Proposal: Zuccarello to the Stars

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I would rather go for McD if we are trading with the Rangers. His presence in the back end would do wonders for this team for two playoff runs.

I would offer one of Honka/Nichushkin+2019 1st+Methot

We could discuss more and/or other stuff as well.

If it's for McD, Rangers would want Heiskanen.

Reactions: ZiGOODejad

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
Well it is a negotiation, right? Honka is a highly valued RHD prospect and Nuke should have a bright future once he returns next year. We have other players and picks as well, just no Heiskanen.
thing about it is if were trading Mac we're literally going to ask for the best prospect any team has to offer. If no one offers it up then will just keep him and resign him sure we don't want to pay him 8+ but we aren't going to let him go for anything less then a steal

SuperSaiyanSTARS

DangeROUSS#benneguin
Dec 21, 2010
tx
Guryanov? He doesn't have the potential to become an NHL regular in any meaningful role. who are you kidding

You probably said the same thing about Faksa 2 years after drafting him. Guryanov definitely has the potential to reach the NHL. But yes, he’s struggled this year.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I would rather go for McD if we are trading with the Rangers. His presence in the back end would do wonders for this team for two playoff runs.

Woof this awful is bad

The fact that you even made it a 2019 1st instead of 2018 is just icing on the hilarious cake

Alluckks

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Well it is a negotiation, right? Honka is a highly valued RHD prospect and Nuke should have a bright future once he returns next year. We have other players and picks as well, just no Heiskanen.
You seem to misunderstand negotiation here. You offer that for McDonagh then there is no negotiation. That is not a starting point. We just walk away from the McDonagh conversation and if you want to get serious about it you come back with a different offer another time.

Timani

You seem to misunderstand negotiation here. You offer that for McDonagh then there is no negotiation. That is not a starting point. We just walk away from the McDonagh conversation and if you want to get serious about it you come back with a different offer another time.

Sure, then what would you be looking for from the Stars?

The fact I put a 2019 1st is because the draft is in Dallas this year. Might not matter in the end but I could see them wanting to keep that piece in particular.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
We will move so many pending UFA`s + most of our D core - so I`ve a notion that Jeff keep Zucc for the 2018-19 season - it depends how he perform though, but it`s not an ideal situation for him without a top 6 scoring left winger and Kreider is injured who he had chemistry with in the past. Vesey scored last game though so we will see.

It`s also based on a speculation that Zucc more likely have chemistry with either Chytil or Lias as well.

Last edited:

Alluckks

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Sure, then what would you be looking for from the Stars?

The fact I put a 2019 1st is because the draft is in Dallas this year. Might not matter in the end but I could see them wanting to keep that piece in particular.
2019 1st is worth significantly less.

You asked for McDonagh, and then offered something that isn't even worth countering. If you want me to counter your offer from the other end of the spectrum then I say Heisk + 2018 1st + 2019 2nd (becomes 1st if Stars make Stanley Cup Finals in either year or resign McDonagh).

That is where I'm at in response to your offer to start the "negotiation."

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
2019 1st is worth significantly less.

You asked for McDonagh, and then offered something that isn't even worth countering. If you want me to counter your offer from the other end of the spectrum then I say Heisk + 2018 1st + 2019 2nd (becomes 1st if Stars make Stanley Cup Finals in either year or resign McDonagh).

That is where I'm at in response to your offer to start the "negotiation."

Isn't that as far in the other direction?

Can someone explain why McD has come up here as a trade piece? NYR should keep him.

Alluckks

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011

Can someone explain why McD has come up here as a trade piece? NYR should keep him.
It is, and that my point. The Stars poster brought up McDonagh and proposed that far away trade offer. One poster responded saying that it was laughable, and the Stars poster responded by saying "it is a negotiation, isn't it?" or something to that effect. I responded with an equally far away offer to make my point. If you set your anchor 10 miles away, then I will go equally as far away, especially when I can get competing offers.

My point was, why would we engage in a "negotiation" with such a heinous starting point when we could simply walk away and get better starting offers elsewhere. We don't have to negotiate, we could just say no, go about our business, and say come back to us when you have a better offer.

When I explained that, rather than taking the understanding, the same Stars poster asked for my counteroffer, so I wrote that up to make a point.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016

The Rangers are not a good hockey team. They are mediocre as currently situated. They are not in a position to buy.

They are not one player away from making a run, it is time to burn it down and rebuild which is kind of what we thought the direction they were going was last draft/off season.

McD holds a lot of value as a top tier defender who if traded will give his new team 2 playoff runs. He is 27 or 28 now and would be eligible for UFA status at 30. The Rangers need to move on to avoid another Staal/Girardi situation. The addition of McD on any contender instantly makes that team a serious threat and the Rangers should expect a really good package in return.

Any team not offering a 2018 1st to start talks is not serious about obtaining him and won't receive him unless another very good younger player comes back in return, think a Trouba caliber player, not necessarily Trouba as the expected return though.

Reactions: WeRa and Ori

Timani

It is, and that my point. The Stars poster brought up McDonagh and proposed that far away trade offer. One poster responded saying that it was laughable, and the Stars poster responded by saying "it is a negotiation, isn't it?" or something to that effect. I responded with an equally far away offer to make my point. If you set your anchor 10 miles away, then I will go equally as far away, especially when I can get competing offers.

My point was, why would we engage in a "negotiation" with such a heinous starting point when we could simply walk away and get better starting offers elsewhere. We don't have to negotiate, we could just say no, go about our business, and say come back to us when you have a better offer.

When I explained that, rather than taking the understanding, the same Stars poster asked for my counteroffer, so I wrote that up to make a point.

I believe you misunderstood me and my point. Apparently I started off with a weak offer so I joked about a negotiation and then asked what you would be looking for. I clearly said that I would happily discuss other players and picks and then stated what I would not want to offer, which is Heiskanen.

I also did not want to include the 2018 1st and explained why but that is not a deal-breaker to me. Only Heiskanen is a deal-breaker as far as prospects go. I understood your point so I asked what you would be looking for instead.

That’s it, so in all sincerity, I’d like to know if there is something you guys would take from the Stars that doesn’t include Heiskanen? Picks and/or prospects on the table.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Heiskanen or no deal.

I wouldn't trade him for McDonagh, if I was a Stars fan, but that should be our ask.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Guryanov? He doesn't have the potential to become an NHL regular in any meaningful role. who are you kidding

You apparently. I've known for you to have some far fetched opinions, but saying that a skilled, russian scorer is a bust two years after his draft is just laughable. He is struggling no doubt, but the book is faaar from closing on him. And his progress was totally F*d up by Lada during his draft/draft+1 seasons. Can't even seriously count those two as development years. Last season was the first one that he got any sort of real consistent playing time and good progress done. This season building up on that, but doing worse only point wise as he has been snakebitten, especially at the start of the season.

Reactions: Kcb12345

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
You apparently. I've known for you to have some far fetched opinions, but saying that a skilled, russian scorer is a bust two years after his draft is just laughable. He is struggling no doubt, but the book is faaar from closing on him. And his progress was totally F*d up by Lada during his draft/draft+1 seasons. Can't even seriously count those two as development years. Last season was the first one that he got any sort of real consistent playing time and good progress done. This season building up on that, but doing worse only point wise as he has been snakebitten, especially at the start of the season.
Skilled? Scorer? These aren't words that describe Denis Guryanov, watch him play
One would think to qualify as a scorer, you'd have to score, which he hasn't done at an acceptable level in any league since his draft year in the MHL. But then again maybe your definition of scorer is the exact opposite of what it means.
Snake bitten for 3yrs. Well now isn't that a convenient excuse. Of course the words you're looking for our bust. But keep living in fantasy world

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Skilled? Scorer? These aren't words that describe Denis Guryanov, watch him play
One would think to qualify as a scorer, you'd have to score, which he hasn't done at an acceptable level in any league since his draft year in the MHL. But then again maybe your definition of scorer is the exact opposite of what it means.
Snake bitten for 3yrs. Well now isn't that a convenient excuse. Of course the words you're looking for our bust. But keep living in fantasy world

Whatever helps you sleep at night.
I said he was snakebitten this season, not three, if you'd just read what I wrote.
And if you had watched his Lada seasons you'd know what s*** was going on there.

(edit) sorry didn't mean Guryanov was a _goal_ scorer. English isn't my first language.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I understand the Miro ask from Rangers fans, but agree Nill won't move his shiniest new piece for two years of a nice winger, when right now, his current team is playing very well.

Nill tends to get good value in trades. Remember when most of HF thought he should swap pick 3 for 6 and Methot? He got Methot for a 4th and a just drafted goalie (last round) And, I think he knew Miro was going to be his pick, according to post draft press conferences. And he also said he never considered swapping 3 for 6, the asset was too valuable.

Now, given how Hitch seems to feel about Honka, I would think he would be available, and he is a nice asset, if Nill thought he needed a Zuchs type player.

Just MHO. I don't mean to tee off Rangers fans, just don't see Nill overpaying, although there is the precedent of the Russell trade after being denied Haimus (who he later got as a UFA)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad