Injury Report: Zuccarello out with upper body injury UPGRADED: Day to Day (Not Cleared for Contact)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
We have lost 3 games by scores of:

6-2
6-5
2-0

Could playing Zooks (if healthy) instead of Glass made a difference in the 6-2 game? Probably not.

Could playing Zooks (if healthy) over Glass in either the 6-5 or 2-0 games have made a difference? That is quite possible.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Lets all remember the butterfly and that every game plays out totally different if another player is in the lineup.

I'm always surprised that people dont realise this. Its like people saying "Well they lost 4-0 so it wouldnt have made any difference"

Any perceived change of puck movement by any player makes the game play out in a entirely different fashion.

Of course such talks are just What if's

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
We should be winning without Zucc in this series.

Yes, maybe so, but Henrik have 0 shutouts in this year playoffs - Bishop is on his second in this serie.
Maybe he will bounce back tomorrow - otherwise our season is over and no
cup final. :(

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
Yes, maybe so, but Henrik have 0 shutouts in this year playoffs - Bishop is on his second in this serie.
Maybe he will bounce back tomorrow - otherwise our season is over and no
cup final. :(
Ok, not to be picky, but I have to correct two things. First, Tampa was 3-0 against us during the regular season. Secondly, last night was *****ups first shutout this series. Sorry.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
None of that is on Henrik and this is the wrong thread for that discussion.

Yes, it's wrong thread for sure.
I don't blame Henrik - I just compare Bishop vs Henrik shutout stats in 2015 playoffs. :)

I wish that Zucc was healthy - we miss his creativity on the ice.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
I don't think that it has as much to do with losing Zucc as it does wirh putting people in positions where they shouldn't be. At this point MSL isn't much more than a third liner. Miller should also be lower in the lineup. In this situation it's not as much about the player as it is about how it affected the lines.

Exactly, having Zucc in the lineup means that everyone else can play a role that fits best for them. Nothing wrong with having Miller or Hayes or Fast move around the lineup as needed in the course of a game, but having to have them compensate for losing a top 6 forward means they have to step it up game in and game out. And let's face it, none of them have a lot of experience at this level. The kids have been playing great, but they can't make up for everything--the fact that Nash is not scoring and St. Louis is ageing minute to minute before our eyes and is unable to compensate for it only makes Zuccarello's absence that much more painful.

Wolfy*

Zuke is in Tampa with the team again, but will not play. It's funny, since injured players normally don't travel with the team. Maybe they hope he can create some miracle down there.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Update: Zucc jumped on the ice at the end of practice.

But not for a second do I think he will be available to play...

Last edited:

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Zooks was on the bench waiting during the morning skate. He hopped on the ice as they were finishing.

BarbaraAlphanse

No Zuccarello at morning skate.

Can we finally all agree he will not be available until the SCF at the very earliest? (All pm'd apologies will be met with grace)

Hmm. Seems like he's wearing a full contact jersey and is practicing.

BarbaraAlphanse

No, he's not playing. :laugh:

Anyone have any theories on why he would only get on the ice at the end of practice?

I have come to realize that you speak with certainty about things that I don't think you can necessarily guarantee.

Not that I have a problem with this, I just think you speak as if this is a fact when we don't have the slightest clue with what may or mah not happen.

You could be right. I can envision a scenario where they got him out on the ice to boost the team morale. But there is always a possibility until the final lineups are revealed.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
It's great to see Zooks back on the ice. Hopefully our guys can find a way to win so he has time to recover.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
I have come to realize that you speak with certainty about things that I don't think you can necessarily guarantee.

Not that I have a problem with this, I just think you speak as if this is a fact when we don't have the slightest clue with what may or mah not happen.

You could be right. I can envision a scenario where they got him out on the ice to boost the team morale. But there is always a possibility until the final lineups are revealed.

Fact: He's not playing. Please understand this. :laugh:

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
The only thing we know for sure is that the the Rangers sees a possibility for him to return in the playoffs. Otherwise he would have just relaxed as much as he could, and maybe even been in Norway by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad