good thing if they come back refreshed and motivated to continue on the warpath.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I’m there right now visiting the in-laws and it was rain yesterday and gloom today. So, fitting in that sense

No, we didn’t go to last night’s game, but we’re going to their next one. Should be ‘interesting’. If they have a slow start under Tocchet the tears will be torrential (if they aren’t already)

Back to the Oilers. I don’t mind them having a lighter schedule and their break coming up, could be a good thing if they come back refreshed and motivated to continue on the warpath.
The Oilers and long breaks don’t go well together, lol.

Reactions: nally and Faelko

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
The Oilers and long breaks don’t go well together, lol.

We’ll see, it doesn’t have to be the case this time. And even if so, I’d rather it’s around a long winning streak than an alternative, lol. They have the mandated week off or whatever sometime so the is as good a time as any other

29Beast97Mode

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
Edmonton oilers Trump Chatgpt version-

The Edmonton Oilers are a fantastic hockey team, let me tell you. They have some of the best players in the league, and they're going to win bigly. The Oilers are gonna be so great, you won't even believe it. The best team, believe me. We're going to make hockey great again, and the Oilers will lead the way.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
I’d have to drive to Flagstaff to do either. Ain’t gonna happen. It’s a week to get to know your wife…amirite?

Slightly bigger than a hammer handle.

But still nice. Reminds of when guys like Manson, Buchberger, deBrusk and others bought snomachines and it was a regular outing for them to bang ditches north of Edmonton.

I said bang ditches you dirty minds.

Dig through the ditches n burn through the witches on my.....DRAGULA!!!!

"Stopping at Taco Bell right before the game was a bad idea, Jack"

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
No snow here at all for most of the winter until yesterday. Now it looks like winter is about to start in earnest. Bad timing for a break from hockey.

Reactions: nally

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Edmonton oilers Trump Chatgpt version-

The Edmonton Oilers are a fantastic hockey team, let me tell you. They have some of the best players in the league, and they're going to win bigly. The Oilers are gonna be so great, you won't even believe it. The best team, believe me. We're going to make hockey great again, and the Oilers will lead the way.

Fabulous breakouts. The most fantastic breakouts that you will ever see.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
The NHL:

"We cannot afford the disruption to our schedules to allow our players to go a play in an international best-on-best tournament for 14 days that all hockey fans worldwide have been craving the last 10 years".

Also the NHL:

"We're going to schedule only 2 games in total over a 16 day period for a team to allow a big enough gap in the schedule to encourage our best players to participate in a meaningless all-star game that no one cares about."

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
The NHL:

"We cannot afford the disruption to our schedules to allow our players to go a play in an international best-on-best tournament for 14 days that all hockey fans worldwide have been craving the last 10 years".

Also the NHL:

"We're going to schedule only 2 games in total over a 16 day period for a team to allow a big enough gap in the schedule to encourage our best players to participate in a meaningless all-star game that no one cares about."
joke :mad:

Connor is 26 and hasn't played in a best-on-best for Canada. Meanwhile the window closes on OV. etc, etc, etc,

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad