Speculation: Zucc out long-term - Top 2 line winger to Dallas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Dallas still has the same team they've basically had all year plus Lovejoy. Benn is day to day, so they still should be able to hold there spot in the wild card race.

But, I wonder if this will force Nill to look for another trade. I dont see him trading anymore picks. Maybe something like a young roster player plus a prospect for a forward with term

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

Just saying

They can trade a later pick with conditions attached that could allow them to transfer either the 19 or 20 pick to fulfill the trade once it's determined that those picks are not property of the Rangers. It shouldn't hamper their ability to make a deal. The 2020 pick is almost certainly not transferring anyways unless they REALLY like Zuccarello.

Reactions: 405Exit

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Dallas still has the same team they've basically had all year plus Lovejoy. Benn is day to day, so they still should be able to hold there spot in the wild card race.

But, I wonder if this will force Nill to look for another trade. I dont see him trading anymore picks. Maybe something like a young roster player plus a prospect for a forward with term

I don't think he could even if he wanted to, at least unless it was a late pick.

2019 1st - possibly NYR
2019 2nd - possibly NYR (one or the other, depends on Dallas reaching WCF)

2020 1st possibly NYR
2020 2nd - traded to Vegas for Methot
2020 3rd - possibly NYR (one or the other, depends on Dallas re-signing Zucc)

So his hands are pretty much tied there. :laugh:

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Isn't there a Silfverberg extension already agreed upon and being signed post deadline?

That extension is out the window. Now we are talking real business. Dallas has to trade for someone with two of there key players out. They just traded for Zuccarello. Out 4 weeks and will likely miss playoffs with Benn and Zucc out

Anaheim is all ears on Silfverberg. Supply and demand my friends. Only so many available at this very minute.

Does Dallas want to push for playoffs? Or not? We have no problem taking some seconds.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I doubt Nill will make any moves

You just traded a huge deal for Zuccarello? If you don’t make playoffs because of that? That’s fire able. Nill is forced to make a trade with 2 key weapons injured now.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
You just traded a huge deal for Zuccarello? If you don’t make playoffs because of that? That’s fire able. Nill is forced to make a trade with 2 key weapons injured now.

They believe Benn will be back by Tuesday possibly for the next game. Nill will likely say the team is good enough to make it to the playoffs and stay in it until Zucc gets back. It's unfortunate but he's already announced he's done and I just don't think hes gonna change his mind

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
They believe Benn will be back by Tuesday possibly for the next game. Nill will likely say the team is good enough to make it to the playoffs and stay in it until Zucc gets back. It's unfortunate but he's already announced he's done and I just don't think hes gonna change his mind

We’ll have to see. Zucc hasn’t even been analyzed in Dallas yet. He requires surgery. 4 weeks is a rough estimate is what I’m hearing on NHL Network.

Zucc should be diagnosed early tomorrow morning. And if it’s longer? I see Nill making a late 11 am pacific time trade for someone.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
We’ll have to see. Zucc hasn’t even been analyzed in Dallas yet. He requires surgery. 4 weeks is a rough estimate is what I’m hearing on NHL Network.

Zucc should be diagnosed early tomorrow morning. And if it’s longer? I see Nill making a late 11 am pacific time trade for someone.

I was kinda thinking that too. I assume they'll evaluate him in the morning to see how long exactly that he will be back. If he won't be back at all in the regular season, then maybe they do make a move

Reactions: 405Exit

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Question..

Could the stars trade their first round pick this year with reverse conditions to the rangers trade?

Currently the Rangers get the 1st if the stars advance to the west finals or better.

Could the stars do a different conditional pick..something like...

If the stars miss the playoffs or fall in the 1st or 2nd round the other team gets a 1st round pick this year as the rangers wouldnt get it.

However, If the stars do advance to the west finals the other team get a 2019 2nd instead ( which would now be available) and a 2021 first?

I know this wont bappen
..but would it be legal to?

Ragernschnapple

Feb 24, 2017
Question..

Could the stars trade their first round pick this year with reverse conditions to the rangers trade?

Currently the Rangers get the 1st if the stars advance to the west finals or better.

Could the stars do a different conditional pick..something like...

If the stars miss the playoffs or fall in the 1st or 2nd round the other team gets a 1st round pick this year as the rangers wouldnt get it.

However, If the stars do advance to the west finals the other team get a 2019 2nd instead ( which would now be available) and a 2021 first?

I know this wont bappen
..but would it be legal to?
Yes, they can do that. At least that’s the way I understand it.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
They can, but I’d be rather surprised if a team accepted those terms in a trade.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
I don't think he could even if he wanted to, at least unless it was a late pick.

2019 1st - possibly NYR
2019 2nd - possibly NYR (one or the other, depends on Dallas reaching WCF)

2020 1st possibly NYR
2020 2nd - traded to Vegas for Methot
2020 3rd - possibly NYR (one or the other, depends on Dallas re-signing Zucc)

So his hands are pretty much tied there. :laugh:
Not really, he has one move that he can make and that is make another trade with NYR for Hayes or Kreider.
Then they can discuss the conditions on the picks they already traded in the Zucc trade and for example guarantee that NYR get both 1st rounders if Dallas gets Hayes for example.

Reactions: Johno
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad