Proposal: Zuccarello to Boston

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
So we give up a 2nd to increase the Backes deal by another three seasons. Um pass.
I get the idea of not wanting to add another veteran with that kind of term, but the idea that Zuccarello is just Backes with more years on his deal is beyond silly. You guys need to watch a hockey game once in a while.

Reactions: AJ Thelen

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
He really hates losing games, and it looks like he'll have to deal with that for a long time. Who knows what he's thinking, if he wants to leave he should do it now. I believe he plans to buy a property there, once that's done he's there to stay.

I thought he already had one? Didn’t he buy a house in Edina this summer?

I get the idea of not wanting to add another veteran with that kind of term, but the idea that Zuccarello is just Backes with more years on his deal is beyond silly. You guys need to watch a hockey game once in a while

Savage. :naughty::popcorn:

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
So Boston need a 2RW and Minnesota is going to have a firesale, Well in that case:

To Boston: Mats Zuccarello - 5 years at 6 mill cap hit

To Minnesota: David Backes - 2 years at 6 mill cap hit + 2020 2nd round pick

unfortunately the backes cap money is going towards contracts like debrusk/coyle/krug… so you would have to say that in reality you are letting one of them go in order to afford zuccarello

if we had unlimited cap... i like your idea... but the backes money is already being accounted for

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad