Zuccarello had brain contusion, temporarily lost ability to speak

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
This.

Have to remember its just a game...life is worth more then millions of dollars.

Doctors have told him that he would make a full recovery and will be ready to play next season. He has been told he will play again. This was a total fluke injury. They aren't going to let him back on the ice if he is at any more risk of a career ending/life threatening injury than anyone else.

Othello*

Huge balls to go back on the ice. Best believe I'll be retiring after I suffer that kind of injury

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
i have to be serious here though, why is zuccarello still wanting to play? yes i understand his love for the game and he may feel that it isnt bad but players have concussions and come back with risk of another concussion. zuccarello after having that injury and not being able to move arms or speak is scary and what could happen if he gets hit in the head again? i dont even want to think about it

im hoping he comes back healthy and owns like he usually does but im really hesitant on wanting him to play

For some of these guys, hockey is all they know. It is their LIFE. They wake up thinking about hockey, they go play hockey, and then they go to bed and dream about hockey. Hockey is EVERYTHING to them. It is their reason for living.

I remember watching a Sidney Crosby interview, and the interviewer asked him what he would probably be if he wasn't a hockey player. His answer was "fireman". You know who says they want to be a fireman? Three-year-olds, that's who. It occurred to me when he answered that question that, he was three years old the last time he thought about what he wanted to be, before he fell in love with hockey.

No, you do not understand his love for the game otherwise you wouldn't have to ask.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
For some of these guys, hockey is all they know. It is their LIFE. They wake up thinking about hockey, they go play hockey, and then they go to bed and dream about hockey. Hockey is EVERYTHING to them. It is their reason for living.

I remember watching a Sidney Crosby interview, and the interviewer asked him what he would probably be if he wasn't a hockey player. His answer was "fireman". You know who says they want to be a fireman? Three-year-olds, that's who. It occurred to me when he answered that question that, he was three years old the last time he thought about what he wanted to be, before he fell in love with hockey.

No, you do not understand his love for the game otherwise you wouldn't have to ask.

Great post. Explains a lot of the problems players have after getting pushed out of the game too.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Great post. Explains a lot of the problems players have after getting pushed out of the game too.

So true, and that intense, life-long focus on hockey is probably also what leaves them somewhat exposed to manipulation in business/money by others. But that's OT.

Anyway, hopefully Zuc has a full recovery and talks through the risks completely with his neurologist.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.

This is like Johan Franzen's brain hemorrhage. Missed a couple games but came back in the play-offs. But has never been the same since.

Sometimes, its not worth it

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
good to see him back and get a hatrick last week. Looked like this could have ruined his career but very nice to see him back playing again. He was a huge loss for NYR in the playoffs last season thats for sure!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad