News Article: Zuccarello: “I'm just waiting for it [trade] to happen”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I'd really hate to see him go but at this point, I think it’s probably better for both sides to just part ways.

With that said, the way this management group rewards players for “what if’s” as opposed to what they’ve actually accomplished for this organization is beyond pathetic..
I disagree.

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
I still think the NHL should have some type of loan system, similar to soccer.
The system that soccer uses is so complex in my opinion and it entirely revolves around money. I think the system we have now in the NHL is perfect for making deals, developing teams, and getting strategic compensation for players.

Reactions: Lays

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
That seems like a really bad deal for the Rangers

Edmonton sucks and will almost definitely be in the lottery but they get to protect their pick, get a 2nd or 3rd and by far the best player in the deal, and Kassian ultimately sucks bad and isn't worth anything.

That's just a bad deal for the Rangers

The first in what is a strong draft again is an excellent return for an expiring asset. I just don't think as many teams will line up for Zucc as what some are expecting. I tossed Kassian in for two reasons.

1) Quinn likes having a scrapper or two. It's likely, that McQuaid and McLeod will be gone at the end of this season.
2) Hitch doesn't like to roll with a guy like Kassian. Not his style.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
The system that soccer uses is so complex in my opinion and it entirely revolves around money. I think the system we have now in the NHL is perfect for making deals, developing teams, and getting strategic compensation for players.

I just think the NHL should cultivate more home grown type scenarios. There should be more benefits to resigning with your team.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I will admit, he definitely seems out of place.

The injury doesn't help, but there's this underlying feeling like he's a holdover from a different era. It's weird because there are other guys who have been here longer, and yet it feels more obvious with Zucc.

Right now he's clearly injured which is a rarity when it comes to Zuc and if he had a little security and felt like the ORG actually valued what he brings to this team, I'd have zero doubt in my mind he'd be leading this team in points and everything else as per usual.

The 2nd best FWD on this team is a million miles apart from a motivated Zuccarello..

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Love Zucc. My favorite player these past 5 years. Heart and soul guy. He will ABSOLUTELY bring back a first +. Then he comes back to MSG late in the year, gets his tribute scores a couple of goals and then the deciding goal in the shootout.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Love Zucc. My favorite player these past 5 years. Heart and soul guy. He will ABSOLUTELY bring back a first +. Then he comes back to MSG late in the year, gets his tribute scores a couple of goals and then the deciding goal in the shootout.
And then we miss the playoffs by a point.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Why? Gorton hasn’t disappointed so far.
Not by any logical reasoning. Because Zucc is a fan favorite. Read all these comments. His previous effort, heart and soul, etc with the rangers = nothing in the trade department. People will think its an underpayment because people don't recognize that hes looked lousy on the ice recently. All the video they'll show are his brilliant highlights from 2014-2016. Since Hagelin and Brassard got traded he hasnt had the same effort level

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
That's cool but when you reward Shattenkirk, Smith, Names, Spooner, Zib with multi year deals all while proving absolute **** as to compared to Zucc, who has lead this team in points 4 out of the last 5 years is fkn ridiculous to say the least.
Just my opinion..
You have a real good point.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Imagine thinking McDonagh would return no more than a 1st and then coming back to make guarantees about what a player will bring back? Gutsy.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Not by any logical reasoning. Because Zucc is a fan favorite. Read all these comments. His previous effort, heart and soul, etc with the rangers = nothing in the trade department. People will think its an underpayment because people don't recognize that hes looked lousy on the ice recently. All the video they'll show are his brilliant highlights from 2014-2016. Since Hagelin and Brassard got traded he hasnt had the same effort level

Don’t underestimate how desperate GM’s are around the league. Rutherford has an obligation to give Crosby and Malkin ammunition for another Cup run. Dallas needs secondary scoring. Chiarelli...enough said. Buffalo has an extra 1st and might look to add a veteran presence with scoring ability. Calgary was interested last trade deadline.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
That's cool but when you reward Shattenkirk, Smith, Names, Spooner, Zib with multi year deals all while proving absolute **** as to compared to Zucc, who has lead this team in points 4 out of the last 5 years is fkn ridiculous to say the least.
Just my opinion..
Like the Rangers haven’t given out multi year deals to their own players?

Reactions: NewYorkNick

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Love Zucc. My favorite player these past 5 years. Heart and soul guy. He will ABSOLUTELY bring back a first +. Then he comes back to MSG late in the year, gets his tribute passes up a couple of sure goals by trying to force a low percentage pass.

Fify.

I think we’re looking at an Evander Kane Esque return here. Our big trade will happen with Hayes.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
There’s no way Mope-arello gets a first and a good prospect. No way. He’s been ass for a year and a half. I expect s grabner type return at this point and the sooner the bettter.

Reactions: Leetch3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad