Pre-Game Talk: Zzzzz - We only play 2 games this week

What are your feelings about only playing 2 games this week?

• Total voters

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
I do think regardless of goals and assists that Kane brings a bump to this team. Too many quiet players on this roster and when he's playing or on the bench he's engaged. It becomes contagious.
I don't think it's a surprise that the Oilers faltered to start the year after losing 3 of the more vocal and emotional veterans on the roster in Keith, Kassian, and Smith. That is not an easy skill to replace in a team.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I don't think it's a surprise that the Oilers faltered to start the year after losing 3 of the more vocal and emotional veterans on the roster in Keith, Kassian, and Smith. That is not an easy skill to replace in a team.
I also think that's why Malone was up here for as long as he was. He is a glue player that works and talks to a lot of guys. It's just unfortunate he doesn't have the skill to be in the NHL.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I'm glad the bye week ties in to the All-Star break this year. This team has problems getting back into it after time off, so I'm happy to only see it once instead of twice.

Reactions: nally and Oilhawks

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
That last game felt a little like a winning streak that's dying down. A lot of the time, the last games of a losing streak have undeserved losses, where the team is looking better. Also, a lot of the time the last games of a winning streak have some undeserved wins. It runs out of gas. To me it is perfect timing to get some soft opponents and then have time off.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
That last game felt a little like a winning streak that's dying down. A lot of the time, the last games of a losing streak have undeserved losses, where the team is looking better. Also, a lot of the time the last games of a winning streak have some undeserved wins. It runs out of gas. To me it is perfect timing to get some soft opponents and then have time off.

I had a bad feeling going into the Nuck game because usually we play them like shit and they were a motivated group. I think we won despite playing like shit to be honest, so I'm glad that one is behind us.

Hopefully the lessons (that better have been) learned in the Tampa and Nuck game (stop making dumb high risk plays when up multiple goals) carries into these next two and we go into the break on an 8 game heater.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
It the 'McDavid effect' right? Leafs' fans saying this—I don't think they understand what they're actually admitting to

Anyone claiming that Hyman is putting up these numbers solely because of McDavid are lost. Is there some juice there because of him? Of course, but there are plenty of nights where Hyman is driving the bus just as much or more than Connor or Leon are. Saturday night against the Nucks being a great example.

Sometimes when McDavid or Leon don't quite have it going as normal Hyman is the one grinding pucks out and giving them looks.

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
Delusional

Attachments

• 487F01F5-8EBB-4EB6-B23E-37E0BA31BBC3.png
    487F01F5-8EBB-4EB6-B23E-37E0BA31BBC3.png
    535.1 KB · Views: 8

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
The bad is I am just as big as Bob with out the neck

Are you? I last saw Bob IRL at a Golden Bears game just before the pandemic. He had to be close to 3 bills. 275 without question.

Not sure if he is bigger now, but no way he weighs less than he was three years ago.

Reactions: Biltmore

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Are you? I last saw Bob IRL at a Golden Bears game just before the pandemic. He had to be close to 3 bills. 275 without question.

Not sure if he is bigger now, but no way he weighs less than he was three years ago.
I am 280+ . Weight was always 180 until injuries screw me up big time . After 4 concussions started to take seizure and haven’t been good since

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
I am 280+ . Weight was always 180 until injuries screw me up big time . After 4 concussions started to take seizure and haven’t been good since

That isn't something any decent human being would like or should like.

Do what you can to change your situation. Talk to your physician if it is the seizure medication. See what you can do to get a little more active and get the eating under control. As much as we mock Bob for his weight he should take action too.

Hopefully things go better for you. Send me a message if you need any support.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
That isn't something any decent human being would like or should like.

Do what you can to change your situation. Talk to your physician if it is the seizure medication. See what you can do to get a little more active and get the eating under control. As much as we mock Bob for his weight he should take action too.

Hopefully things go better for you. Send me a message if you need any support.
Thank you. I appreciate that.

Reactions: oilers'72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad