Recalled/Assigned: Zucker and Larsson recalled

PariseSuterKoivu

Jul 9, 2012
Yeo won't wanna send either of these guys down once he's seen them in a few games. I think PMB, Seto and maybe Cal are being shopped a bit behind the scenes.

J Bert

Jan 31, 2013
Parise - Koivu - Heatley
Zucker - Granlund - Setoguchi
Cullen - Brodziak - Larsson
Rupp - Konopka - Mitchell

Also what I'd like to see. Perhaps what a number of us have wanted to see for a while, especially on that second line, just didn't have room. We'll have a wealth of youth, which won't be a big deal given our current play etc. Zucker's speed will be real refreshing. Love watching the kid skate.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Either way I'm excited to watch all of the young guys play. Feel a little bad that Coyle is back down. That must be hard for him. A little nervous because most of our young guns will be/or will have been put into play. We've been hearing about all of their potential. Hopefully they show some flashes.

I think Larssen and Zucker should play together. They played really well in the scrimmage. I think the line was larrsen zucker coyle. Obviously, Coyle isn't up but...

That being said this makes me really excited for next year...

It looks like Coyle/Granlund/Larrsen/Zucker/Brodin will all have a lot of NHL experience this year and be ready to make big leaps forward next year after figuring out how to adapt to the NHL game.

We should be a lot more offensively creative and have a lot of speed!

Billy Mays Here*

Parise - Koivu - Heatley
Zucker - Granlund - Seto
Larsson - Cullen - Clutter
Rupp - Brodziak - Mitchell

I think Konopka needs to sit for a game or two. Haven't like his play or decision making the last few games.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Parise - Koivu - Heatley
Zucker - Granlund - Seto
Larsson - Cullen - Clutter
Rupp - Brodziak - Mitchell

I think Konopka needs to sit for a game or two. Haven't like his play or decision making the last few games.

Considering even when Cal was injured, Konopka wasn't getting a shift...I could definitely see that scenario.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i don't understand that, either. how has Cullen not been scratched?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
haven't been paying attention, i guess. how's he compare to ZK this year?

Different roles...Cullen is a top 6 player who can distribute the puck. Kenopka is a 4th line energy guy who can drop the gloves.

That being said, I'm not the biggest fan of Cullen, either..I'm really hoping that Granlund will continue to improve and make Cullen irrelevant.

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
Having gone through what we did last year we have a pretty good idea of what the majority of Aeros can do, and none of them showed they could score consistently in this league. We've got the look and Coyle and realized he needed more time to develop his scoring touch. Makes sense to try the other 2 who we don't really know where they're at but have earned the opportunity with their play in Houston. Need to try different things and rotating the same players isn't finding anything consistent. Know effort/energy won't be a problem with either of them.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Different roles...Cullen is a top 6 player who can distribute the puck. Kenopka is a 4th line energy guy who can drop the gloves.

That being said, I'm not the biggest fan of Cullen, either..I'm really hoping that Granlund will continue to improve and make Cullen irrelevant.

you pointed out Cullen's position and faceoff ability as reasons to be kept on the roster. That's why I asked. ;) I know what roles they fill (or are supposed to) but I really wasn't paying attention to faceoff wins...Cullens faster, but he's on his ass so much it hardly helps.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
okay re: Coyle. a lot of people (it seemed) myself included had him pegged as a third liner who could step up when the trade went down. His trip to Jrs got people way too excited IMO. He can still be a big body in a top six role and not be too out of place but the scoring touch he had in Jrs is his ceiling as far as that goes. Time away from the NHL won't hurt him, but I don't think it'll help him find scoring at this level. Just my opinion, of course.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
I'm almost as interested in how Zucker will do up here as I am to see the reactions when he's not used according to how people think he should be used. I see a lot of potential to flesh out the "Fire Yeo" thread :D

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
okay re: Coyle. a lot of people (it seemed) myself included had him pegged as a third liner who could step up when the trade went down. His trip to Jrs got people way too excited IMO. He can still be a big body in a top six role and not be too out of place but the scoring touch he had in Jrs is his ceiling as far as that goes. Time away from the NHL won't hurt him, but I don't think it'll help him find scoring at this level. Just my opinion, of course.

Disagree. Coyle has top 6 potential for sure. I mean he may not be a big points guy, but he's the guy that protects the puck in the corners/bangs away in front of the net and opens up space and possession for your other skill guys on the line. I mean I don't think he's ever going to be a point per game player and maybe he never even scores 70. But, I think there's value to a 25-25 guy like him on your first or second line.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Disagree. Coyle has top 6 potential for sure. I mean he may not be a big points guy, but he's the guy that protects the puck in the corners/bangs away in front of the net and opens up space and possession for your other skill guys on the line. I mean I don't think he's ever going to be a point per game player and maybe he never even scores 70. But, I think there's value to a 25-25 guy like him on your first or second line.

I could be wrong. just going off memory. Yes, he has that potential, but he hasn't really shown it anywhere but when he was playing in Jrs where his age/size may have inordinately contributed to his ability to rack up points. (opposed to outright skill)
I'm not knocking him...i'm saying sure thing third liner, probably okay second liner, very doubtful first liner. Thats what i was expecting.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
I could be wrong. just going off memory. Yes, he has that potential, but he hasn't really shown it anywhere but when he was playing in Jrs where his age/size may have inordinately contributed to his ability to rack up points. (opposed to outright skill)
I'm not knocking him...i'm saying sure thing third liner, probably okay second liner, very doubtful first liner. Thats what i was expecting.
Well, then he is a bust :sarcasm:

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Brodz? lol NO wonder Minny can't score.

It's matching players that help other players succeed. Brodziak is a big body that can grind and open up space for Granlund and Setoguchi to flash their skill. But, I guess if you're not for matching players with players that help and improve their skillsets then more power too you...

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Brodz is having a very rough year, but he's looked like his old self the last couple games. He'll come around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad