Injury Report: Zuccarello out with upper body injury UPGRADED: Day to Day (Not Cleared for Contact)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Getting Zuccarello back, at any point in these playoffs, would be a tremendous boost! Not just on the ice, but psychologically as well.

Oh my, imagine him returning for a potential game 1 in SCF. The Garden is gonna erupt when he hits the ice.....

Extremely grateful to see his progression. Was seriously worried abouth his health, and to see his injury status at "Day to day" makes me so happy, and most of all for his own health´s sake and his career. Playing in these playoffs will just be a bonus.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I would think Zucc slots in with Nash and Brassard upon his return, and JT gets bumped down:

Nash-Brassard-Zucc
Kreider-Stepan-Fast
Hagelin-Moore-MSL
Glass-Hayes-Miller

I, personally, would prefer Sheppard to Glass, but that ship has sailed with AV.

Huh?

Hayes has been one of our best offensive players this series. No way he would get moved to the 4th line and Moore the 3rd.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Ehhh, I'm not so sure to be honest. I'd feel much better if he had a practice or two under his belt. But to each their own.

More than anything I'm just glad he's progressed as well as he has and had a chance to be back at all this season, with how things were at one point. Like another poster said, if we see him say game 1 of the SCF, the garden would be beyond electric. Would be a treat for whoever would be there for sure. I get chills just thinkin about it.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
And this whole "Upgrading to day to day" is so damn overblown.

He has a concussion, they are always considered day to day unless your sitting in a hospital room.

AV just wants to keep the media attention off the players playing so he says things like that so they dont have time to bash the players.

Again, he hasnt skated in 2 days. No progress has been made since the last time he skated.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I guess my point kinda is current not played or practiced in a month Zucc better than Fast right now? And at this point is it worth the risk of finding out? Innocent question.

Double yes

I'm not sure why Fast would be better even with Zucc not having played for 4 weeks? He's not lost his conditioning, we know he's been doing light cardio, and lately skated. Fast is good, but he's not arguably the best playmaker on the team

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
The fact he started skating, and now is no longer skating, is awful news. The upgrade to day to day means nothing.
I wouldn't look too deeply either way actually. But it is cute how excited some are getting, when technically he's kinda been day to day since he put skates back on. Notice Zipay says "Still day to day". Still. Not newly, but still. As far as the NYR are concerned, nothing has really changed one way or the other, and it was probably a throwaway phrase from AV. But some are taking it and running with it like it's some huge update or something. It's silly.

The big news will come when we see him skating with the team, and then having a contact practice. Then excitement would be warranted.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Double yes

I'm not sure why Fast would be better even with Zucc not having played for 4 weeks? He's not lost his conditioning, we know he's been doing light cardio, and lately skated. Fast is good, but he's not arguably the best playmaker on the team
Again, agree to disagree I guess. I'm just not so sure. And yes, you definitely lose timing and some conditioning after not playing for 4 weeks, especially when for most of it you could barely do squat.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
The fact he started skating, and now is no longer skating, is awful news. The upgrade to day to day means nothing.

We have no idea if he didn't skate today. He didn't PRACTICE with the team today. He wasn't practicing with the team yet anyway.

No need to read into things so much.

Also, there's know way the Kreider-Stepan-Fast line is getting switched up. Sheppard will go out of the lineup and the 4th will go back to being Glass-Moore-Fast. Zucc back with Nash and Brass.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
We have no idea if he didn't skate today. He didn't PRACTICE with the team today. He wasn't practicing with the team yet anyway.

No need to read into things so much.

Also, there's know way the Kreider-Stepan-Fast line is getting switched up. Sheppard will go out of the lineup and the 4th will go back to being Glass-Moore-Fast. Zucc back with Nash and Brass.

That's my bet.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
If and when Zucc comes back, he's not going to play as minutes as he usually does. My bet is that Sheppard comes out of the lineup, Miller starts on the 4th line and rotates with Zuccarello, who will go back to playing with Brassard and Nash. That causes the least amount of disruption to the lineup.

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
He skated, took two days off, skated again, took another two days off (as far as we know).

Maybe he is on a schedule.

We've never heard this happening with other guys who had concussions. If you stop skating, it's generally bad news.

Obviously every case is different, but I'd be a lot more optimistic if he was on the ice continually.

LetterJ

Feb 16, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Huh?

Hayes has been one of our best offensive players this series. No way he would get moved to the 4th line and Moore the 3rd.

I don't know...I have noticed Moore with Hagelin a fair bit in this series, especially in the d-zone.

I didn't want to put Hayes on the fourth, but Moore paired with Hags led me to conclude that that's what AV was doing.

And this was in today's GDT:

LW C RW
Rick Nash Derick Brassard J.T. Miller
Chris Kreider Derek Stepan (A) Jesper Fast
Carl Hagelin Dominic Moore Martin St. Louis (A)
Tanner Glass James Sheppard Kevin Hayes

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
We've never heard this happening with other guys who had concussions. If you stop skating, it's generally bad news.

Obviously every case is different, but I'd be a lot more optimistic if he was on the ice continually.

We've never had another guy traveling with the team before practicing with the team either.

Wolfy*

We've never had another guy traveling with the team before practicing with the team either.

Well there's a special reason for that.

As AV said, Zuccy is the funny guy, he smiles and makes people happy. That's why he travels with the team.

I believe he skates, not at MSG but away from the media.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
The conspiracy theories are ridiculous.

Why upgrade him to day-to-day if they don't actually think he's day-to-day? Folks think this is a ploy to stop having to answer questions about his status? Are you nuts? If anything, AV is going to start getting MORE questions about him now. No reason to do it if it's not true.

I take it as unadulterated good news.

Wolfy*

Of course it's good news. It means there is now a schedule for his return, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's imminent.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
The conspiracy theories are ridiculous.

Why upgrade him to day-to-day if they don't actually think he's day-to-day? Folks think this is a ploy to stop having to answer questions about his status? Are you nuts? If anything, AV is going to start getting MORE questions about him now. No reason to do it if it's not true.

I take it as unadulterated good news.

Because its practically the same exact thing. Day to day could end up still being weeks, like I said all concussions are ruled day to day. Its not like a broken arm where you have an actual time table you can pretty much go by.

Again, hasnt skated in 2 days, I say that as more concerning news over anything the coaching staff is going to say in the middle of the Conference Finals concerning an injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad