Post-Game Talk: Zoinks! Jets win 5-4. Back in a WC spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetkarma*

The defense was garbage as well so no it's not all on him, but he really made it hard on himself and the rest of the team today by spraying rebounds all over the place and just flat out not knowing where the puck was most of the game i.e the 2nd goal.

He also made some big saves , that covered the backs of other players.

He wasn't perfect , he wasn't really good , but he was not nearly as bad as SOME are making him out to be.

Auror

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I can understand the criticism against Pavs but there are some goals that cannot be put on Pavs, but because of his history, everything is his fault regardless of the quality of shot against him. I'm willing to bet that these days, if it just so happens another team pulled a flying W like we did and scored on us, it'll be all Pavs fault.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Address and critique posts directly please - stop talking about people in the 3rd person. It's unproductive. Thanks.

jetkarma*

I find irony in the fact you defend our worst player yet throw our best ones under the bus.

It's called balance.

Who's our best player?

Some people think anyone but Pavs would be the singular answer , that isn't the case. He made some big saves today and if you don't think so , that's your decision.

I didn't throw anyone under any bus , I did point out glaring mistakes which actually happened , but we shouldn't do that for some players? Some have immunity for proper criticism? But it's ok to be overly dramatic blaming Pavs?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
:shakehead OMG. This is so ridiculous its embarrassing. Look, anyone who thinks the whole Kane situation was about a track suit getting worn to a team meeting needs to give their head a good long shake. That was the culmination of several years of issues. Kane is gone and it wasn't about a track suit. Get on with life...and Buff is a way better player regardless of him doing something stupid and getting suspended.

Now, tonight...wow this is a terrifying ride we're on here boys. I don't know how its going to end, but I'm scairt!

Who knows and who cares what Kane did?

My beef is with Buff, who is apparently the self-proclaimed "alpha" of the locker-room. His actions and suspension show a real lack of maturity and leadership, leaving his team in a very difficult position at the worst possible time.

Being a "way better player" isn't relevant. It's about his actions. He's sitting so we get to watch Pardy trying to get us into the playoffs playing RD. :shakehead Now that's a terrifying ride.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Kinda saw the Wheeler line going into a bit of funk as they were red hot for a couple of weeks there to the point where their production wasn't sustainable. So while I would like to see more from them, they carried this team for a couple of weeks.

Little hasn't shaken off the rust yet and I don't get whats up with Ladd. That line got hemmed in by the Sedin's all game.

I don't mind them going a bit cold on the offense, but the Scheifele line just isn't carrying the play. Wheeler hasn't really had it going the past couple of games, and Stafford has been less effective against quick teams.

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
WE won(!) even if Pavelec and Stuart were doing their best to see we didn't.

That is one perspective, I prefer to look at this as a win with some funny bounces.

Stu made some good plays, and a goal saving block. Pavs made 2 breakaway saves if I am not mistaken.
There were some defensive break downs for sure, and some high % goal chances for the nucks that went in... it's hockey.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Happy for 2 points but we aren't looking like a playoff team :(

We looked solidly like a playoff team in the first period until we took that penalty and then an unlucky bounce on the PK and Vancouver scored their first goal. After that it was a tire fire the rest of the game and we just outlasted the Canucks.

Need to play better and I 'm thinking they will. Can't play much worse, they were just downright jittery after that first goal went in. At least the 3rd and 4th lines are playing well and contributing. Actually I think playing two teams like Minny and St. Louis next will benefit them and force them to play better.

Hopefully we get some good news on Toby. Seriously with all these injuries we've had and that suspension the hockey gods are really testing us. are they setting us up for some kind of reward if we pass this test?

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Not liking how the Jets handle pressure playing at home...there is a chance the final game of the season against Calgary will decide who gets in..and its an afternoon game....

glad that the next three are on the road...just sucks its against wild/blues... meanwhile flames/kings and canucks have games against the coyotes and oilers.

Yeah the Jets home record has sucked for the past couple months :sarcasm:

jetkarma*

.857, 2 garbage goals against. [mod]

No big saves then? None at all?

Save % is gospel ?

It's his fault for all 4 goals ?

I suppose if everyone ignored the other issues today ( and other games ) it would be great to lay all the blame on one player. It's not like we let the other goalie have have a chance to be the defacto number one starter and he actually performed so well that he never relinquished that.

Right ....

Last edited by a moderator:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
A clean regulation win, 2 points up and back in a wild card spot - why are we fighting amongst ourselves? :)

I think it's a very positive sign. Our expectations have been raised by a team that's played a pretty consistently strong game all year. Now we know when they play lousy and win, and we're not happy about it...

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Lowry and Frolik were fantastic.

Stepniak as well.

Pavelec has to work on controlling his rebounds.

Just when you think the Jets are out, they come back!

Whileee

May 29, 2010
We looked solidly like a playoff team in the first period until we took that penalty and then an unlucky bounce on the PK and Vancouver scored their first goal. After that it was a tire fire the rest of the game and we just outlasted the Canucks.

Need to play better and I 'm thinking they will. Can't play much worse, they were just downright jittery after that first goal went in. At least the 3rd and 4th lines are playing well and contributing. Actually I think playing two teams like Minny and St. Louis next will benefit them and force them to play better.

Hopefully we get some good news on Toby. Seriously with all these injuries we've had and that suspension the hockey gods are really testing us. are they setting us up for some kind of reward if we pass this test?

....draft lottery win and this team is a dynasty.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I slept through the game because I didn't think my heart could take a regulation loss. I see that they won, simply by out-scoring the opponents. I see Pavs is back to his mid-season form. >_>

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa

Save % is gospel ?

I suppose if everyone ignored the other issues today ( and other games ) it would be great to lay all the blame on one player. It's not like we let the other goalie have have a chance to be the defacto number one starter and he actually performed so well that he never relinquished that.

Right ....

He is paid to stop the puck. THAT IS HIS ONLY RESPONSIBILITY. He is a terrible goalie. I am allowed to say that as many times as I like if it's pertinent to the discussion at hand.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Lowry and Frolik were fantastic.

Stepniak as well.

Pavelec has to work on controlling his rebounds.

Just when you think the Jets are out, they come back!

Really liked Lowry's game tonight. Stempniak has been such a very good acquisition. Tlusty has also been good.

jetkarma*

Anyone see what happened to Enstrom?

He fell , albeit softly , in the corner with some battling , didn't look like a hard or took a bad fall but he was not quick to get up and reacted like it was pretty bad. Maurice said it appeared better than it initially loked but they would see tomorrow.

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada

Save % is gospel ?

Right ....

Don't forget all the breakaways the team gave up. The same thing happened in the Chicago game. I don't like this trend at all.

Master Scheif

dirt nasty
Jun 7, 2014
Winnipeg
Good first jets game to go to for sure. It's really fun to chant along with the crowd. Especially the TRUE NORTH.

Apparently there was a "where's Luongo" chant. And PLENTY of "EDDDIIEEE" chants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad