News Article: Zuccarello: “I'm just waiting for it [trade] to happen”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayan

NYR fanatic
Jul 6, 2012
”Sitter och väntar på att bli bortbytt” - Swedish Aftonbladet

Translated more or less,

The Norwegian has played in Rangers since the 2010/11 season, and during his years in Manhattan has grown into a big audience favorite. But everything has an end. And "Zuccas" time in Rangers seems to end at any time.

The club is in a rebuild and does not seem to be particularly excited to extend the 31 year old, whose current $ 4.5 million contract in caphit expires after the season.

Zuccarello believes that they want to trade him now, and get something in exchange.

"I'm quite prepared for it to happen. It is most likely. I'm just waiting for it to happen," he says to Nitten.no.

"Zucca" hopes to become a so-called "rental" (a short-term solution for a major team) and get the chance to win the Stanley Cup.

"As the situation is in Rangers now, it might be good to get to a club that has a chance to win. If I could round up the NHL career by winning the Stanley Cup, it would have been absolutely perfect" said Mats Zuccarello.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jayan

NYR fanatic
Jul 6, 2012
The wording when these articles are translated into English always seem to come across more direct and sometimes harsh than I think the original words were.

yeah i used google translate but then also glansed at it to correct things that i thought were out of the context from what was written in Swedish.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
giphy.gif

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
It's tough but it's probably the right move for the Rangers and ultimately Zucc

Jayan

NYR fanatic
Jul 6, 2012
Isn't this the same article that was brought up in the Roster Building thread or is this another one?

It was published less than 30min ago on Aftonbladet, so i doubt that, atleast i havnt seen it in the thread.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
If he's willing to play next 2-3 seasons for a non contender while taking a discount he has until trade deadline to agree to it otherwise see ya.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I'll guess the return is a first and probably a B-prospect.

So when you're looking at teams who could potentially be interested in him, take a look to see who they've drafted in the second or third round in either the 2016 or 2017 drafts.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I'd be very satisfied with that return.

I don’t necessarily even need the good prospect as much as I want the 1st. Give me another chance or two to add this upcoming draft’s Chytil, Miller or Lundkvist, and I’m good to go.

Reactions: darko
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad