Injury Report: Zuccarello out with upper body injury UPGRADED: Day to Day (Not Cleared for Contact)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
I don't think he is going to play either, but how are you stating that as a fact? Did AV/Sather say that there is no chance of him playing tonight?

I've been stating it as fact since day 2 of his injury lol. New to this thread? :sarcasm:
hehehe

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
The only thing we know for sure is that the the Rangers sees a possibility for him to return in the playoffs. Otherwise he would have just relaxed as much as he could, and maybe even been in Norway by now.

Nah, you don't think he'd want to be around the team, and that the team wouldn't want him to be around? He's the biggest part of their personality as a group.

Okay so theres absolutely no factual basis to your fact?

There's far more than you know Dactyl... But that's for another day...

In the interim, it's just great to see him on the ice doing well and with a big ass smile on his face. Now the group needs to dig down and do what it takes to get the win tonight and keep this thing going!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Zaggs

Apr 20, 2014
At best I thought we would see him in the SCFs. One morning skating with the team does not an active player make. Though would love for him to replace MSL on the power play.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
The only thing we know for sure is that the the Rangers sees a possibility for him to return in the playoffs. Otherwise he would have just relaxed as much as he could, and maybe even been in Norway by now.

He is going through the recovery process just like we all have known all along. Nobody including Zooks could ever say when he would be able to come back but every step in a positive direction is great news. I agree with you that if there was no hope that the team would have shut him down totally. Right now all we can do is win and hope to see Zooks sometime along the way.

Wolfy*

@PLeonardNYDN: Lundqvist says hopefully the Rangers keep winning so Zuccarello can join us. Long-term hope.

Zucc and the King this morning..

CF8YEqoW8AAtXb9.jpg:large

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
There haven't been many team practices lately and we won't know if Zucc has been skating on his own, but if Zucc in fact hasn't been in real hard training on the ice for at least a week one morning skate with the team isn't enough. But it's certainly a sign that he is getting closer. I think 6-8 weeks was a good starting back for him to recover in, given the time of the year it is, can he cut it to 5 weeks?

Marcus AKA Kluivert

Dec 19, 2014
There haven't been many team practices lately and we won't know if Zucc has been skating on his own, but if Zucc in fact hasn't been in real hard training on the ice for at least a week one morning skate with the team isn't enough. But it's certainly a sign that he is getting closer. I think 6-8 weeks was a good starting back for him to recover in, given the time of the year it is, can he cut it to 5 weeks?

With a concussion they would of course not deviate from protocol but perhaps they let him het the ice before his condition is up to par so instead of 6-8 weeks, 5 could be reasonable.

Marcus AKA Kluivert

Dec 19, 2014
With two days off between game 6 and a possible game 7 there could be a reasonable chance that Zucc is in the lineup for the decisive showdown.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

Nash was out 6 weeks so I can see the logic in your 6-8 week estimate but every situation is individual. I'm sure Zooks wants to help his mates since it is the playoffs. It must take a lot of discipline for Zooks and the coaches not to rush the process this time of year. He is still out there with the reserves plus Brassard so its nearing an hour skate.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
If and this is a big if Zooks does come back this season I would put him on the RW sideboards on the PP not in front of the net. Thats probably where he has always played best but he has rarely been utilized there this season on the PP.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Nash was out 6 weeks so I can see the logic in your 6-8 week estimate but every situation is individual. I'm sure Zooks wants to help his mates since it is the playoffs. It must take a lot of discipline for Zooks and the coaches not to rush the process this time of year. He is still out there with the reserves plus Brassard so its nearing an hour skate.

Not sure if Nash is a relevant comparision.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Not sure if Nash is a relevant comparision.

Nash is not a direct comparison. As I said every situation is individual. I actually think Dan Boyle has played despite the possibility of 1 if not 2 concussions during these playoffs.

Wolfy*

I don't think he is going to play either, but how are you stating that as a fact? Did AV/Sather say that there is no chance of him playing tonight?

This was confirmed by the Rangers during the press meeting yesterday.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Hahaha it was? I didn't even know that lol. Too funny. Would have made it easier knowing that a page ago :laugh:

OF, how do you make these tweets look like tweets? I've seen quite a few of us absolutely murder the outcome lately...

There's a tweet button when you are making a post. Similar to the Youtube button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad