Post-Game Talk: Zoinks! Jets win 5-4. Back in a WC spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
That guy was being a **** all game, and was pretty hammered. Had the whole washroom on him when he was dishing it out from the urinal. "9th place" was about the limit of his creativity. The whole section had the "looooooserrrr" chant going in the third.

Seemed to crave the attention though. Saw him after the game and he walked out the door after being kept for a bit by security near the main entrance. Big smile still on his face.

Haha, was that the goober in the Bure #10 jersey? He was wasted before the game even started, had a feeling he'd be tossed.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Would argue it's the players to an extent, combined with Maurice's system.

Transitional defense from the forwards is their Achilles' heel from a personnel and strategic standpoint. Little and Frolik are the only ones who are truly good transitional defenders. Ladd and Scheifele are average (Scheif is improving at it, mind you). Wheeler and Stafford are terrible at it. It leaves them vulnerable, especially when protecting leads.

I'd like to see the Jets go back to Perreault-Scheifele-Wheeler, drop Stafford down to the third line. Matty's another guy who defends pretty well through the neutral zone.

Just like I said, its the system. :) If half your forwards aren't capable, you might have to adjust.

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011

Transitional defense from the forwards is their Achilles' heel from a personnel and strategic standpoint. Little and Frolik are the only ones who are truly good transitional defenders. Ladd and Scheifele are average (Scheif is improving at it, mind you). Wheeler and Stafford are terrible at it. It leaves them vulnerable, especially when protecting leads.

I'd like to see the Jets go back to Perreault-Scheifele-Wheeler, drop Stafford down to the third line. Matty's another guy who defends pretty well through the neutral zone.

AGreed. I think this game will be the excuse Maurice needs to do just that.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Jets-5-Canucks-4-300x200.jpg

Game recaps, post-game audio, video highlights and the NHL.com 3 Stars of the afternoon.

Click here.

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
As a Canucks fan, i was actually happy that we lost to the Jets. Hopefully you guys make the playoffs, the arena is going to be loud. Cannot wait for that to happen.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa

Wheeler has the skates to recover more than anyone on the team though. So there is that. Ladd is too optimistic is making those reads when to transition to D. He is also a leader in memorable transition initiation events. TIE's. I made that up just now and am going to use it like it's a real thing.

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
Have a weird feeling the Oil do us a favor tonight.
I can't believe I just typed that.

That's what I said before the first 10 minutes of their last game against LA, lol.

But you're right...Edmonton's far more likely to beat a team like Calgary than LA...they match up significantly better, not to mention will have some pride to regain after getting slathered by the Kings

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
I also can't figure out why the team abandons Pardy on breakouts so often.

It's because Pardy insists on doing at least one Pardy dangle before passes it out of the zone! But seriously he does hang on to it a second to long all of the time it always seems as though he is trying to corral the puck.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Just got home from the game (went out with my friend after the game for some dinner and wine. Her first Jets game).

Ladd really needs to get his head out of his butt. I say demote him but that'll never happen.

Third and fourth lines were our best lines. Whoever thought that would happen.

The Jets aren't playing their usual tight D and physical hockey. They're lucky Lack was a sieve tonight. Bet the Canucks wish they had Cory now.

Myers is so much bigger live. Holy eff

rahzar

Oct 9, 2005
I know ever time he misses a easy outlet pass I lose it too!

Or when he pinches and the play goes right by him. Or when he tries the hit in the neutral zone and gives up an odd-man rush. Or when he doesn't take the open guy beside the net. Or...

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
Just got home from the game (went out with my friend after the game for some dinner and wine. Her first Jets game).

Ladd really needs to get his head out of his butt. I say demote him but that'll never happen.

Third and fourth lines were our best lines. Whoever thought that would happen.

The Jets aren't playing their usual tight D and physical hockey. They're lucky Lack was a sieve tonight. Bet the Canucks wish they had Cory now.

Myers is so much bigger live. Holy eff

Ladd is the one guy I would trade next year. The team would get value and the cap space would be handy when it comes to signing others.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Ladd's been okay considering he's playing injured, not sure what some of you are seeing that you feel he is playing so bad. He is having another great year, his best yet.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Mo played Ladd Scheifele Wheeler together late in the game. Perhaps a glimpse into the future?

leafster7

Leafs and Jets fan
May 12, 2010
Toronto
I just want the Jets to be in control of their own situation on the last game of the season. That is key that we are in a WC spot before the final game.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Ladd's been okay considering he's playing injured, not sure what some of you are seeing that you feel he is playing so bad. He is having another great year, his best yet.

Do we really know that he's injured? I kinda have my doubts about that. I'd also argue that this is not his best year. His points are expected, given his usage and defensively he's more than a bit overrated. IMHO of course.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Do we really know that he's injured? I kinda have my doubts about that. I'd also argue that this is not his best year. His points are expected, given his usage and defensively he's more than a bit overrated. IMHO of course.

He is taken maintenance days often and something was said on the broadcast today about it.

He has some bad games like every other player but his good games far outweigh his bad ones. IMHO (have to add that in) I really don't understand the criticism he gets a lot of times other than the bad penalties which he hasn't done in a while.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland

The fact that he is captain and hasn't been practicing is a pretty clear sign.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Funny game, this thing called hockey. We certainly played better and deserved a better fate than 0 and 2 in the last two games. The Canucks deserved the two points tonight, but they went cleanly our way.

Go Oilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad