News Article: Zuccarello: “I'm just waiting for it [trade] to happen”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
He never had a choice. His feelings about it were never a factor in Gorton making a deal. Him saying this doesn't change anything about the timeline.

That's not my point. Zucc made it clear earlier he wants to stay, now he doesn't mind a trade. This will make things easier for Gorton because the fans will understand, Zucc still has a huge fanbase here.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
FWIW last year I'd rather have taken my chances with Zuccarello providing secondary scoring than Rick Nash. Probably won't have to take on all the baggage---Beleskey and Spooner's contracts that we did with the Nash trade either. IMO Zucc should bring back a later 1st and probably something else. He's been a consistent scorer for a long time. He can help a power play and he's as close a thing to money as you can get in a shootout. Shootouts don't help in the playoffs but they can absolutely make a difference as far as standings placement in the regular season. IMO a lot of teams could/should be interested in him.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
That's not my point. Zucc made it clear earlier he wants to stay, now he doesn't mind a trade. This will make things easier for Gorton because the fans will understand, Zucc still has a huge fanbase here.

He still wants to stay. The article doesn't change that information. In fact, when I read his quotes, what I hear is a player resigned to a situation he's not happy about and trying to spin it positively. The spin is legitimate, but it doesn't remove the unhappiness.

It literally changes nothing for Gorton. The fans were never going to be a factor.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I know he hasn’t been good for about a year now but damn I’m gonna miss Zucc a lot. Trading him now would be much better than at the TDL though before everyone takes note that he’s declined. Then Hayes and McQuaid at the TDL

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

Thank goodness Gorton doesn't give a shit what the fans think and will act accordingly to do what it best for the team --- and priority #1 since the last trade deadline has been unloading an aging an increasingly ineffective Zuccarello.

Reactions: Riche16

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
FWIW last year I'd rather have taken my chances with Zuccarello providing secondary scoring than Rick Nash. Probably won't have to take on all the baggage---Beleskey and Spooner's contracts that we did with the Nash trade either. IMO Zucc should bring back a later 1st and probably something else. He's been a consistent scorer for a long time. He can help a power play and he's as close a thing to money as you can get in a shootout. Shootouts don't help in the playoffs but they can absolutely make a difference as far as standings placement in the regular season. IMO a lot of teams could/should be interested in him.
Not to mention his heart, tenacity and fire.

For my money Zucc brings a lot more to the table than Nash did... pedigree and name don't mean shit when you're a rental... it's all about WHAT CAN YOU DO FOR ME NOW.

Nash didn't do much (nor did Grabs... not applicable really) but I don't see the same being the case with Zucc

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
He still wants to stay. The article doesn't change that information. In fact, when I read his quotes, what I hear is a player resigned to a situation he's not happy about and trying to spin it positively. The spin is legitimate, but it doesn't remove the unhappiness.

It literally changes nothing for Gorton. The fans were never going to be a factor.

Well that's your opinion...

I said he doesn't mind a trade anymore, that's a huge difference. As Kvatningen wrote, trading Zucc against his wishes could end up a PR disaster for the Rangers. When Zucc says he's fine with a trade they should avoid this problem.

You underestimate the power of the fans. If you think HFNYR (where a lot of people seem to hate Zucc) reflects the majority of fans you're dead wrong.

Reactions: NYR

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

I said he doesn't mind a trade anymore, that's a huge difference. As Kvatningen wrote, trading Zucc against his wishes could end up a PR disaster for the Rangers. When Zucc says he's fine with a trade they should avoid this problem.

You underestimate the power of the fans. If you think HFNYR (where a lot of people seem to hate Zucc) reflects the majority of fans you're dead wrong.
LOL. The Rangers traded Leetch against his wishes...

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey

The team somehow existed for 84 years before his arrival. If the world didn't end with the Leetch trade, it certainly won't for Zucc. Everyone appreciates his contribution for the last 8+ seasons. Time to move on.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

I don't underestimate the power of the fans in this regard. I estimate their impact exactly where it is on these things... and that's no impact at all. Trading Brian Leetch, a fan favorite and team legend wasn't a PR disaster. Trading Callahan and Dubinsky, both fan favorites, wasn't a PR disaster. When the reason behind a trade is well-understood by fans, there is no backlash. In Leetch's case, they needed to rebuild. In Callahan and Dubinsky's cases, they were looking for upgrades. In Zuccarello's case, it's the same as Leetch. Fans aren't going to be upset in a way that's going to impact the team's revenue.

There isn't a single person on this board who hates Zucc.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle

Plz stop... you're embarrassing yourself *facepalm*

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I don't underestimate the power of the fans in this regard. I estimate their impact exactly where it is on these things... and that's no impact at all. Trading Brian Leetch, a fan favorite and team legend wasn't a PR disaster. Trading Callahan and Dubinsky, both fan favorites, wasn't a PR disaster. When the reason behind a trade is well-understood by fans, there is no backlash. In Leetch's case, they needed to rebuild. In Callahan and Dubinsky's cases, they were looking for upgrades. In Zuccarello's case, it's the same as Leetch. Fans aren't going to be upset in a way that's going to impact the team's revenue.

There isn't a single person on this board who hates Zucc.

There is, however, apparently one who thinks Zucc's happiness should hold the entire franchise hostage.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
That’s if we want him back.

I don’t think he fits in with this team post AV.

I will admit, he definitely seems out of place.

The injury doesn't help, but there's this underlying feeling like he's a holdover from a different era. It's weird because there are other guys who have been here longer, and yet it feels more obvious with Zucc.

Reactions: jas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad