Speculation: Zucc out long-term - Top 2 line winger to Dallas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Does Ottawa want to keep Duclair ? He's bunched around so much i would think he would be available on the cheap and with limited assets and all that might be an option to take a flyer on if the Sens don't want to keep him around.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Buyer's remorse?
He was fantastic in the two periods he played yesterday before he blocked the shot and most likely broke his arm. Just very unlucky that Zuccarello got injuered.

They got outplayed badly at times against Chicago, no way they are going deep in the playoffs without Benn getting healthy and improve his play and Zucc getting healthy for the playoffs. They probably still need to add another piece to have any chance at contending. Not looking very good for them...
They have had great goaltending this season though, that can take any team deep in the playoffs.

klingsor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Manhattan
Visit site
I feel bad for Zuccarello.

Lucky for the stupid Rangers that this didn't happen on Thursday when those idiots played Zuccarello, Hayes and McQuaid.

slg1963

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
So Rangers get a 2nd and 3rd from Dallas for 2 periods of hockey and we can resign Zucc in the summer ???? Wow Dallas would have loved Zucc

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
They can trade a later pick with conditions attached that could allow them to transfer either the 19 or 20 pick to fulfill the trade once it's determined that those picks are not property of the Rangers. It shouldn't hamper their ability to make a deal. The 2020 pick is almost certainly not transferring anyways unless they REALLY like Zuccarello.
I never heard if the 1st's that were conditional are for 2019/2020 or not.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

Lucky for the stupid Rangers that this didn't happen on Thursday when those idiots played Zuccarello, Hayes and McQuaid.

Lucky for Dallas it happened last night and not tonight....gives our GM time to at least contemplate a Plan B.

Or not.

No clue how today's going to unfold for Dallas, they're probably still kind of shell-shocked right now.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Agree with this, I think gaining back some of our draft assets and finding a draft capable GM is the smart move..

Spezza is not waiving his NMC . He said so himself . He will play out the year in Dallas

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
LeBrunn says Dallas is working the phones today, hope they don't go full on desperation, but would like to see something decent.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Get Benn to waive his NTC/NMC to CLB in a deal for Panarin. CLB will have a signed top fwd maybe enticing some of their recent acquisitions to stay. Dallas would have the money to sign both Panarin and Zucc and make this team fun to watch again.

Sarcastically speaking of course but after yesterday I gotta find something to make me laugh.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Anaheim’s season is a wash. We have Silfverberg if Dallas is gonna try and make this run.

Nice win on Chicago tonight Dallas. But damn that team is in a jam.

Silfverberg for picks and prospects if you’re interested.

I’m sure Dallas 100% is shopping tomorrow morning.

Silfverberg is the guy I wanted from Anaheim instead of the lump of dried cat-shit that is Cogliano, but hey "intangibles and hustle." Guy is an absolute offensive blackhole.

Hell, if Nill could have swung this Zuccarello deal instead of Cogliano back then, I'd have been happier.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Guess He has to give up that first round pick now

Can't do that. Conditions belong to NYR.
discussed below

NYR will gladly send Hayes for Gurianov, Honka and Hintz
hell no Hayes fetches mo than that.

I don't think he could even if he wanted to, at least unless it was a late pick.

2019 1st - possibly NYR
2019 2nd - possibly NYR (one or the other, depends on Dallas reaching WCF)

2020 1st possibly NYR
2020 2nd - traded to Vegas for Methot
2020 3rd - possibly NYR (one or the other, depends on Dallas re-signing Zucc)

So his hands are pretty much tied there. :laugh:
agree, if things stay as is

They can trade for Kreider or Hayes and work it out with Gorton. Then Dallas could negotiate with both 1st rounders again without any conditions for example.
yeah, except all of that is adding up, and Heiskanen is off the table

So Rangers get a 2nd and 3rd from Dallas for 2 periods of hockey and we can resign Zucc in the summer ???? Wow Dallas would have loved Zucc
definition of taking one for the team...

OPTION 1:
Namest + Strome
return of Dal 2nd + 3rd with conditions
NYR 2019 3rd

for

DAL 2019 + 2020 1sts, no conditions
Gurianov + Pitlick
Hanzal to get cap compliant

something like dat...

analysis:
Zuc heals up, hopefully returns for post season
Strome + Namest give Stars immediate F help
return of their 2nd + 3rd

Rangers bury Hanzal, get Pitlick for bottom 6RW/emergency pivot, Gurianov as possible future
2 1sts

------------

OPTION 2
Namest + Strome
return of Dal 2nd + 3rd with conditions
Brendan Smith
[ballpark just over 11m cap hit]
for

Stars 2019 OR 2020 1st [Dallas' choice], no conditions
Gurianov + Pitlick
Hanzal
and either Spezza if he waives NMC [somebody throws him a bone]
OR
instead of Spez, Methot + _______
to get cap compliant

Smith could actually compete for Stars bottom d, and Rangers want to relocate his term
Stars get back a 1st for the backscratch

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Yup! Dude got a goal and a assist tonight. Zucc gelled like hell on that team tonight.

If we can find a way to convince him to stay here in the off-season, I'd be up for it. Give him 4/5 year term, and throw Nichushkin and Cogliano down the well.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018

Maybe it is a bit of a karma for getting Zucc so cheap and for "stealing" our top choice head coach.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Unless one trickles across the wire any minute now, looks like Jim Nill failed to get anything done today.

So Dallas is essentially back to the roster they had prior to Zucc joining, albeit now with Benn suffering from some unknown ailment.

Fun times. :banghead:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
With all those picks tied up this is sadly not a suprise. Most teams want picks at the deadline or quality prospects and for rentals quality prospects is a dumb idea.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Told you guys, Nill is and was done. He was never legitimately considering another trade I'm sure. They knew they were done unless they could get a steal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad