Recalled/Assigned: Zucker and Larsson recalled

651*

I agree with this.

Maybe we can swing a trade in the next month or so that would open up a top 6 spot for him, because he did look pretty good, but for now he would develop better in Houston getting more minutes. We don't need Yeo experimenting with him centering the 4th line;)

I wouldn't mind us trying out Seto or Zucker on that top line. Yes, yes Heatley, 3rd on the team in points, I get it.

Heatley doesn't have great chemistry with either Parise or Koivu, and moves about as fast as a piling. With someone like Parise it would be cool to see a capable winger that can keep up with him. I don't mind Koivu bringing up the rear, but we can't have someone coming in behind Koivu....
Hopefully Zucker - who put up 20+ Gs in 38 and 40 games each season at DU - can be a consistent 20+ G a year guy who occasionally flirts with 30s, 40s or better from time to time. Maybe, while I know totally different than him, he can put up Lattendresse numbers in due time and make up for that gaping loss.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Offensively, sure...but I wonder how they would hold up in the defensive zone?

Granlunds actually pretty defensively responsible. My opinion is that wingers are sorta irrelevant in most systems.

Shelter them...give them a lot of starts outside the defensive zone. Best defense is a good offense...whatever theory you want to use.

Also I think all the worry about being a two way player and the line of thinking that says player X can't play with player Y because they are not defensively responsible is bull. Seto/sucker are decent defensively simply because of their speed.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
As much as well all want to see it happen we are NOT going to see an all rookie line. Ever this year. Come on guys..find me an all rookie line in the last 10 years in the NHL. You won't find one.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
I do however like the idea of putting Zucker with Granlund. Keep Seto with those two. Larsson probably gets scratched for Bouchard on that 3rd line and sent back down to Houston.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad